NBA 2015-2016

So another year of mediocrity? Well, shiteness. $60m cap space with Scott in charge.

We might make a play in FA but nothing that is going to get us a title. Demar's been put out there as a possible to come in. Others have us making a run at Durant and Al Horford. All in all I would expect mediocrity, we need to start improving and bringing down the value of our 2017 1st rounder.

And Brooks is off to the Wizards on a five year deal. Really thought he would've preferred to work with Harden again in Houston.

Maybe this could be a factor in Durant going back to Washington this offseason. Path to the Finals is much easier in the East as well.
Durant hasn't said where he would go, but the one place he has ruled out is DC.

He doesn't want to come home :(

How much do the Rockets and specifically Howard hate Harden?....This much

That's the reaction to his game winning shot :lol:

Howard is such a loser. Probably disappointed he has to travel to Oakland one more time.

How much do the Rockets and specifically Howard hate Harden?....This much

That's the reaction to his game winning shot :lol:

That's some team spirit they have.

They are basically the exact opposite of Warriors in every aspect.

Last edited:
Hawks cruising to victory in game 2, Celtics really miss Bradley I guess - especially in defense.

They do, but Smart is a good replacement in terms of defensive ability. Shame he can't shoot for sh*t.

A major problem is Sullinger. He's a lump who's done a rare thing of managing to put on weight during a season despite being a starter. Plus, Crowder's gone cold after he got injured.

They do, but Smart is a good replacement in terms of defensive ability. Shame he can't shoot for sh*t.

A major problem is Sullinger. He's a lump who's done a rare thing of managing to put on weight during a season despite being a starter. Plus, Crowder's gone cold after he got injured.

Smart is still sort of inexperienced though. A guard who doesn't shoot very well is a big disadvantage these days too.

And yeah, I imagine they will definitely get a high profile big in the Summer. Okafor looks the most likely although his defence is very suspect. Noel is better defensively but a poor attacker. They'd probably love Cousins who'd instantly make them a title contender but Kings won't let him go. Horford will be in free agency and he's pretty great but not sure at 30 it's worth locking him to a $20m+ salary contract for 4 years, besides Hawks will probably give him a better deal than anyone else and also with 5 years instead of 4. Whiteside will also be available through FA, ditto Howard (though he doesn't seem to care anymore).

Cracking performance from McCollum, Lillard and especially Plumlee and Portland pull one back. Still a very, very long shot to win the series (I'd not give Blazers more than 10% chance) but nevertheless a good playoff win for a young side.

Wtf Raptors. Just when they figured out how to beat the Pacers by having Carroll stick on Paul George like a rash, they throw away game 4 like its a casual end of season warmer.

Soft 2nd/3rd seed as usual, Toronto gonna Toronto.

How serious is the injury? Looked minor to me. Surely they'll get by Houston without him and he'll be right for the Clippers.

It's a knee sprain. Could be minor but there's a real possibility that this is the end of season for him.

Even a mild sprain, he'd be out 7-10 days. Even that would be disastrous for the Warriors.

I know they've handled the Rockets - but, they're shit.

Last edited:
Even a mild sprain, he'd be out 7-10 days. Even that would be disastrous for the Warriors.

I know they've handles the Rockets - but, they're shit.
7-10 days is nothing though, he'd miss the next series game against Rockets and be back for Portland/Clippers. It's only if it's over 2 weeks that will impact him.

7-10 days is nothing though, he'd miss the next series game against Rockets and be back for Portland/Clippers. It's only if it's over 2 weeks that will impact him.
I think he'd miss the first two games against the Clippers as well when he's out for 10 days and they close out the series on Wednesday - next series would probably start Saturday or Sunday if Clippers/Trail Blazers is already over by then.

Maybe they should try to extend their current series as much as possible to a Game 7 so Curry has a bit more time to heal :lol:

I think he'd miss the first two games against the Clippers as well when he's out for 10 days and they close out the series on Wednesday - next series would probably start Saturday or Sunday if Clippers/Trail Blazers is already over by then.

Maybe they should try to extend their current series as much as possible to a Game 7 so Curry has a bit more time to heal :lol:

Blazers are playing Clippers tonight in Game 4 with series at 2-1 to Clippers. If Clippers win tonight they will have a game on Wednesday where they can make it 4-1 and Warriors play Rockets on the same day.

If Blazers win tonight then the series won't end until Friday at very least.

So basically 2 games maximum and it'll be home games. I think Curry will be out for longer though.

Blazers are playing Clippers tonight in Game 4 with series at 2-1 to Clippers. If Clippers win tonight they will have a game on Wednesday where they can make it 4-1 and Warriors play Rockets on the same day.

If Blazers win tonight then the series won't end until Friday at very least.

So basically 2 games maximum and it'll be home games. I think Curry will be out for longer though.
Yeah, me too. I think they could handle the Clippers or Blazers without him but they really need him back against San Antonio, maybe even against OKC should they shock the Spurs.

Yeah, me too. I think they could handle the Clippers or Blazers without him but they really need him back against San Antonio, maybe even against OKC should they shock the Spurs.

Yep, although it will be tight against either without Curry.

Its been a long season for the warriors, they don't want to go 6-7 matches in the second round with Spurs in the conference finals. It's a disaster if he doesn't come back soon.

From Curry's reaction yesterday (the tears) I think he believes that this might be something serious and he could well be done for the year. Hope not, because first of all it would be terrible for Steph but secondly would be a real anticlimax to this memorable season. As good as the Warriors are they're not repeating as champions without him.

From Curry's reaction yesterday (the tears) I think he believes that this might be something serious and he could well be done for the year. Hope not, because first of all it would be terrible for Steph but secondly would be a real anticlimax to this memorable season. As good as the Warriors are they're not repeating as champions without him.

I think they might still win it without Curry but it'll be much harder. In Thompson and Green they still have two All-Stars, add Bogut, Barnes, Iguodala and it's still a top 5 line up in the league.

I think they might still win it without Curry but it'll be much harder. In Thompson and Green they still have two All-Stars, add Bogut, Barnes, Iguodala and it's still a top 5 line up in the league.

We have very little sample size on the Warriors sans Curry. The Warriors aren't the same without the insane pull Curry's presence creates on the floor. Klay isn't as efficient shooting 3s, and Draymond isn't as devastating on the PnR, without Curry on the court.

Their defense is still elite without him, and the bench unit is excellent at keeping/extending leads so they are still contenders. But now I would fancy the Spurs against them.

Absolutely no chance.

It's not just the 30 points - it's the space he creates for everyone else. Will they win games...definitely. But, beat an elite team 4 times in a 7 game series without Curry? No chance.

No way GSW could win without Curry. Think both Spurs and Thunder would beat them, probably the Clippers too. Until there is an official update or anything though I expect him to be fit in time to face the Clippers. Houston is trash, no need to rush him back for them.

We have very little sample size on the Warriors sans Curry. The Warriors aren't the same without the insane pull Curry's presence creates on the floor. Klay isn't as efficient shooting 3s, and Draymond isn't as devastating on the PnR, without Curry on the court.

Their defense is still elite without him, and the bench unit is excellent at keeping/extending leads so they are still contenders. But now I would fancy the Spurs against them.

Yeah of course I wouldn't have them as favourites without Curry. It's possible that they could compete even with Spurs but they'd be unlikely to win the title as either Spurs or Cavaliers would probably beat them over 7 games.

I recall Hawks game at Oracle Arena when Curry got sidelined just before the game. They barely won against a Hawks team that was out of form at the time. They'd need both Thompson and Green to be at their absolute best to stand any chance.

Absolutely no chance.

It's not just the 30 points - it's the space he creates for everyone else. Will they win games...definitely. But, beat an elite team 4 times in a 7 game series without Curry? No chance.

Wouldn't say no chance. Much less likely (they're almost nailed on to win the title with him IMO) but not completely out of it.

Yeah of course I wouldn't have them as favourites without Curry. It's possible that they could compete even with Spurs but they'd be unlikely to win the title as either Spurs or Cavaliers would probably beat them over 7 games.

I recall Hawks game at Oracle Arena when Curry got sidelined just before the game. They barely won against a Hawks team that was out of form at the time. They'd need both Thompson and Green to be at their absolute best to stand any chance.
The Dubs are an awfully deep team. Against Atlanta not only was Curry absent but so was Iguodala and he contributes a great deal on both ends of the floor. Without Curry the Dubs play a much different game (although it was hard to tell in that second half vs the Rockets). They are usually nowhere near as expansive on the offensive end and are much more careful with the basketball. They also tend to lock it down more on defense since they realize that more than likely they're not going to have as many points to play with. I think they can beat the Clippers and even the Thunder. I don't think they can beat the Spurs because it would almost be like trying to beat them at their own game. I think you can outscore San Antonio, I don't think you can beat them in a defensive struggle four times out of seven. If they can somehow get past the Spurs, I think the Cavs (as dysfunctional as they can be) would also be to much for the Warriors.

The Dubs are an awfully deep team. Against Atlanta not only was Curry absent but so was Iguodala and he contributes a great deal on both ends of the floor. Without Curry the Dubs play a much different game (although it was hard to tell in that second half vs the Rockets). They are usually nowhere near as expansive on the offensive end and are much more careful with the basketball. They also tend to lock it down more on defense since they realize that more than likely they're not going to have as many points to play with. I think they can beat the Clippers and even the Thunder. I don't think they can beat the Spurs because it would almost be like trying to beat them at their own game. I think you can outscore San Antonio, I don't think you can beat them in a defensive struggle four times out of seven. If they can somehow get past the Spurs, I think the Cavs (as dysfunctional as they can be) would also be to much for the Warriors.

I tend to agree. Fingers crossed Curry is not out for too long, will be a great shame if record setting team miss out on the title because their best players got injured by slipping.

Yeah the Rockets are useless.

And I hope Curry isn't out for the season. The Warriors deserve a fair shot at competing for a repeat.

Even without Curry I would take Warriors over Cavs and OKC (especially with how sub-par KD has been, with Thunder getting away with it because it's just Mavs so far). But yeah, Spurs would beat Warriors sans Curry in 6 games.

Curry's had the MRI. Grade 1 MCL sprain in right knee. Will be re-evaluated in 2 weeks according to Warriors feed.

Curry's had the MRI. Grade 1 MCL sprain in right knee. Will be re-evaluated in 2 weeks according to Warriors feed.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 6m6 minutes ago
Vertical Sources: Steph Curry's MRI on knee has returned negative, no damage, a Grade 1 sprain. Could miss two weeks

Was just coming in here to post that....Like I said, they've from prohibitive favorites to very unlikely winners for me.

Vertical Sources: Steph Curry's MRI on knee has returned negative, no damage, a Grade 1 sprain. Could miss two weeks

Was just coming in here to post that....Like I said, they've from prohibitive favorites to very unlikely winners for me.

2 weeks is not tragic though. They won't close the series against Rockets until Wednesday which is another two days and I'm hoping Blazers can get at least 6 games out of Clippers series (we shall see tonight really) which means that Warriors wouldn't play the next round until at least next Monday I think. He'd still miss 2-3 games of semis but I don't think Clippers or Blazers will be impossible to beat without Curry.

I'm just hoping Clippers - Blazers goes 7. With a bit of luck and scheduling Steph would only miss the first 2-3 games of the next series. If he is OK at that point, the next issue is getting rid of some of the rust. He definitely looked out of sorts yesterday after only a week out.

2 weeks is not tragic though. They won't close the series against Rockets until Wednesday which is another two days and I'm hoping Blazers can get at least 6 games out of Clippers series (we shall see tonight really) which means that Warriors wouldn't play the next round until at least next Monday I think. He'd still miss 2-3 games of semis but I don't think Clippers or Blazers will be impossible to beat without Curry.

Great minds and all that.