Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won't get any more than 40m for the 3 of them combined.

Also, with Kambwala leaving, I can't see us selling 3 CBs in one window. It will be one of Maguire or Lindelof. Probably Lindelof for 10-15m.
Not a chance. We'll get minimum £50m, likely a bit more.

Lindelof - £10m
Maguire - £30m
AWB - £20m

I can't see us selling for much less that the above, certainly not £20m less

Lindelof - £10m
Maguire - £30m
AWB - £20m

No one is buying Maguire and the only club interested in AWB is reported to pay 15m tops.

Disagree. That is clearly not the model ETH wants to employ. He is using Dalot as an inverted FB. Both Shaw and Dalot when fully fit are more than capable. Ferdi is first switch for either role so he'll get enough games

Shaw and Dalot arnt very good at crossing though and part of the reason we struggle to score goals is because out wingbacks dont put many good balls in to the box for McTominay and Hojlund to get on the end of.

Lindelof - £10m
Maguire - £30m
AWB - £20m

There were reports a few days ago that Wan-Bissaka could leave for 10m to help us facilitate the Mazraoui signing. I personally think we'll accept 15m as he's in the final year of his contract.

No one is paying 30m for a 31 year old Maguire. Not even West Ham now that he's a year further into his contract and Moyes isn't there anymore. We'll be lucky to get 20m for him.

Not sure this guy is our best option, but we badly need to strengthen at wingback. In the modern era, wingbacks are so important especially in a 4-2-3-1 where the wingers are typically inverted. If you look at any of the top teams, they are stacked at wingback and they are all capable in attack.

Then look at us…zero depth and only Shaw really is capable going forward. We need to move AWB, bring in an attacking wingback that can play both flanks and promote Amass for depth. We shouldn’t be relying on Malacia at all. Anything out of him is a bonus.

Lindelof - £10m
Maguire - £30m
AWB - £20m

Maguire is 31 and in the final year of his contract. No way a club pays £30m for him, especially with the wages he'll want.

Right back? 26yo? He’ll be a backup to Dalot.

Don’t think it a a good move. Being a team that promotes academy players, this is a perfect scenario to give youth more chances.

West Ham is where he belongs. That’s his level.

Funny how polarising this one is. Some claiming we're missing out, others saying bullet dodged.

He's better than our existing options at right back, but he doesn't have a great injury record and is a former Ten Hag Ajax player, both of which will have turned people off. The bigger issue isn't so much missing out on Mazraoui at a good price, but rather that the club that's buying him was our prospective buyer for Wan Bissaka, without whose sale, we probably cannot bring in a new fullback.

It's probably AWB's level as well though, and now we're probably stuck with him until he leaves next summer on a free
Yea, this is much more my worry than missing out on Mazraoui. Felt like West Ham were the only option to get a few quid in for a player who has shown themselves to be not good enough.

If AWB is truly available there should be half the league table interested. West Ham finished 9th (1 place below us) and just took a better value transfer off the table for the rest of them. Chances are unlike Bayern with Mazrouai we arent making him available and are hoping he signs a new deal. If he has made it clear he doesnt intend to we should obviously sell him and take whats offered with a year on his deal. Us not doing that already suggests to me that it isnt the case

He's better than our existing options at right back, but he doesn't have a great injury record and is a former Ten Hag Ajax player, both of which will have turned people off. The bigger issue isn't so much missing out on Mazraoui at a good price, but rather that the club that's buying him was our prospective buyer for Wan Bissaka, without whose sale, we probably cannot bring in a new fullback.
Since when was Mazraoui better than Dalot?

Mazraoui clocked 35 appearances and that's the highest in his last 4 seasons. Think it's good he's not coming here.

Good news if he doesn’t end up here. Bad news as that’s West Ham out the race for Wan Bissaka.

Missing out on Mazraoui isn't a issue. Losing out on a buyer for AWB is.

Don’t fear check David Ornstein’s tweet. Wan Bissaka has a preference.
As one guy mentioned, the article says he is okay to move next season for free. Then there is another tweet posted somewhere that Dumfries is about to sign a contract extension with Inter. We are struck with him for the coming season.

As one guy mentioned, the article says he is okay to move next season for free. Then there is another tweet posted somewhere that Dumfries is about to sign a contract extension with Inter. We are struck with him for the coming season.

I don’t see the issue. If he’s sold we have to replace him. Thats different to us wanted to replace him. He’s our back up RB and when called upon he does a good job. We shouldn’t care if he stays it’s not like the money we get from him will be used to be a £40m RB.

We have bigger issues like a new left back. I for one hope he stays instead of rotating around shite.

Also some slight ramifications for any potential De Ligt deal. Bayern need to sell before they can buy as confirmed by Hoeneb, so this is a bit more money in their pocket.

Granted, De Ligt's wages means he's probably still a priority sell.

I don’t see the issue. If he’s sold we have to replace him. Thats different to us wanted to replace him. He’s our back up RB and when called upon he does a good job. We shouldn’t care if he stays it’s not like the money we get from him will be used to be a £40m RB.

We have bigger issues like a new left back. I for one hope he stays instead of rotating around shite.
The issue is that he is not good enough even as back-up for a top team with ambitions in this league. Selling him for 15m or so and then adding another 15m on top to upgrade the position would have been good for us. Now, most likely, we'll lose him on a free and will have to spend 30m+ on another player next season, which will limit our budget next season.

We do have bigger issues at LB. And I have always said it should be one of our top priorities to get one this window given that our entire left sided defense was injured for the entirety of last season. However, that issue needs to be addressed separately.

Unfortunately, West Ham were our buyer for Wan Bissaka, so that probably ends our hunt for a RB this summer unless some other club begins showing interest in him.
I rather keep Wan-Bissaka (and i'm surely not his biggest fan) than to buy Mazraoui.

Mazraoui is nothing special....we must upgrade this position or keep Wan-Bissaka.

Inter Milan play wingbacks. AWB would be a nightmare as a wingback. Can you imagine? The position has offensive responsibilities that require them to be effective last third players, which AWB is not.

I’m probably not understanding… are they saying the player has decided to sign for West Ham even though United want him?

You're not showing healthy caution, you're reacting to every bit of 'news' like it's a fact, using it to confirm your own bias and then chatting bollocks on here. This is why newbies weren't allowed to post in the main forums until they'd shown themselves not to be a massive reactionary cry baby.

We've signed 2 players this summer, neither of whom have worked with EtH and by all accounts were suggestions from the scouts, not the manager. One of them isn't even Dutch for crying out loud!

Antony is probably the only player we've signed based on the manager's suggestion that has been a huge failure, in terms of performances, but mostly the price tag. If INEOS had been in place at the time I really don't think that would have happened. Same with Casemiro, which wasn't the manager's signing as he wanted FdJ, who I think we can all agree is a great player and we'd have loved him at United.

The links to de Ligt and Mazraoui are much more to do with opportunity. We can't spend much money until we sell, Bayern need to sell before they can spend, there might be a deal to be done there where we swap out a couple of unsuitable players (AWB and Maguire/Lindelof) for a couple that are a better fit. Not WC players, but players that improve the squad as a whole.

Hirst's article is deliberately intended to rile up the idiots on this forum. It is purely his opinion and he has written it to get people clicking.

If we do sign Mazraoui, he won't start ahead of Dalot when he's fit and Antony is currently behind Garnacho and probably even Amad now on the RW. If Sancho is still here come the end of the transfer window, Antony will probably barely touch a ball until being loaned out in January.

Stop believing everything you read on twitter.

I'd have thought the point of a newbie system would be to weed out self important people who are incapable of expressing their opinion without throwing around insults, but here you are so...

With virtually every United journalist now running the story, although thank God it looks like we're handicapped in getting him and will have to look elsewhere, it's perhaps a useful lesson in digital literacy for you that when journalists all post similar things with similar wording at similar times then they've got a source.

But besides that point, perhaps you should reread the post you responded to? I merely suggested, in far less emotive language than you yourself deployed, that there is a disappointing pattern to the players we've signed, made offers for and been linked to by reliable journalists, that bears more than a passing resemblance to the way we operated last summer (including overpaying for a youth talent based on potential) whilst even allowing for the fact that other explanations could be possible. If you want to see a marked change then sure, but I'm certain one is only able to see a marked change if one is actively looking to see a marked change. After all, basically every reliable journalist who spoke about INEOS going into this window mentioned that it was probably too soon to see drastic changes, so it would not be a surprise if we were working off a target list drawn up under the old regime where ten Hag had an outsized influence in recruitment. I think that's disappointing, and you don't want it to be true, but it looks like it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.