Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

Doing the rumour rounds at the moment...

91KVHwcAXW6G.jpg

Wonder how much the tickets will be. I’m expecting a ridiculously high price even for the ‘cheap seats’

I’ll be going regardless feck it

All the Oasis solo projects have really just highlighted how limited they were, musically.
Noel freely admits that their biggest songs are just him ripping off other stuff (mostly The Beatles) but he's adamant you'll listen to it and love it.

I think their first three albums are still enjoyable.

That first sentence should go without saying. Yet it’s crazy how often people correlate popularity with quality.

I would probably put Oasis close to Coldplay in this context. They captured a vibe at the time and I drunkenly belted out their hits with as much enthusiasm as anyone. But their music hasn’t passed the test of time. They’re not albums you want to go back to. It was funny the way they were seen as being on a par with Blur for so long, yet Blur/Damon Albert went on to produce a vastly superior back catalogue of music. All the Oasis solo projects have really just highlighted how limited they were/are, musically.

The comeback shows will probably be great fun. For nostalgic 40 and 50 year olds and kids with a Brit Pop fetish. That and the potential for punch ups on stage anyway.
“A pair of manc car thieves with a Beatles songbook”

91KVHwcAXW6G.jpg

I didn’t verify it myself but bullshit was being called because dua lipa is playing Wembley during those dates

I mean 15 nights at Wembley seems a bit excessive to say the least the hype is there but they aren’t selling out 15 shows at Wembley

Noel freely admits that their biggest songs are just him ripping off other stuff (mostly The Beatles) but he's adamant you'll listen to it and love it.

I think their first three albums are still enjoyable.

They’re good fun. Loved at least two of them at the time. But have had absolutely no interest in listening to any of them for what must be nearly two decades now.

I understand people may not like them for whatever reasons, but no edge?

Come on now :lol:
What edge did Oasis have? They were never music your parents hated, probably because it was recycled Beatles/T-Rex/Gary Glitter melodies and, after those first two albums, they never developed it into anything more interesting. The better British bands of that era did at least explore different sounds - Radiohead most noticeably but also Blur after they left behind the Kinks influence of the first few albums.

You do realise they played Madison Square Garden. I get some people like to play down how big they were as they seem offended by it
To give a sense of their popularity in the US, after the WTSMG record came out, when they were arguable at their peak, they played a KROQ Weenie Roast with this bill (headliners to support order): The Cure, The Offspring, The Chemical Brothers, Oasis, Foo Fighters, Blur, Social Distortion, Radiohead, Echo & The Bunnymen, Descendents, That Dog, et al. Pretty insane lineup overall, and even crazier where they were on the bill.

I didn’t verify it myself but bullshit was being called because dua lipa is playing Wembley during those dates

I mean 15 nights at Wembley seems a bit excessive to say the least the hype is there but they aren’t selling out 15 shows at Wembley
Good shout, I can see them playing probably 23rd-27th and then Heaton Park for the rest.

I think they'd have a good chance in selling out 15 shows at Wembley, once in a life time opportunity for many.

They’re good fun. Loved at least two of them at the time. But have had absolutely no interest in listening to any of them for what must be nearly two decades now.
They are. Maybe you need to have more fun?

What I find most odd is the album I've gone back to the most is Be Here Now.

91KVHwcAXW6G.jpg
10 nights in Heaton Park if this is true and I have my doubts , the locals will be orgainisting demo's already
They already have Parklife and they hate that.
Would be interesting which part of the park they use, Parklife 80K over 2 days, Oasis would easy do that each day, when the Pope visited in 1982 there was 100,000 +, this would be the sort of numbers they want, but over 10 days, I doubt the infostructure would handle it.

10 nights in Heaton Park if this is true and I have my doubts , the locals will be orgainisting demo's already
They already have Parklife and they hate that.
Would be interesting which part of the park they use, Parklife 80K over 2 days, Oasis would easy do that each day, when the Pope visited in 1982 there was 100,000 +, this would be the sort of numbers they want, but over 10 days, I doubt the infostructure would handle it.
Pope Bonehead the First

They are. Maybe you need to have more fun?

What I find most odd is the album I've gone back to the most is Be Here Now.

I should have been clearer. I meant they were fun. Teenage me loved them. They captured a moment. But there are many things teenage me loved that I don’t love any more. And some things that - unlike Oasis - passed the test of time.

What edge did Oasis have? They were never music your parents hated, probably because it was recycled Beatles/T-Rex/Gary Glitter melodies and, after those first two albums, they never developed it into anything more interesting. The better British bands of that era did at least explore different sounds - Radiohead most noticeably but also Blur after they left behind the Kinks influence of the first few albums.
Blur is a great example. Think Tank has more fresh ideas on it than all of Oasis records combined.

Paul fecking Heaton. There are few musicians whose music I have such a strong negative reaction to. I genuinely loathe his songwriting.

I quite liked a few Housemartins songs many moons ago. But I had no idea he was still on the go. His post-Housemartins output seems to be bland radio-pop for middle aged mums who don't really like music. And that was in the early 90s. Who on earth is his target audience now?

I dont know about edge but a live Oasis concert is miles above either of the bands you have named here, fecking Radiohead you want to name check I've seen them at a festival twice and they are the most boring live experience I've had in near 30 years of going to gigs, on record they are probably more interesting musically to nerds but in terms of swagger, attitude, energy whatever you want to call it they aren't in the same league as Oasis

The tickets will be hundreds.
I'm expecting minimum 300 each plus c*ntmaster fees.

I quite liked a few Housemartins songs many moons ago. But I had no idea he was still on the go. His post-Housemartins output seems to be bland radio-pop for middle aged mums who don't really like music. And that was in the early 90s. Who on earth is his target audience now?

It just seems to be music for ads on midday tv.

Definitely buying a ticket no matter how much it costs, Oasis could definitely fill and sell out a 15 day tour of Wembley mind you

I would think on a par with Swift tickets, for Wembley ranged from £380 to £58

I think it'll be higher. Audience will trend older and it's a much bigger event than Taylor Swift.

Would be hilarious if all of this hype is for some deluxe 30th anniversary reissue of Definitely Maybe.

I should have been clearer. I meant they were fun. Teenage me loved them. They captured a moment. But there are many things teenage me loved that I don’t love any more. And some things that - unlike Oasis - passed the test of time.
When you say oasis didn't pass the test of time, that's purely in your opinion, right?

Progressive? Eh? Are you not edgy unless you sound like king crimson, yes or genesis then?
Well in musical context, edge does sort of refer to progressiveness, yes.

Edit: I don’t know if you’re referring to their personality, but for me, arrogance/cocky persona etc isn’t relevant when discussing whether a band has ‘edge’.

Hoping they visit Ireland later in the summer. If it’s Slane I will be away and have serious FOMO

The tickets will be hundreds.
I'm expecting minimum 300 each plus c*ntmaster fees.
We had to pay similar to that for Coldplay, so yeah if the are in Croker too it’ll be about that

@2 man midfield just to add to that, for me, ‘edge’ is something that makes a band different from the rest (it’s an abbreviation of ‘cutting edge’ at the end of the day). I like a few of Oasis’ songs, but they’re song writing and overall style didn’t offer anything particularly different or groundbreaking.