Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

It wasn't a festival - it was two gigs with the same headliner and multiple support acts. 75,000 people weren't buying tickets just to see the Charlatans and Cast.

And to be fair, I went to an actual festival in the late 90s that Robbie Williams played at, and many people stayed in their tents to avoid that shite!

Anyway, let's see how fast these tickets sell out, because I think you'll be changing your opinion based on that rather than what crowds they were getting 30 years ago.

Edit: And I don't have an agenda, other than the fact I think you're well off the mark about their appeal. I don't even like the band.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knebworth_Festival

Elite athletes, yes. They're an accepted thing, based on objective qualities like skills, trophies and medals. Bands aren't categorised like that, are they? And if they were to be, what are we talking? Crowd sizes and record sales? Or musical ability and songwriting? Because the latter are subjective.

Elite athletes, yes. They're an accepted thing, based on objective qualities like skills, trophies and medals. Bands aren't categorised like that, are they? And if they were to be, what are we talking? Crowd sizes and record sales? Or musical ability and songwriting? Because the latter are subjective.
Agree to disagree mate. I've given my thoughts and have nothing left to add.

saw them with the wife at wembley just before they split.

I'll definitely be getting up early tomorrow on the off chance we can go again.

I'd advise trying to get to one of the early ones. They may not make it through the whole run of dates

Musicians have mad skills, probably more than a footballer for example, and also win awards Grammy, for outstanding achievements. So there are elite musicians too.

No I can see that but you suggested they aren’t outside of the UK and I think that’s massively incorrect.
My point was not that they weren't a big band but rather where I lived they weren't the biggest thing around and even then only for under a year.

Wonderwall has become a radio play staple but they have never been anywhere near a big as they were in the UK.

Musicians have mad skills, probably more than a footballer for example, and also win awards Grammy, for outstanding achievements. So there are elite musicians too.
Yes. Elite musicians in terms of skills, I agree, although virtuoso is there correct term there. Elite bands, just aren't a thing though.

Says someone who said there's no such thing as an elite band :lol:
Google the term 'elite bands' and see what comes up. Nothing about music, other than a company that does entertainment at weddings.

It's just not the right terminology. Music isn't a sport.

Last edited:
Coldplay are inexplicably popular in terms of numbers of people who'll watch them live, but the streaming numbers will be because they can play their music at any number of functions and environments because it's so bland it fades into the background. It'll feature in thousands more 'background noise' playlists than those other bands too.
It does seem those kind of public playlists make inflate numbers and are a bad metric to compare how "big" music acts are. Pitbull for example has 49 million monthly listeners but would he even fill arenas these days? He hasn't had a hit in what feels like nearly 10 years.

I don’t think Oasis are that big outside of the UK. Of course they have a following but they’re not huge IMO

As of 2024, the band have sold 75 millionrecords worldwide, making them one of the best-selling music artists of all time and been cited by Guinness World Records as the most successful act in the United Kingdom between the years 1995 and 2005.
Having said that they can’t touch the likes of the Beatles 600m Queen 300m U2 175m Rolling Stones 250m Elton John 350m Billy Joel 187m Paul McCartney 100m even Taylor Swift 117m ( figures from google) but 75 m is massive and I think makes them huge.

As of 2024, the band have sold 75 millionrecords worldwide, making them one of the best-selling music artists of all time and been cited by Guinness World Records as the most successful act in the United Kingdom between the years 1995 and 2005.
Having said that they can’t touch the likes of the Beatles 600m Queen 300m U2 175m Rolling Stones 250m Elton John 350m Billy Joel 187m Paul McCartney 100m even Taylor Swift 117m ( figures from google) but 75 m is massive and I think makes them huge.
Oasis as a band are as big as Noel's feet.

There’s no such thing as an elite band in the same sense as elite footballers, what a weird use of the word :lol: Music is subjective, it’s weird how some adults still struggle with that concept.

saw them with the wife at wembley just before they split.

I'll definitely be getting up early tomorrow on the off chance we can go again.

I'd advise trying to get to one of the early ones. They may not make it through the whole run of dates

There'll be some kind of announcement but there I can't imagine there'll be tickets on sale tomorrow.

If venues were booked this would have been leaked ages ago.

I saw oasis in 91/92 before Noel joined, they were called Rain and were ok, they got played off the stage by the support act that night though.

Never really got the hype about them, I like a few of their songs, but thats about it.

I saw oasis in 91/92 before Noel joined, they were called Rain and were ok, they got played off the stage by the support act that night though.

Never really got the hype about them, I like a few of their songs, but thats about it.
This sums up my feelings. I like about five of their tunes, but nothing about them is particularly special to me.

Only on the caf you'd have someone saying Oasis isn't a huge band. At this point in time I don''t care one way or another about them, but they're fecking huge.

If they will reunite and come to an arena close to me I'd go, though.

I'll try and get a ticket for Cardiff if they go there. It's nostalgic and I don't like all their stuff but the ones I do like are worth seeing.

Wonder if they would open with Hello or will completely erase that from their setlist :lol:

There's no accounting for taste. Bland middle of the road twats.

That first sentence should go without saying. Yet it’s crazy how often people correlate popularity with quality.

I would probably put Oasis close to Coldplay in this context. They captured a vibe at the time and I drunkenly belted out their hits with as much enthusiasm as anyone. But their music hasn’t passed the test of time. They’re not albums you want to go back to. It was funny the way they were seen as being on a par with Blur for so long, yet Blur/Damon Albert went on to produce a vastly superior back catalogue of music. All the Oasis solo projects have really just highlighted how limited they were/are, musically.

The comeback shows will probably be great fun. For nostalgic 40 and 50 year olds and kids with a Brit Pop fetish. That and the potential for punch ups on stage anyway.