Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time the phrase unlock and Anthony should be used in the same sentence is "unlock the door for Anthony hes off to a different club".

What does 'known to EtH even mean? He's the head coach of Manchester United, it's his job to 'know' players. He knows who Jude Bellingham is, do you think we shouldn't sign him because EtH 'knows' who he is?

Stop talking bollocks.

You know exactly what it means, and you're being wilfully ignorant if you wish to pretend it hasn't been an issue. To boil it down to 'has heard of them' is out right intellectually dishonest.

And yes, shockingly, it is beyond one man to manage Manchester United and run a international scouting database of all potential players. To suggest that's bollocks is to suggest any of the widely feted changes to our football structure are completely unnecessary.

I understand we're in the INEOS honeymoon period where everything they do is golden and people don't want to hear anything that might even tinge on criticism. All I'm suggesting is that the narrative of our signings, targets and fees paid so far would be given an entirely different spin had that not happened. Time will tell which interpretation is correct, but I've seen fans **** for Murtough, Mourinho, Arnold and he even Woodward at various points. I don't think it's 'chatting bollocks' to be a bit hesitant about links to former ten Hag players, but rather a bit of healthy caution having seen years of fellow United fans getting caught up in cycles of misplaced optimism.

He misses 10+ games a season through injury since 2019/20. Missed 19 games last season alone. Let’s not add another injury prone player to our defence please.

At this rate, EtH probably has to renounce his Dutch passport if hes one and tell the whole Manchester Utd to never consider or even speak about Dutch players or any players that plays there becaue our fans will get irate and moan and whines and ... the monments they hear anything associate to Dutch with EtH in charge.

Hes here, get over it, get behind the team (even if you dont like him or any players under him), enjoy the journey, and if we still shite like last year, stop watching us sometimes if you can and go out or do something else. It wont us anywhere because nothing can be done beside it hurts your feelings even more.

The ability to even remotely use his right foot might unlock Antony's potential.
GNpWcv9WQAAFLk9

You know exactly what it means, and you're being wilfully ignorant if you wish to pretend it hasn't been an issue. To boil it down to 'has heard of them' is out right intellectually dishonest.

And yes, shockingly, it is beyond one man to manage Manchester United and run a international scouting database of all potential players. To suggest that's bollocks is to suggest any of the widely feted changes to our football structure are completely unnecessary.

I understand we're in the INEOS honeymoon period where everything they do is golden and people don't want to hear anything that might even tinge on criticism. All I'm suggesting is that the narrative of our signings, targets and fees paid so far would be given an entirely different spin had that not happened. Time will tell which interpretation is correct, but I've seen fans **** for Murtough, Mourinho, Arnold and he even Woodward at various points. I don't think it's 'chatting bollocks' to be a bit hesitant about links to former ten Hag players, but rather a bit of healthy caution having seen years of fellow United fans getting caught up in cycles of misplaced optimism.
You're not showing healthy caution, you're reacting to every bit of 'news' like it's a fact, using it to confirm your own bias and then chatting bollocks on here. This is why newbies weren't allowed to post in the main forums until they'd shown themselves not to be a massive reactionary cry baby.

We've signed 2 players this summer, neither of whom have worked with EtH and by all accounts were suggestions from the scouts, not the manager. One of them isn't even Dutch for crying out loud!

Antony is probably the only player we've signed based on the manager's suggestion that has been a huge failure, in terms of performances, but mostly the price tag. If INEOS had been in place at the time I really don't think that would have happened. Same with Casemiro, which wasn't the manager's signing as he wanted FdJ, who I think we can all agree is a great player and we'd have loved him at United.

The links to de Ligt and Mazraoui are much more to do with opportunity. We can't spend much money until we sell, Bayern need to sell before they can spend, there might be a deal to be done there where we swap out a couple of unsuitable players (AWB and Maguire/Lindelof) for a couple that are a better fit. Not WC players, but players that improve the squad as a whole.

Hirst's article is deliberately intended to rile up the idiots on this forum. It is purely his opinion and he has written it to get people clicking.

If we do sign Mazraoui, he won't start ahead of Dalot when he's fit and Antony is currently behind Garnacho and probably even Amad now on the RW. If Sancho is still here come the end of the transfer window, Antony will probably barely touch a ball until being loaned out in January.

Stop believing everything you read on twitter.

I have to be honest, judging from Ten Hag's alleged comments, it worryingly looks like he wants to persist with this botched Antony experiment at RW. Was really hoping Amad would be getting the minutes there next season.

Antony should be written off as a disaster courtesy of the previous management team. We should be offloading him at a price much less than we paid and chalk it off as an L and move on. Recruiting injury prone former teammates to 'unlock' him seems a little desperate if not deluded.

I have to be honest, judging from Ten Hag's alleged comments, it worryingly looks like he wants to persist with this botched Antony experiment at RW. Was really hoping Amad would be getting the minutes there next season.

Antony should be written off as a disaster courtesy of the previous management team. We should be offloading him at a price much less than we paid and chalk it off as an L and move on. Recruiting injury prone former teammates to 'unlock' him seems a little desperate if not deluded.

You'd have to be somewhat naive to belive that rubbish.

Anyone who watched an analysis of Antony when he signed for us would have been aware that we wouldn't see the best of him without the correct type of fullback behind him. It's fundamental to how he operates. He needs the space created by the overlapping fullback to cut inside and do his thing. Its Alalso a massive flaw. @raaes called it out in his video on Anthony when we first signed him

I don't see Marzouri coming unless de ligt is signed and delivered first. Marzouri ability to play on both flanks probably comes into the thinking as well. Plus his relationship with Anthony. I have no idea if they were like Becks and Neville level of partnership down the right flank at ajax, but if we get him for £10-£15mil and he can help Antony get somewhere close to his best then it might be worth doing.

Personally I'd rather we sign vanderson, ship out Antony on loan to Brasil or somewhere. Give minutes on that flank to amad / pellestri / garnacho etc. But that ain't gonna happen.

Personally I'd rather we sign vanderson, ship out Antony on loan to Brasil or somewhere. Give minutes on that flank to amad / pellestri / garnacho etc. But that ain't gonna happen.
I don't see that happening as we're not in the market for a starting RB, and Vanderson would probably cost that kind of money.

We would be better off signing Kadıoğlu. Similar fee and can play both left and right back.

Last edited:
He might not have a say. Turkish clubs are pretty skint, so the ownership might overrule him if we make an acceptable offer.
2 years left on his contract too, someone will likely sign him up this summer.

No way Mourinho let's him go
Between Mourinho's €10.5m-a-year salary and his inevitable push for experienced big-name recruits, he probably needs Ferdi out the door as soon as possible. Fenerbahce are hardly a financial juggernaut.

Yeah he can play right wing or RWB but he can't play RB in a back 4. Unless we change formation he's a non starter.
Before Alonso came to Leverkusen....he has played as right-back for them.

He has played this position too in the Manchester City youth and for Celtic.

And a great coach can teach him to defend.

Valencia was a right winger too and has played a few seasons then as right-back......like said this is the job of a coach to improve a player (For example Schweinsteiger played as winger before he met Van Gaal.....he showed him the way to a central midfielder).

If we want more attacking football then we must go for Frimpong.....Mazraoui wouldn't improve us at all.

I believe Paul Hirst (Times Chief Writer) yep. Very reliable source for United news.

And I believe Ten Hag has his loyalties to certain players like Antony.
Thats quite weird, considering Hirst has no way of really knowing Ten Hag's intentions (one of the easy things to write but disprove), and Ten Hag himself dropped Antony toward the end of last season.

I think Hirst has enough links to prove ten hag wants mazroaui but not the why.

Thats quite weird, considering Hirst has no way of really knowing Ten Hag's intentions (one of the easy things to write but disprove), and Ten Hag himself dropped Antony toward the end of last season.

I think Hirst has enough links to prove ten hag wants mazroaui but not the why.

I think it's too specific to not be false. It's a big claim given he's the Chief Football Writer of Times, but yeah maybe Antony is a myriad of other reasons why he could be good in Ten Hag's eyes.

I think it's too specific not to be false. It's a big claim given he's the Chief Football Writer of Times.
And how do you know that the reasons aren't multi faceted such as - he can play two positions, he's well rehearsed in attacking play under the ten hag system, he's very professional, comes at a good price and played with certain players before such as Antony?

It's very easy to pick the Antony point and publish it as a headline whilst maintaining credibility.

As I said before Antony was dropped at the end of last year and Diallo has been massively praised of late. We have zirkzee and Mount as forward options on top. There's little to suggest that Antony is a preferred winger now.

He was highly rated not that long ago. Haven’t followed him lately though.

Ferdi and De Ligt in (£60m)

AWB, Lindelof and Maguire out (£60m)

Defence is then complete and we can focus on midfield.

No thanks to Mazraoui
We won't get any more than 40m for the 3 of them combined.

Also, with Kambwala leaving, I can't see us selling 3 CBs in one window. It will be one of Maguire or Lindelof. Probably Lindelof for 10-15m.

Anyone who watched an analysis of Antony when he signed for us would have been aware that we wouldn't see the best of him without the correct type of fullback behind him. It's fundamental to how he operates. He needs the space created by the overlapping fullback to cut inside and do his thing. Its Alalso a massive flaw. @raaes called it out in his video on Anthony when we first signed him

I don't see Marzouri coming unless de ligt is signed and delivered first. Marzouri ability to play on both flanks probably comes into the thinking as well. Plus his relationship with Anthony. I have no idea if they were like Becks and Neville level of partnership down the right flank at ajax, but if we get him for £10-£15mil and he can help Antony get somewhere close to his best then it might be worth doing.

From what I heard, Mazraoui made his name at Ajax for being one of the first batch of those inverting FBs, that drift into midfield to allow midfielders to push up. I don't know too much about the guy, his stats look pretty good so I am not against it at all, the price has to be right though. And we have to make sure to protect ourselves from him being a sicknote that is never available.

I am not the biggest fan of our current Fullbacks so to be honest, I am quite happy to see the club being active in that regard. I am just not sure though, if the priorities are correct. I'd rather make sure to add one or two midfielders, maybe another CB before spending money on a fullback. Again, I am not as enthusiastic as many about Dalot but he certainly deserves to be given more chances. If we aren't happy with our fb situation, I'd probably go for somebody predominantly on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.