Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn't mind him on his own accord but absolutely not simply to unlock fecking Antony :lol:

That's a fools errand if I've ever seen one

We cannot spend too much unless we get some great sales. Much rather use more of the funds for DM and CB, I think we even need a LB more because there is no way we are counting on Shaw for the majority of a season.

If Mazzraoui is pretty cheap, around what we sell AWB for then he sounds like a good option.

Is anyone else getting Telles vibes from this one?

I suppose the fact that, from what others say, he can play both RB and LB is a positive, but does he make us “better”? I don’t think so…

I’d be lying if I wasn’t worried that it’s yet another Ajax player that played under Ten Hag. It would be one thing to base your transfer strategy on peak Barcelona 2009-15 or Real Madrid 2016-2022, but on a team that made a CL semifinal and gave up a 3-0 advantage in the 2nd leg to crash out? Not awesome.

I don't mind Mazraoui, I think he's a very good right back that can also play left.
He is a solid all rounder.
Even Bayern fans like him, when he's fit.

But unlike all the bullshit lies around de Ligt, this guy is actually injury prone.
For that reason alone I'd prefer the Turkish player Ferdi.

Hirst is just making assumptions. I doubt EtH has said anything like that, especially within earshot of anyone who's first reaction would be too call Hirst.

Besides, Antony would first have to reclaim the RW spot, and even then Dalot would start ahead of Mazraoui 90% of the time anyway.

Wouldn't mind him on his own accord but absolutely not simply to unlock fecking Antony :lol:

That's a fools errand if I've ever seen one

The Antony stuff is obviously nonsense.

But ultimately it's hard to argue if the club replaces AWB with Mazraoui for a net cost as minimal as those figures suggest.

The Antony stuff is obviously nonsense.

But ultimately it's hard to argue if the club replaces AWB with Mazraoui for a net cost as minimal as those figures suggest.
1) Yeah probably nonsense.

2) Mazraoui as important key for Antony :lol:

3) Antony would be lucky to get minutes in the League Cup.

So this and Amrabat will be the real tests for whether football people are back in charge of transfers, or if someone with comically oversized shoes might still be running the circus.

I suppose the fact that, from what others say, he can play both RB and LB is a positive, but does he make us “better”? I don’t think so…

I’d be lying if I wasn’t worried that it’s yet another Ajax player that played under Ten Hag. It would be one thing to base your transfer strategy on peak Barcelona 2009-15 or Real Madrid 2016-2022, but on a team that made a CL semifinal and gave up a 3-0 advantage in the 2nd leg to crash out? Not awesome.

He's better in attack than AWB and unlike some of the more popular suggestions for right back, he is a right back and is fairly honest with his ball winning. He's also sure to be a better option playing leftback and scored some goals from that position as well at Ajax.

I don't think you really get the most exciting fullback for the price point we're offering. £18 million would be good for him especially if its a small amount more than AWB's sale

In essence he would be very good competition for Dalot, but also able to play both sides if Shaw is unavailable. He's better than Malacia has shown and now he has fitness issues himself. So its like having 2 Dalots who can line up either side, can attack and defend.

02dca83007ac1db842fd89b77e472fe1.png

Now dont get me wrong, if we have enough money to sign say Ugarte and then Vanderson for rightback then great. But chances are once we've signed our midfielder things are going to be tight and we arent going to be able to offer what Monaco would want. On the other hand Bayern dont need Mazraoui and hes an instant upgrade for our squad options which were a severe weakpoint last season. We were playing Amrabat at leftback...

Wow I had completely forgotten about Telles! I agree with your assessment.

So this and Amrabat will be the real tests for whether football people are back in charge of transfers, or if someone with comically oversized shoes might still be running the circus.
I think it’s going to be a split decision at best, no to one and yes to the other, unfortunately. I’d prefer no to both.

Can’t see this being true unless it’s extremely cheap, hasn’t looked amazing when I’ve watched him and from what info’s look like they’re doing, they’ll go for some very promising youngster. We also know eth likes Dalot a lot so he’ll be first choice.

I doubt this move happens. Not wven prime Cafu could unlock Antony
At least with Pogba there was massive talent there to try to unlock, Antony has shown nothing in his time to ever put him in consideration for any potential signing :lol:

Unlike De Ligt, this guy actually is injury prone. The Moroccan Robben. Without the skill though.

Last edited:
Jamie Jackson just went in on this in the guardian.

Not sure of his reliability, but it would take our summer signings to players that played in the Eredivise and a youngster we overpaid for. I suspect people will still talk about new eras, but that's pretty indistinguishable from what we did last season.

Jamie Jackson just went in on this in the guardian.

Not sure of his reliability, but it would take our summer signings to players that played in the Eredivise and a youngster we overpaid for. I suspect people will still talk about new eras, but that's pretty indistinguishable from what we did last season.
Jackson isn't that reliable and Zirkzee never played in the Eredivisie.

Apparently ETH wants him to 'unlock' Antony...

Amad will be left crying on the bench while we watch United-Ajax.

Jackson isn't that reliable and Zirkzee never played in the Eredivisie.
True, Dutch then.

Point is they're players known to ETH. I think we'd all hoped we'd not be doing that anymore, and whilst I'm still happy to chalk the pattern so far up to coincidence I really would have liked to see more evidence of a different way.

True, Dutch then.

Point is they're players known to ETH. I think we'd all hoped we'd not be doing that anymore, and whilst I'm still happy to chalk the pattern so far up to coincidence I really would have liked to see more evidence of a different way.
What does 'known to EtH even mean? He's the head coach of Manchester United, it's his job to 'know' players. He knows who Jude Bellingham is, do you think we shouldn't sign him because EtH 'knows' who he is?

Stop talking bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.