Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

I don’t think Oasis are that big outside of the UK. Of course they have a following but they’re not huge IMO

Of course they are. They were one of the biggest bands in the nineties in the world, and people still love their music.

I don’t think Oasis are that big outside of the UK. Of course they have a following but they’re not huge IMO

They were massive in South America there are some great gigs on YouTube, the UK and Europe, weirdly big in Japan and South Korea also so much so they used a Japanese version of the band in a music video, the only country they didn't really get that big in is American and that's overplayed they still sold out shows etc they just didn't get all the radio play and all that stuff and probably didn't fancy it to much.

Now have they been able to maintain that since they've split up I'm not so sure, probably why the focus of the gigs will be in the UK

Saw them twice in the 90s, once at Earls Court where they were immense, and the other time as one of the 250k at Knebworth, where they were shit, and blown off stage by the Prodigy who were on before them. Still love their tunes though, and will definitely try to get tickets.

Saw them twice in the 90s, once at Earls Court where they were immense, and the other time as one of the 250k at Knebworth, where they were shit, and blown off stage by the Prodigy who were on before them. Still love their tunes though, and will definitely try to get tickets.
Yeah, the Earls court gigs were great. The Verve supporting before they got big was brilliant too.

Apart from a bunch of drunken Mancunians (and not the ones on stage) pissing up each others legs. Feral :lol:

Not for me.
They aren't for me either, but that's neither here nor there in terms of you know, most of the rest of the planet.

I also think Metallica aren't a great band, but there are stadia all over the world full of tens of thousands people who obviously think otherwise.

They split up 15 years ago and if they do announce dates their tickets will sell out in record time. Huge crowds will go to see them of all age groups and sing along to every song from a setlist of songs that were written as far back as 30 years ago. The definition of a feckin massive band. Hard to blame Noel and Liam for taking the coin, coin, coin.

They aren't for me either, but that's neither here nor there in terms of you know, most of the rest of the planet.

I also think Metallica aren't a great band, but there are stadia all over the world full of tens of thousands people who obviously think otherwise.
I'm not speaking about personal taste, I'm simply stating IMO they aren't a 'huge' band.

Metallica as an example are one of those bands. Oasis aren't on that level.

Oasis are at least a level below Coldplay or something in terms of size.

Thats just words though, any examples?
One of their gigs:

photo-of-oasis-and-knebworth-1470739989-view-0.jpg

A different one:

oasis-at-maine-road-april-1996-3-1461770996.jpg

I'm not a fan, but denying their massive appeal is silly.

I was supposed to see them the night after they split at V - I was beyond gutted. I saw Liam at Knebworth a couple of years back and he was great, so will definitely be trying to get tickets for this.

Just listened to their greatest hits CD and yeah, they're even more meh than I remembered. Musically I don't find them very interesting
I think a lot of the songs are probably much better live with the crowd singing along though.

I'm not speaking about personal taste, I'm simply stating IMO they aren't a 'huge' band.

Metallica as an example are one of those bands. Oasis aren't on that level.

Oasis are at least a level below Coldplay or something in terms of size.
Coldplay (87 million) have more monthly listeners on Spotify than Metallica(27 mil), oasis(21 mil) and U2 (20 mil) combined.

I knew they were big but jesus!

You can argue the merits of the band musically for sure but the size of them is not a thing to argue, they are going to sell out 10 nights at Wembley in record time if this is true there just aren't a lot of bands that could do that including Coldplay and Metallica even Taylor Swift did 8 nights and she is the biggest thing in music today in terms of concert sales and recordings

Coldplay (87 million) have more monthly listeners on Spotify than Metallica(27 mil), oasis(21 mil) and U2 (20 mil) combined.

Quite surprised to see relative similarity between Oasis/Metallica/U2 actually.

Coldplay are an actual huge/elite level band unfortunately. Oasis aren’t anywhere near the reach or popularity of them.

Quite surprised to see relative similarity between Oasis/Metallica/U2 actually.

Coldplay are an actual huge/elite level band unfortunately. Oasis aren’t anywhere near the reach or popularity of them.
I don't listen to Coldplay but I wouldn't find them particularly offensive :lol: when their live shows pop up on my tiktok it does look fairly class.

He used Metallica as an example so...

They are just not that level of band.

To be fair, the context of that Metallica footage needs to be taken into account:

They were one of five bands playing that day - Others included AC/DC and Pantera.

It was the first time there had been an open-air concert with Western bands in Moscow.

It was totally free to get in.

As for Oasis:

Two-and-a-half million people applied for tickets -
More than four per cent of the population applied for tickets to see Oasis at Knebworth, the largest ever demand for concert tickets in British history. A whopping 250,000 people got to see the band over two nights - another record - but incredibly, Oasis could have sold out another 18 Knebworth shows.

To be fair, the context of that Metallica footage needs to be taken into account:

They were one of five bands playing that day - Others included AC/DC and Pantera.

It was the first time there had been an open-air concert with Western bands in Moscow.

It was totally free to get in.

As for Oasis:

Two-and-a-half million people applied for tickets -
More than four per cent of the population applied for tickets to see Oasis at Knebworth, the largest ever demand for concert tickets in British history. A whopping 250,000 people got to see the band over two nights - another record - but incredibly, Oasis could have sold out another 18 Knebworth shows.
How many bands played with Oasis at Knebworth?

Coldplay are inexplicably popular in terms of numbers of people who'll watch them live, but the streaming numbers will be because they can play their music at any number of functions and environments because it's so bland it fades into the background. It'll feature in thousands more 'background noise' playlists than those other bands too.

Coldplay are inexplicably popular in terms of numbers of people who'll watch them live, but the streaming numbers will be because they can play their music at any number of functions and environments because it's so bland it fades into the background. It'll feature in thousands more 'background noise' playlists than those other bands too.

They have mass appeal for some reason, I have no idea why their music is just so inoffensive and dull but when you cross over thats what you get, closest Oasis got was Wonderwall un that sense

How many bands played with Oasis at Knebworth?
I'm not sure, but I don't think we can compare the likes of perennial Oasis support acts Cast, Kula Shaker and Ocean Colour Scene to AC/DC in terms of music or popularity!

And, like I say, that Metallica footage was taken of a huge historical and cultural phenomenon at that time in Russian history, and - I don't think this can be emphasised enough - it was free. It's not like they get those numbers on a regular basis.

Jean Michel Jarre had a world record 3.5 million people at one of his concerts in Moscow, don't forget, and he's not doing a 10 night stint at Wembley any time soon.

I'm not sure, but I don't think we can compare the likes of perennial Oasis support acts Cast, Kula Shaker and Ocean Colour Scene to AC/DC in terms of music or popularity!

And, like I say, that Metallica footage was taken of a huge historical and cultural phenomenon at that time in Russian history, and - I don't think this can be emphasised enough - it was free. It's not like they get those numbers on a regular basis.

Jean Michel Jarre had a world record 3.5 million people at one of his concerts in Moscow, don't forget, and he's not doing a 10 night stint at Wembley any time soon.
Mate you're deliberately leaving out some of the bigger acts to suit your agenda. It was a festival.

Robbie Williams played there for 3 nights and got 125k a night.

Mate you're deliberately leaving out some of the bigger acts to suit your agenda. It was a festival.

there wasnt one mention of another band on the tickets or promo for knebworth :lol:

That has not been my experience really. Stepping aside the question of whether you include Ireland in your statement, my own anecdotal experience living in the US is that they were a big deal to a lot of people. Obviously nothing will be the same as Britain and Ireland.

I will say I went to see Noel Gallagher play last summer and the crowd was not a young one. Saw Arctic Monkeys not long after at the same venue and couldn’t believe how many teenage girls there were, I guess they’re that much more recent and their later albums are more romantic crooner type songs.

They’re definitely a huge band, the idea they aren’t seems a bit silly. Just because there’s potentially a few other huge or bigger bands doesn’t mean they aren’t one.

They have an absolute huge following and in terms of the UK are huge with the younger generation as well. If this happens it will be absolutely massive because a lot of people that have never seen them will see it as a once in a life time chance to see them perform live, which is why the tickets will sell out at lightning speed.

Absolutely no chance I’m missing the opportunity to see them if this actually happens.

It wasn't a festival - it was two gigs with the same headliner and multiple support acts. 75,000 people weren't buying tickets just to see the Charlatans and Cast.

And to be fair, I went to an actual festival in the late 90s that Robbie Williams played at, and many people stayed in their tents to avoid that shite!

Anyway, let's see how fast these tickets sell out, because I think you'll be changing your opinion based on that rather than what crowds they were getting 30 years ago.

Edit: And I don't have an agenda, other than the fact I think you're well off the mark about their appeal. I don't even like the band.