Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

This guy is so arrogant man. Giving it out to Arteta and then Jesus at the end of the game. Can’t stand him. He needs suspending anyway for throwing the ball at Gabriel’s head. Arsenal need to complain about that

Some of the posts in here are completely embarrassing. He's the best forward in the world right now and his numbers against top oppositions are excellent. Just because they don't match up to his freakishly good numbers against other sides doesn't mean he isn't great.
Ye but doesn’t change the fact he’s still a pr*ck

People talking about him throwing the ball at Gabi's head, but he should gotten a yellow (at least) for that crazy attempt at a header against saliba in the first 10 minutes. Was always late and just jumped in like a maniac to headbutt saliba. He was unhinged this match

This guy is so arrogant man. Giving it out to Arteta and then Jesus at the end of the game. Can’t stand him. He needs suspending anyway for throwing the ball at Gabriel’s head. Arsenal need to complain about that
What the hell are you on about? Have you gone mad? Suspended for throwing a ball? If the ref saw it he would've given a yellow card, that's why VAR didn't intervene. Not in a millon years would he get suspendend.

You just know he wouldn't do any of that if he was Martinez's height

It's not like he isn't worthy of his arrogance.

What the hell are you on about? Have you gone mad? Suspended for throwing a ball? If the ref saw it he would've given a yellow card, that's why VAR didn't intervene. Not in a millon years would he get suspendend.
For throwing it at someone’s head? What planet are you on

A prick we’d all love if he were at United. He’s the biggest miss by our scouts the last decade and it’s not even close.
Ye it’s still unacceptable behaviour though and I’d be saying the same if he played for us.

If this was King Eric saying that us united fans would lose our collective minds in worship. Lets not go down the "Arsenal players must be defended" route. They can join City in the relegation dark hole for all I care

If this was King Eric saying that us united fans would lose our collective minds in worship. Lets not go down the "Arsenal players must be defended" route. They can join City in the relegation dark hole for all I care
It’s not about defending Arsenal. It’s more because he plays for city. They hate losing. They think they should just be gifted wins, week after week. And Bernardo silvas interview after the game says it all

Ye it’s still unacceptable behaviour though and I’d be saying the same if he played for us.
We had some players in her our heyday that would toe the lines or go beyond to get into the opposition's head. The game needs personalities and Haaland is one of them, likeable or not.

Is he really a prick though? I may be wrong, but at least I’ve not seen him act like this before.

Arsenal obviously rubbed him the wrong way today, either with all their cramps, or maybe some things that were said on the pitch. I got annoyed watching that, and I wanted Arsenal to win.

But our fanbase also criticised the club for listening to EtH on transfers which gave us the likes of Antony so we can't just pick and choose the recommendations which we like.

Ole recommended Haaland (to who exactly, I don't know, but someone at United) while Haaland was still at Molde, in other words before Ole took the interim - and subsequently permanent - manager gig at United.

I've always taken this to mean: Ole tried to do United a favour (having realized that Haaland was a special player/talent).

He acted like a real idiot:- Throws the ball at the head of an opponent.- Is arrogant towards the opponents and expects from them.- Gets into a discussion with the opponent's coach.

Jesus, this sport has been filled with sissys. That was funny.
And Partey DID step in his way.

Hes a breath of fresh air. I would LOVE having him at UTD.

Hes a breath of fresh air. I would LOVE having him at UTD.

If he had somehow ended up at United, he would've been fiercely defended by 95% of the people who now consider him "arrogant".

As if "arrogance" (more like being a bit cocky) ever hurt a young footballer who is capable of backing it up.

Lucky not to be getting any retrospective action really. Quite a few things stemming from him including swearing on the camera at the end. We all know what happened when Rooney did that.

I thought what he did was funny. And Arsenal have no moral high ground to stand upon with their time wasting and cheating. For want of a more eloquent to say it, feck them.

Arteta is an arrogant man himself, so he can't complain...which from the clip I saw he didn't(?) so no big deal...move on.

Ole recommended Haaland (to who exactly, I don't know, but someone at United) while Haaland was still at Molde, in other words before Ole took the interim - and subsequently permanent - manager gig at United.

I've always taken this to mean: Ole tried to do United a favour (having realized that Haaland was a special player/talent).
No, I understand. I've heard Ole talk about it in The Overlap interview. However, EtH also tried to do us a favour with tipping us off about Antony and we splurged €100m on him. I just don't think it's a reliable scouting method, albeit it would have been effective in this one example. We cannot discount all the failures of anecdotal recommendations and should focus on a proper scouting and recruitment structure.

No, I understand. I've heard Ole talk about it in The Overlap interview. However, EtH also tried to do us a favour with tipping us off about Antony and we splurged €100m on him. I just don't think it's a reliable scouting method, albeit it would have been effective in this one example. We cannot discount all the failures of anecdotal recommendations and should focus on a proper scouting and recruitment structure.

Absolutely, yes - I agree wholeheartedly.

I have been crying out for a different recruitment policy for years, we shouldn't allow the "manager" to do anything beyond vetoing individual players.

But there is still a major difference between the two (possible) "favour" scenarios here:

When Ole recommended Haaland initially, they were still both at Molde. When ETH recommended Antony, he did so as United manager (and he didn't recommend an extremely promising kid who could be aqcuired for peanuts, he recommended a 22 year old who was never going to move from Ajax to United for peanuts). *

* And no, of course ETH wasn't directly involved in the transaction which ended up costing United a grotesque amount of money for an utterly mediocre player, but it was never a possibility to get Antony on the cheap (which would have been the only possible justification for the move itself).

Absolutely, yes - I agree wholeheartedly.

I have been crying out for a different recruitment policy for years, we shouldn't allow the "manager" to do anything beyond vetoing individual players.

But there is still a major difference between the two (possible) "favour" scenarios here:

When Ole recommended Haaland initially, they were still both at Molde. When ETH recommended Antony, he did so as United manager (and he didn't recommend an extremely promising kid who could be aqcuired for peanuts, he recommended a 22 year old who was never going to move from Ajax to United for peanuts). *

* And no, of course ETH wasn't directly involved in the transaction which ended up costing United a grotesque amount of money for an utterly mediocre player, but it was never a possibility to get Antony on the cheap (which would have been the only possible justification for the move itself).
Haaland was still £20m or so release clause I believe? It looks cheap now but it's hardly peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Us not signing him at Molde & Haaland moving to City almost feels like destiny.

He was never coming to us when his father also played for the next door neighbours currently with the bigger wages and better footballing life in general.

I do wonder though & like to see a vote -

Does anyone see Haaland breaking Messi's 91 goal in a calendar year?

He just turned 24 three months ago so has a long way to reach his prime whilst just turning off 23.

Maybe it's a bit harder to do in the PL & playing for Norway instead of Argentina or Germany but if he does move to Serie A or La Liga i dont think it would be completely impossible either.

Considering Gerd Muller was the leader at 85 before Messi's 91 in a year, I'd say puts some perspective if its achievable or not. Unlikely, sure but not impossible.

I'd say Haaland has the ability to do it over Mbappe though 100%.

Us not signing him at Molde & Haaland moving to City almost feels like destiny.

He was never coming to us when his father also played for the next door neighbours currently with the bigger wages and better footballing life in general.

I do wonder though & like to see a vote -

Does anyone see Haaland breaking Messi's 91 goal in a calendar year?

He just turned 24 three months ago so has a long way to reach his prime whilst just turning off 23.

Maybe it's a bit harder to do in the PL & playing for Norway instead of Argentina or Germany but if he does move to Serie A or La Liga i dont think it would be completely impossible either.

Considering Gerd Muller was the leader at 85 before Messi's 91 in a year, I'd say puts some perspective if its achievable or not. Unlikely, sure but not impossible.

I'd say Haaland has the ability to do it over Mbappe though 100%.

Possibly but then he's the sort of tall, explosive player who's probably already at his peak. Nothing to say he can't sustain that peak into his 30s (Zlatan managed and arguably got better), but I'm not sure he's got much left in the way of development. Probably as perfect a player as he'll ever be.

Think he'll struggle to hit Messi's tally but very much could conceivably come close.

Throwing the ball at Gabriel was pretty funny but in all honesty I have no idea how they didn’t get pulled for that, even VAR cleared it

Bit of a sickener for Arsenal who just played 45 minutes with 10 men after a daft sending off. Kick a ball away and you’re sent off, throw a ball at somebody’s head and it’s fine!

Last edited:
not to be petty but that incident at the end throwing the ball at the Arsenal player's head was the kind of incident that would have gotten a United player a 3 match ban 10 years ago or so

Rooney swearing, Evra and groundsman etc

I'm gonna be inclined to dislike opposition players anyway, so I'm all for them acting like cnuts in this way.

Having sat through the dire City/Arsenal games last season, at least this standard of shithousery comes with some entertainment value. A bit more personality in those games is no bad thing, even if that personality is "prick".