Paul Pogba - Juventus player | ban reduced - able to play competitively from March 2025

Why the with doctor target was rumoured to be Mbappe? what does he have against Mbappe?

Has time to do a sequel of Pogmentary now.

From Pogba to Eriksen. A dream come true.

I wish I was a better person but I don't feel anything for Pogba. He has this vindictive personality that rubs me the wrong way, and his sense of perceived harm is warped and makes his targets of ire irrational. don't wish what is happening on anybody but glad it is not with Manchester United.

I wish I was a better person but I don't feel anything for Pogba. He has this vindictive personality that rubs me the wrong way, and his sense of perceived harm is warped and makes his targets of ire irrational. don't wish what is happening on anybody but glad it is not with Manchester United.

You can work on it, maybe consider some form of therapy if you can't make progress by yourself.

I had to listen to that CL tie on the radio due to work but was Mbappe shit during the two legs? Don't seem to remember, it was a pretty lucky result for us to be fair.

I had to listen to that CL tie on the radio due to work but was Mbappe shit during the two legs? Don't seem to remember, it was a pretty lucky result for us to be fair.

No, he was a nightmare in the first leg from what I remember.

Second leg was hilarious.

Still would have loved him in the role Eriksen is currently playing. Plenty of times Pogba put in similar performances, if not, better, yet because its Pogba, for some reason people expected 3 goals and 3 assists every game.

The fact that we've had to play Eriksen in most of our games tells us that ten Hag is desperate for another creative midfielder. Pogba obviously would have been ideal but it wasn't meant to be. Think we need to go all out for Jude Bellingham.

Still would have loved him in the role Eriksen is currently playing. Plenty of times Pogba put in similar performances, if not, better, yet because its Pogba, for some reason people expected 3 goals and 3 assists every game.

The fact that we've had to play Eriksen in most of our games tells us that ten Hag is desperate for another creative midfielder. Pogba obviously would have been ideal but it wasn't meant to be. Think we need to go all out for Jude Bellingham.
Pogba isn't half the player Eriksen is in terms of game intelligence. Eriksen doesn't hold on to the ball a second longer than necessary. Pogba did. He got caught many a times in his own half and put the team under pressure.

Pogba would be a liability in Eriksen's current position.

Really you think that Pogba had better performances than Eriksen in similar position? You must really be joking. Eriksen despite his heart problems works twice as hard and more importantly moves the ball much quicker. Pogba was dwelling on the ball all the time slowing the game, which is completely different to what Eriksen is doing.

There is a reason why we look so much better in midfield when Eriksen is playing.

Pogba isn't half the player Eriksen is in terms of game intelligence. Eriksen doesn't hold on to the ball a second longer than necessary. Pogba did. He got caught many a times in his own half and put the team under pressure.

Pogba would be a liability in Eriksen's current position.

Lets not make things up. I could show you clips of Pogba dominating, and I mean absolutely dominating in that 8 position Eriksen currently plays for us but you'll no doubt manage to claim he didn't.

Lets not make things up. I could show you clips of Pogba dominating, and I mean absolutely dominating in that 8 position Eriksen currently plays for us but you'll no doubt manage to claim he didn't.
I can show you clips of him losing the ball facing his own goal.

The reason Pogba got so much criticism definitely wasn’t his failure to score/assist in every game. Which is, coincidentally, something that Eriksen has also failed to do so far.

Issue with Pogba was he wouldn’t release the ball quickly enough as Eriksen does.

He likes that little bit longer on the ball.

Really you think that Pogba had better performances than Eriksen in similar position? You must really be joking. Eriksen despite his heart problems works twice as hard and more importantly moves the ball much quicker. Pogba was dwelling on the ball all the time slowing the game, which is completely different to what Eriksen is doing.

There is a reason why we look so much better in midfield when Eriksen is playing.

Eriksen did play in the Brighton and Brentford humiliation but I'm not on here to criticise Eirsken because I think he's been very good for us but all I'm saying is, Pogba put in those type of performances for us a number of times and people said he didn't do much. Expectation were so much different. Oh, and our midfield looked much better after lockdown with Matic, Pogba and Bruno but that's not what I'm here to discuss.

Eriksen did play in the Brighton and Brentford humiliation but I'm not on here to criticise Eirsken because I think he's been very good for us but all I'm saying is, Pogba put in those type of performances for us a number of times and people said he didn't do much. Expectation were so much different. Oh, and our midfield looked much better after lockdown with Matic, Pogba and Bruno but that's not what I'm here to discuss.

Eriksen played half the game as a false 9 v Brighton..

No doubt you could do that as Pogba is ultimate YouTube compilation player. Moments of brilliance is/was his specialty. No one will disagree with you if you say that Pogba had an odd brilliant game. However, it was always followed with many average and poor games where he was a liability.

During the course of the season the balance was always negative with Pogba and that’s why it was good to see him leave.

We already look much better in midfield and can only assume that it will only get better with players learning ETH style plus ETH bringing in new players.

The reason Pogba got so much criticism definitely wasn’t his failure to score/assist in every game. Which is, coincidentally, something that Eriksen has also failed to do so far.

If Eriksen cost us 90M, I can bet my bottom dollar that he'd be receiving the same amount of criticism Pogba had.

If Eriksen cost us 90M, I can bet my bottom dollar that he'd be receiving the same amount of criticism Pogba had.

Nonsense. I can absolutely guarantee you he’d have got nothing but praise for his displays so far, if he cost that much. All expensive new signings get that honeymoon period.

The criticism would begin if - like Pogba - nobody had any idea how to get a tune out of him 12 to 18 months later. Based on what we’ve seen of Eriksen so far that’s unlikely. Although it is still early days.

No doubt you could do that as Pogba is ultimate YouTube compilation player. Moments of brilliance is/was his specialty. No one will disagree with you if you say that Pogba had an odd brilliant game. However, it was always followed with many average and poor games where he was a liability.

During the course of the season the balance was always negative with Pogba and that’s why it was good to see him leave.

We already look much better in midfield and can only assume that it will only get better with players learning ETH style plus ETH bringing in new players.

No, just that I watch United games thats all. Was he inconsistent? Yes, of course he was! Who wasn't and still isn't in our team?

I don't get the notion that we already look better in midfield. We've looked ok but lets not exaggerate. We've yet to control a game from start to finish and the games we've impressed in have been the games where we've had less of the ball and hit teams on the counter.

No doubt ten Hag will get us playing that possession based football but lets not make things up because that's certainly something we haven't been doing yet, especially not consistently anyway.

Nonsense. I can absolutely guarantee you he’d have got nothing but praise for his displays so far, if he cost that much. All expensive new signings get that honeymoon period.

The criticism would begin if - like Pogba - nobody had any idea how to get a tune out of him 12 to 18 months later. Based on what we’ve seen of Eriksen so far that’s unlikely. Although it is still early days.

Agreed

You can't be serious? As I said, this isn't me criticizing Eriksen but if we paid 90M for him, there's no way he'd have received the same amount of praise he's getting, especially given his game against Brentford. Lets not be silly!

Spot on.

Eriksen is closer to Scholes in his reading of the game.

You can't be serious? As I said, this isn't me criticizing Eriksen but if we paid 90M for him, there's no way he'd have received the same amount of praise he's getting, especially given his game against Brentford. Lets not be silly!

Nah, you’re just completely wrong. Look at Anthony. He’s really done not very much. Despite his debut goal. Certainly not been any better than Eriksen. And he’s not getting stick because everyone realises it can take a while to settle at a new team, plus none of us want to write off a massive signing that quickly. He’s definitely not getting more shit than Eriksen because he was more expensive.

It was exactly the same with Pogba. It took ages for him to get any criticism. A combination of a genuinely impressive debut and the reasons I outlined above. The criticism built very slowly over time as he continued to flatter to deceive, season after season, until eventually the majority of the fanbase had had enough. It was a slow process though.

Side note. It is entirely reasonable to have higher expectations from a 90 million quid player than you have from a free transfer.

No, just that I watch United games thats all. Was he inconsistent? Yes, of course he was! Who wasn't and still isn't in our team?

I don't get the notion that we already look better in midfield. We've looked ok but lets not exaggerate. We've yet to control a game from start to finish and the games we've impressed in have been the games where we've had less of the ball and hit teams on the counter.

No doubt ten Hag will get us playing that possession based football but lets not make things up because that's certainly something we haven't been doing yet, especially not consistently anyway.
It’s not only about control. There are other styles than possession football. Player like Eriksen makes us tick as he moves the ball quicker and more intelligently. Things that Pogba was definitely missing most of the time.

There was a period under Ole when Pogba was moving the ball much quicker and we looked better. He even said this in one of his interviews at the time and admitted this was the reason why he looked better in that period. Then unfortunately he reverted to his old self when he was dwelling on the ball and sloppy in possession.

I agree that players are inconsistent but in his case there were more poor/average games than very good/brilliant.

Finally, his work rate was always underwhelming which you may overlook if it is Messi or Ronaldo but not someone like Pogba.

Reactions: Sultan
Nah, you’re just completely wrong. Look at Anthony. He’s really done not very much. Despite his debut goal. Certainly not been any better than Eriksen. And he’s not getting stick because everyone realises it can take a while to settle at a new team, plus none of us want to write off a massive signing that quickly. He’s definitely not getting more shit than Eriksen because he was more expensive.

It was exactly the same with Pogba. It took ages for him to get any criticism. A combination of a genuinely impressive debut and the reasons I outlined above. The criticism built very slowly over time as he continued to flatter to deceive, season after season, until eventually the majority of the fanbase had had enough. It was a slow process though.

Side note. It is entirely reasonable to have higher expectations from a 90 million quid player than you have from a free transfer.
It’s not only about control. There are other styles than possession football. Player like Eriksen makes us tick as he moves the ball quicker and more intelligently. Things that Pogba was definitely missing most of the time.

There was a period under Ole when Pogba was moving the ball much quicker and we looked better. He even said this in one of his interviews at the time and admitted this was the reason why he looked better in that period. Then unfortunately he reverted to his old self when he was dwelling on the ball and sloppy in possession.

I agree that players are inconsistent but in his case there were more poor/average games than very good/brilliant.

Finally, his work rate was always underwhelming which you may overlook if it is Messi or Ronaldo but not someone like Pogba.

Yep pretty much this.

Watching the interview between scholes and Gary neville earlier, midfielders need to take ball on half turn with their foot further from the ball, the one controlling it, it's what we teach our young players at our club, ok they all don't get it and that's ok, Erickson is this type midfielder more so than pogba, I don't think we seen peak pogba mind ya but is it 4 utd managers that couldn't find his best spot,

Nah, you’re just completely wrong. Look at Anthony. He’s really done not very much. Despite his debut goal. Certainly not been any better than Eriksen. And he’s not getting stick because everyone realises it can take a while to settle at a new team, plus none of us want to write off a massive signing that quickly.

No, I think it's you who's completely wrong. Following the 75M signing of Jadon Sancho last season, go and have a look at the criticism he took early doors. You've been on here long enough to know fans are completely clueless when it comes to giving people time.

Let me just make it clear that I wouldn't criticize Eriksen. I very rarely criticize our players but to go on like it doesn't happen, regardless of whether its early doors or not is peculiar, to say the least.

You mentioned clips first. Clips don't prove anything except whatever you want it to. If you think Pogba has the same degree of game intelligence as Eriksen, we'll just have to disagree.

@Pogue Mahone has already articulated the reasons quite well.

I said Pogba has had similar performances to Eriksen in that 8 role, not only for United but for France, too. Nothing has changed my opinion!

Didn't Eriksen do that against Brentford? :wenger:
Yes, Eriksen had one poor game and made mistake for one of four goals that we conceded that night.

However, he then had five very good to brilliant games where he was one of the best players in our team.

The ratio for Pogba was complete opposite.

I don’t know whether Eriksen can continue with his form but Pogba had six seasons (!) to establish himself as one of the foundations of our team which he miserably failed to do.

Oh, and our midfield looked much better after lockdown with Matic, Pogba and Bruno but that's not what I'm here to discuss.

It kinda is.

And Eriksen took plenty of stick after Brentford, but nothing but praise for being brilliant since. Wouldn’t have made a difference if he’d cost 10p or 100m.

If Eriksen is as inconsistent as Pogba during his spell here, he’ll receive plenty of shit regardless of the fee. Dalot was cheap as feck, but until he started performing this season he’d been nothing but the subject of pure ridicule. McTom is an academy product and it’s the same there, so not sure why you think the price is why Eriksen is getting lauded.
As with McTom and Dalot this season so far, it’s due to nothing but performances.

Why are Eriksen and Pogba being compared anyway? They are very different players.

Eriksen is the better metronome. He moves the ball quickly and more accurately in that role.

There are maybe 20 videos Mathias has posted on Twitter, or had a timer on in case of an arrest. In French. Anything interesting that's not appeared in written form?