Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Right, so earlier you said league games do count as big games, but now it's just semi finals and finals. Which is it?

So Bayern does count as a big game but only when it's a semi or final, which conveniently discounts his goal against them in CL quarters.

Mid-week you were gloating that he didn't score against Inter and so he was a flat track bully, but by your definition it wasn't even a big game, as it was only a group stage game?

So scoring a hatrick agaisnt United doesn't count because United are too shit to count, despite them being a top 4 side that season. But playing a far worse United side who finished 8th does count because it's a final, and Sheffield United in a cup game counts as a bigger game than a 3rd place United side in the league. Do you ever just think you're making it up as you go along to suit your agenda?

He's scored in 3 separate games against Arsenal in his short time in England, so I'm not sure how "he usually doesn't score against Arsenal" is a fair assessment.

I have very simply laid out my point for you in the post above with a few stats about his lack of goals in important games. It’s very easy to understand.

Today was a good goal against a top team in a big game. It doesn’t change the fact that he doesn’t do that often enough and is rarely decisive when it counts.

That includes finals, semi finals, and big games in the league (as we have seen against Arsenal in recent matches) and CL (as we saw as recently as this week)

6 finals, no goals

Messi scored 32 goals in finals, Ronaldo 30, Neymar 21, Romario 19, Drogba 10 goals and 10 trophies.

The greats, and even the very goods, decide big football matches. He has time, but it’s a massive failing if he doesn’t eventually add that to his game.

He has very much been the flat track bully on roids for City so far.

Last edited:
He was good today, the problem was City trying to pass the ball about too much and not being more direct. His goal was very good.

I was surprised they didn’t go in for Toney this summer. When they were chasing the game today they could of had him up next to Haaland and it’d of given them a different outlet / option to try.

I have very simply laid out my point for you in the post above with a few stats about his lack of goals in important games. It’s very easy to understand.

Today was a good goal against a top team in a big game. It doesn’t change the fact that he doesn’t do that often enough and is rarely decisive when it counts.

That includes finals, semi finals, and big games in the league (as we have seen against Arsenal in recent matches) and CL (as we saw as recently as this week)

6 finals, no goals

Messi scored 32 goals in finals, Ronaldo 30, Neymar 21, Romario 19, Drogba 10 goals and 10 trophies.

The greats, and even the very goods, decide big football matches. He has time, but it’s a massive failing if he doesn’t eventually add that to his game.

He has very much been the flat track bully on roids for City so far.

He scored twice in the DFB Pokal final against Leipzig in 2021 and bullied Bayern through his time there as well.

Battered Partey, threw a ball at Gabriel’s head for the equaliser, and asked “who the feck are you” to the Arsenal youth kid who came on who was giving it back to him.

Normally hate this robot but he was on form tonight

He was good today, the problem was City trying to pass the ball about too much and not being more direct. His goal was very good.

I was surprised they didn’t go in for Toney this summer. When they were chasing the game today they could have had him up next to Haaland and it’d of given them a different outlet / option to try.
They never cross the ball so Toney would be useless. De Bruyne aside. They had Haaland there with his height in the second half and every perfect crossing opportunity they pass it to the side.

I was surprised they didn’t go in for Toney this summer. When they were chasing the game today they could have had him up next to Haaland and it’d of given them a different outlet / option to try.
Not really in their profile of signings — they’ve rarely sign players over the age of 27 over the past five or so years and when they do the fees tend to be quite moderate — around the 20m mark.

Toney would’ve probably been similar to what Brentford actually managed to get for him

He scored twice in the DFB Pokal final against Leipzig in 2021 and bullied Bayern through his time there as well.

Yeah, I had actually remembered that Pokal, but again, the argument is that he doesn’t do it enough, not that he doesn’t do it all. He did it today, albeit not a decisive goal.

He did it today, and he did it (albeit against Leipzig) in a Pokal final, but it’s still not a record that befits his reputation as the best goal scorer in the world.

He needs those big moments in big games to be considered truly elite and I think that mentality in big games is something that separates the true greats from the rest.

I rate him so much for pelting the ball at Gabriel's head after the equalizer. Top player, extremely unfortunate he plays for shitty.

Battered Partey, threw a ball at Gabriel’s head for the equaliser, and asked “who the feck are you” to the Arsenal youth kid who came on who was giving it back to him.

Normally hate this robot but he was on form tonight

He probably should have been sent off (two yellows) but it was very funny.

Haaland has had a dip in form towards the end of the seasons, because Peps been starting him in almost every match. Hence the underperformance in those big games (finals, semi-finals).

His goal ratio in CL (1.03 goals per game) is better than any other player in the 70 year history of the competition. That proves he's got no problem scoring on the biggest scene.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_top_scorers