NBA 2015-2016

Blazers with a precious win at Staples, now win at Moda Center on Friday and it's done :drool: Really didn't think it was possible only a week ago when they went 2-0 behind after Game 2.

Has there been a bigger steal in the league than Harkless this season BTW? He's been in great form for the best of two months now and Portland got him for top-55 protected 2020 second round pick!

Luke Walton given permission to speak with Lakers.
Would love it if we get him. Young, promising coach and knows the organization.

I just hope we get a top 2 draft pick this year; Simmons and Ingram look a tier above the rest so far, I'd love to draft Ingram, or Simmons if we get Durant.

Would love it if we get him. Young, promising coach and knows the organization.

I just hope we get a top 2 draft pick this year; Simmons and Ingram look a tier above the rest so far, I'd love to draft Ingram, or Simmons if we get Durant.

Draft below those two is a steep drop off. I'm also unconvinced by Simmons.

Draft below those two is a steep drop off. I'm also unconvinced by Simmons.

His shooting is quite poor, isn't it? Ingram looks a better prospect for me from the limited YouTube videos I've managed to catch.

Buddy Hield is also a decent prospect IMO. He'd be a great fit at Sixers who are missing a shooter although Ingram would be even better for them.

His shooting is quite poor, isn't it? Ingram looks a better prospect for me from the limited YouTube videos I've managed to catch.

Buddy Hield is also a decent prospect IMO. He'd be a great fit at Sixers who are missing a shooter although Ingram would be even better for them.

Yep. Shooting can be improved, though. Depends on the work ethic of the prospect and the patience of the team drafting him. It will be a waste if the Sixers select Simmons, they have not developed any of the talent they have managed to get in the past few years.

I hope whoever picks up Bender has some patience with him. Someone will bite on him high but he has no business going where he is projected.

I expect people to compare him to Porzingis whose numbers in Europe were not very good and he was expected to make little impact in his first season yet was one of the best rookies this season. It doesn't mean Bender has to be good from the start.

Yep. Shooting can be improved, though. Depends on the work ethic of the prospect and the patience of the team drafting him. It will be a waste if the Sixers select Simmons, they have not developed any of the talent they have managed to get in the past few years.

True enough. Doesn't help that they've basically only got centers and one of them has not been fit to make NBA debut for 2 years (shocking). I've been impressed with Okafor's offensive play but he has plenty of work to do on the defensive side and needs to rebound better too to fulfil his potential. Centers who are concentrated purely on scoring do not have much future IMO.

I expect people to compare him to Porzingis whose numbers in Europe were not very good and he was expected to make little impact in his first season yet was one of the best rookies this season. It doesn't mean Bender has to be good from the start.

It's not even his numbers that worry me but he is too eager to help on D in the paint and leaves his man and he isn't good at P&R D, his shooting consistancy will improve but for the moment it is quite poor. He is a great passer and has a good first step though, defending guards won't be something he should do all the time but he can definitely get it done (when he isn't getting too close to them)

All in all, he needs to get stronger and smarter, it'll take a couple years with him but it would just be strange to see him go at 3 and then have Poeltl (who is as NBA ready as anyone else in the draft) fall in place of him.

It's not even his numbers that worry me but he is too eager to help on D in the paint and leaves his man and he isn't good at P&R D, his shooting consistancy will improve but for the moment it is quite poor. He is a great passer and has a good first step though, defending guards won't be something he should do all the time but he can definitely get it done (when he isn't getting too close to them)

All in all, he needs to get stronger and smarter, it'll take a couple years with him but it would just be strange to see him go at 3 and then have Poeltl (who is as NBA ready as anyone else in the draft) fall in place of him.

I've not seen much of Poeltl but I imagine being a center with good shooting will make him a valuable asset to whoever gets him. Boston have Nets' pick that might fall somewhere around the place where Poeltl will go, from the description of his I'd guess that he'd be a good choice for them.

BTW 2015 draft class is incredible really. So much talent there - Towns will almost definitely become an All-Star, Porzingis is one of the most talented stretch fours around, Okafor is a great offensive center and there's so much talent in lower picks too: Booker looks like a top talent at SG and reminds me of Klay Thompson a lot, Stanley Johnson is rough but definitely talented, Winslow could make an impact at Heat quite soon, Mudiay is a talented PG who will be a true star if he develops his shooting further, then you have players like Myles Turner who have exceeded expectations greatly and look like they could be key players for their teams for a while. Not yet sold on D'Angelo Russell to be fair.

I've not seen much of Poeltl but I imagine being a center with good shooting will make him a valuable asset to whoever gets him. Boston have Nets' pick that might fall somewhere around the place where Poeltl will go, from the description of his I'd guess that he'd be a good choice for them.

BTW 2015 draft class is incredible really. So much talent there - Towns will almost definitely become an All-Star, Porzingis is one of the most talented stretch fours around, Okafor is a great offensive center and there's so much talent in lower picks too: Booker looks like a top talent at SG and reminds me of Klay Thompson a lot, Stanley Johnson is rough but definitely talented, Winslow could make an impact at Heat quite soon, Mudiay is a talented PG who will be a true star if he develops his shooting further, then you have players like Myles Turner who have exceeded expectations greatly and look like they could be key players for their teams for a while. Not yet sold on D'Angelo Russell to be fair.

His play and Huertas clowning around were my only reasons to smile this year :lol: Byron Scott put the screws to him early in the season and sat him, mainly because Scott is a moron who can't develop talent.

His play and Huertas clowning around were my only reasons to smile this year :lol: Byron Scott put the screws to him early in the season and sat him, mainly because Scott is a moron who can't develop talent.
Yep he's definitely a talent but this season I reckon Okafor, Porzingis and Towns have all made considerably bigger impact and I'd also say that someone like Booker hasn't been worse than him either.

Yep he's definitely a talent but this season I reckon Okafor, Porzingis and Towns have all made considerably bigger impact and I'd also say that someone like Booker hasn't been worse than him either.

Oh without question, but that speaks more to the second part of the post I quoted, it was just a fantastic rookie class, I think had Russell had better circumstances, as in, been anywhere other than LA this year then he'd have a shot at beating out those mentioned but cest la vie. Long term I like Russell, Clarkson and Randle, if we can get Ingram or Simmons on top of that then I am happy.

For anybody that cares, ESPN's Brian Windhorst is reporting that Steph Curry's injury is not as bad as originally feared and that he may be back sooner than the Warriors were originally predicting.

For anybody that cares, ESPN's Brian Windhorst is reporting that Steph Curry's injury is not as bad as originally feared and that he may be back sooner than the Warriors were originally predicting.
They're likely gonna be against Portland, not a really tough scenario either ways.

The other semi interests me more. Spurs vs Thunder should be a cracking series. Westbrook, KD & co. against that magnificent defense.

Oh without question, but that speaks more to the second part of the post I quoted, it was just a fantastic rookie class, I think had Russell had better circumstances, as in, been anywhere other than LA this year then he'd have a shot at beating out those mentioned but cest la vie. Long term I like Russell, Clarkson and Randle, if we can get Ingram or Simmons on top of that then I am happy.

Yeah I agree. Clarkson looks more like a solid backup for future than a starter but he'll be good if you can sign him on a decent contract. Randle will come good when the team gets better. You have a lot of cap space and there'll be some interesting players in free agency this year, mainly Durant and Horford, so I'd expect Lakers to have a good go at them.

There have been rumours that Blazers are one of 4 favourites to land Howard in the Summer alongside Magic, Bucks and Hornets. I don't want him anywhere near Portland team to be fair, he might be better than Plumlee right now but Plumlee fits the team better and has good chemistry. I'd rather give him additional year to improve, especially after his recent playoff performances, than replace him with probable locker room poison. A bit of a shame that Blazers will have no picks in the draft although the quality of players they could get in early 20s would probably not be good enough to improve the team anyway. They'll have to go hard for a starting power forward and Horford will definitely be a target as Olshey loves him but I doubt they will be able to land him. Vonleh is still some time away from being good enough to start, Aminu is better utilized at SF and Leonard might not even get an extension.

I'm a bit torn for semifinals if it comes to Warriors v Blazers. Blazers are my 1st team with Warriors very close 2nd (I've recently realized that I basically started watching basketball because of Warriors recently) but I realize that Warriors with Curry will have a very good chance to beat Spurs/Thunder in WCF while Blazers would get swept. Blazers could have a shot at Warriors in semis as they've already beaten them this season and without Curry they might struggle to contain Lillard/McCollum backcourt, Warriors are still huge favourites. I reckon I won't be strongly supporting either side, I like both of them a lot and may the best one win. Either way it'll be great - Warriors will have a shot at second consecutive final or Blazers will make it to WCF for the first time since 1977 in a season where they were completely written off at the start. 80% chance that Warriors win.

Nice to see that my Hawks got their shit together in those last two matches.
I don't think we stand a chance against the Cavs, I just hope it won't be a sweep again.

The East really is a joke. Cleveland will probably sweep their way to the finals.

Nice to see that my Hawks got their shit together in those last two matches.
I don't think we stand a chance against the Cavs, I just hope it won't be a sweep again.

Yeah Cavaliers should win comfortably. During regular season I thought they might struggle against better opposition but it seems clear they were half arsed during regular season. I think they'll lose the finals to whoever gets out of West though, be it Spurs or Warriors.

Lakers hire Luke Walton. I'm very excited for this, a step in the right direction and a seemingly good fit.

Raptors epicly bottling this game :lol:
Wasn't even close despite Raptors starting 18-6. It's hilarious how poor DeRozan and Lowry have been in these playoffs. DeRozan went 3-13 yesterday, his free agency value is dropping. Portland have been linked in the past I believe, I don't want him there. McCollum fits the team better as a SG despite poor D and I don't think DeMar is going to be a good SF. Horford is by far the most desirable free agent but a bit on the old side, very expensive and probably would not want to come anyway.

Big up to Austin rivers.

Absolutely no questioning his heart.

He had stitches in two places - 8 altogether. Not sure how much he saw out of that eye...would have been very easy to call it a night.

I like Doc - he has his flaws...but his team very rarely punks out.

Wasn't even close despite Raptors starting 18-6. It's hilarious how poor DeRozan and Lowry have been in these playoffs. DeRozan went 3-13 yesterday, his free agency value is dropping. Portland have been linked in the past I believe, I don't want him there. McCollum fits the team better as a SG despite poor D and I don't think DeMar is going to be a good SF. Horford is by far the most desirable free agent but a bit on the old side, very expensive and probably would not want to come anyway.

He's pushing for a max contract which I'd be very disappointed if the Raps give it. I personally really like DeRozan but wouldn't be averse to letting him go at this point. Its like clockwork every playoff season how he bottles it.

Casey has to get fired if the Raps fail to pass the 1st round yet again.

He's pushing for a max contract which I'd be very disappointed if the Raps give it. I personally really like DeRozan but wouldn't be averse to letting him go at this point. Its like clockwork every playoff season how he bottles it.

Casey has to get fired if the Raps fail to pass the 1st round yet again.

Problem with DeRozan is that his shooting isn't great and his main attribute is drawing foul. I remember him scoring 25 or 26 free throws against Portland and only missing one. At SG you need to be able to shoot though to be consistent threat. He was tried at SF from what I remember but his rebounding is too poor. Personally I'd not take him for max contract at Blazers either but I think Lakers or someone else will pay him that. He's a good player but McCollum fits Blazers better now (though with his contract running out they will have to give him $20m+ and I'm not sure it'll fly).

Last edited:
How many semifinal games will Curry miss? If it's going to be more than four then maybe Blazers have a very small chance.

Lakers hire Luke Walton. I'm very excited for this, a step in the right direction and a seemingly good fit.
In two minds about this one. Sad to see Luke go since he is obviously a very good coach and has a great camaraderie with the team and Steve Kerr. On the other side of the coin, there have been rumors that Coach Kerr may step down because he still has not got over his health issues. However, if these rumors had any truth to them I think Luke, having the inside track, would have stayed to take the Warriors job.

How many semifinal games will Curry miss? If it's going to be more than four then maybe Blazers have a very small chance.
According to ESPN, Curry's injury is not as bad as first thought. I would be surprised if he missed more than four games unless the Warriors have a comfortable lead in the series.
ESPN's Brian Windhorst is reporting that Steph Curry's injury is not as bad as originally feared and that he may be back sooner than the Warriors were originally predicting.