Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

@Annahnomoss

The structure

Personal Info
Career Stats
Style of Play
Information

is a good one, but I'd argue it's a suggestion and not a rule. Much of the ready made material isn't laid out that way and it's up to each to try retrofit or not.

@Annahnomoss

The structure

Personal Info
Career Stats
Style of Play
Information

is a good one, but I'd argue it's a suggestion and not a rule. Much of the ready made material isn't laid out that way and it's up to each to try retrofit or not.

Yeah of course. As far as people can! We can edit it in after as well.

I'm pretty sure Gladbach had a thread a while back. Again, list the players you will do with a year or tourno next to them. With the Russians above I would think 1960 is roughly the year for the set as that's when they start coming to the fore.

Sure. I'll probably use some of Annah descriptions as a blueprint as it looks really good.

How about a youngster draft? Haven't done that for ages.

A draft with only modern players would be nice, dont think we had one in last 2 years....

I support a modern player draft.

I think with the last two GOAT heavy drafts modern and young is the way to go for the next one

Have an idea, not sure if its the right time for it as it would again be all-time pool but its something different so maybe people bite...
Im sure im not the only one that is getting sick of teams full of GOATs, people pairing 3 or 4 main offensive players where you just "have" to vote for them because of the pure share of individual quality.
In this draft everyone would get one GOAT and the job is not to make the best team quality wise but to build the best team around that player with players he didnt played with. Similar to physio idea where we didnt build for quality but for the best remake team, this time around we would build for best tactical fits rather then for player qualities. Committee would make sure all 16 goats are interesting enough to build around, they wouldnt be necessarily 16 best players but every one of them would be a great player with a decent amount of footage.

Have an idea, not sure if its the right time for it as it would again be all-time pool but its something different so maybe people bite...
Im sure im not the only one that is getting sick of teams full of GOATs, people pairing 3 or 4 main offensive players where you just "have" to vote for them because of the pure share of individual quality.
In this draft everyone would get one GOAT and the job is not to make the best team quality wise but to build the best team around that player with players he didnt played with. Similar to physio idea where we didnt build for quality but for the best remake team, this time around we would build for best tactical fits rather then for player qualities. Committee would make sure all 16 goats are interesting enough to build around, they wouldnt be necessarily 16 best players but every one of them would be a great player with a decent amount of footage.

That sounds great.

Good idea. Need to create a blocked players list though, not just "never played together"

Could also think of some other board game and integrate it with the draft...
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Good idea.

Or being forcibly saddled with Blokhin for 40m :lol:

Think it's a great draft idea to be honest. Auction draft(Ban all who finished South American players of the year and Ballon D'or top 3 lists so there are no goats) - 200m budget. Every round someone bids on PM for a player, then when all bids are in - they get randomized. :D

Just curious, what was the opinion on my Messi vs Ronaldo draft?

You can do this with Modern Players and/or Reserve/Reserve only to refresh the pool too.

Or a more fun Messi/Ronaldo homage draft. Everyone must build a team can get the best of BOTH Messi or Ronaldo.

At the beginning of every round, the mod will randomly pick half managers who need to play Messi and other half who get to play Ronaldo. It will be a head to head between Messi vs Ronaldo managers. So better build a team that can adapt to both players.

Same continues for other rounds till the final Messi vs Ronaldo head to head finals will decide the Draft GOAT of Modern Era!

@antohan @Edgar Allan Pillow didnt really give to much thinking before i posted but im open to suggestion if people decide to play it.
As you get the first player from the committee we can block player/s in the first round....

Players born after 1960 is one of the criteria I'd like to see.

Just curious, what was the opinion on my Messi vs Ronaldo draft?

You can do this with Modern Players and/or Reserve/Reserve only to refresh the pool too.

Don't you think it would be boring to have 15 games with 15 times the same debates about these 2 players?

sounds great, I'm in.

Might be interesting to see people build a more or less realistic side around a GOAT. You'd need pretty heavy blocking, though. Can't have a bunch of GOATish sidekicks.

Force the managers to assemble something like a realistic pre-galactico era club team around the GOAT.

You could block all the World Player of Year and Ballon D'or winners apart from the GOAT amongst others

You could block all the World Player of Year and Ballon D'or winners apart from the GOAT
You can block the South American player of the year as well and set a birth date north of 1 Jan 1940. Think that pretty much take cares of all goats.

You can block the South American player of the year as well and set a birth date north of 1 Jan 1940. Think that pretty much take cares of all goats.

Good call on SA Players but there's lots of good footage for some older players than that who'd be fun to build a team around

Might be interesting to see people build a more or less realistic side around a GOAT. You'd need pretty heavy blocking, though. Can't have a bunch of GOATish sidekicks.

Force the managers to assemble something like a realistic pre-galactico era club team around the GOAT.

i thought it would be better to give people a chance to pick GOATs, higher chance they feck up :)

Doesn't really matter as GOAT-laden sides still have a high possibly of attracting a good volume of votes.

That - plus it will be hard to argue, with any conviction, against a GOAT laden side. After all, the likelihood of a bunch of GOATs beating a flawlessly composed bunch of ordinary players is pretty high.

You can instruct people to vote for the best design, as it were, and ignore individual quality - but you can't enforce it. The old problem.

ok, we will create some sort of block list + one block round.

Doesn't really matter as GOAT-laden sides still have a high possibly of attracting a good volume of votes.
not only that. A GOAT is much more complete footballer, take Gullit, Cruyff, Eusebio for example - they can play all over the frontline, even Pele has 2 incarnations which can be used as a SS/9 and an AM. GOAT's are not only vote magnet but also give you a lot of room and flexibility for positional options.

ok, we will create some sort of block list + one block round.
Yeah.

1) All Balon d'Or top 3 places (wiki has a list) plus SA player of the year awards to be blocked except for 1st pick.

2) Decade restrictions. Teams must feature 3 players born after 1980 and Not more than 2 players per decade from any other decade (by DoB)

3) Not more than 4 players from any continent (PoB)

Throw them all together in an Ultimate Restriction Draft.

Yeah.

1) All Balon d'Or top 3 places (wiki has a list) plus SA player of the year awards to be blocked except for 1st pick.

2) Decade restrictions. Teams must feature 3 players born after 1980 and Not more than 2 players per decade from any other decade (by DoB)

This sounds very good.

Yeah.

Good suggestions.

I just want to see teams with a limit of 3-4 GOATS maximum.

Good suggestions.

I just want to see teams with a limit of 3-4 GOATS maximum.
Perhaps have a GOAT pool, for maybe two or three rounds, but keep them toward the end of the selection process, so people already have the crux of their teams built, and will have to pick a GOAT to properly compliment their teams, as opposed to taking the best name available.

Perhaps have a GOAT pool, for maybe two or three rounds, but keep them toward the end of the selection process, so people already have the crux of their teams built, and will have to pick a GOAT to properly compliment their teams, as opposed to taking the best name available.

Probably a better idea so the GOAT picked matches the team instead of just being a shiny name to build around.