NBA 2015-2016

Steph with 402 3-pointers this season, breaking his own record by well over a 100. Can't see that being broken any time soon. Klay has also overtaken Allen career best and Curry's 12/13 record setting season.

You need some help over this Kobe hate. I don't even like Kobe, but the man shot 44%, scored 60 and led his team to a narrow win, at 37!
Don't think he actually hates Kobe, he's quite reasonable, Kobe has been one of the worst players in the league over the last three years. But tonight has been uneal, didn't think he was capable of something like that anymore.

Steph Curry - got to be the UNANIMOUS mvp.

First member of the 50/40/90/30 club
Second member of the 50/45/90 club (along with Steve Nash)
First player to make 300 3s in a season
First player to make 400 3s in a season
First guard since Michael Jordan in 1992 to average 30 pts/game and shoot 50% from the field
Led the league in pts/game at 30.1
Led the league in free throw percentage at 90.8%
Led the league in steals with 169
Led the league in field goals with 805
Led the league in 3 pointers with 402
Led the league in True Shooting Percentage at 0.669
Led the league in Player Efficiency Rating at 31.5
Led the league in Win Shares at 17.9
One of only 2 players (along with Draymond Green) to have a real plus/minus over 1,000

Last edited:
:p

They're obviously not gonna do much in playoffs though without Bosh.
Tbf, if Atlanta wins their last game against Washington (which they should've), Miami ends up being 6th. 3-6th place were just incredible equal this year in the east.

Now that Kobe has finished with his farewell tour, I'm just waiting for Lebron to announce that he's going to retire in 2021 so that we can 5 seasons of bowing and scraping to his greatness.

....and then at the end of the '21 season have "Decision 8" to tell us he's changed his mind and going back to Miami/Cleveland/any other franchise he can hold hostage.

Last edited:
Playoff brackets are set.

Warriors vs Houston (was hoping Utah made it in)
Spurs vs Grizzlies (i'd rather this team sweep us than anyone else)
OKC vs Mavericks (never write off a team coached by Rick Carlisle)
LAC vs Portland (can go either way)

That is the most Kobe thing ever. Scores 60 points by taking the most shots ever in a single game.

I think you are right, he attempted 50 2pts and 21 3pts, 60pts are the bare minimum.

You need some help over this Kobe hate. I don't even like Kobe, but the man shot 44%, scored 60 and led his team to a narrow win, at 37!

I think you misunderstood me. This game perfectly encapsulates Kobe. Took the most shots ever, because he's a chucker. Also scored a ton of points, because he's a great player.

:p

They're obviously not gonna do much in playoffs though without Bosh.

:lol: To be fair, Roman Bellic did say I was agenda driven to believe that Toronto and Boston could finish ahead of them and that they were clearly a top three team in the east. I would also point out they were 29-24 (.537) with Bosh and 19-10 (.655) without him.

I think you misunderstood me. This game perfectly encapsulates Kobe. Took the most shots ever, because he's a chucker. Also scored a ton of points, because he's a great player.
Got you, fair point. Was also a little messing with you. :p

:lol: To be fair, Roman Bellic did say I was agenda driven to believe that Toronto and Boston could finish ahead of them and that they were clearly a top three team in the east. I would also point out they were 29-24 (.537) with Bosh and 19-10 (.655) without him.
Yeah, but personally I think Bosh's injury didn't help them. It's the chemistry they developed towards the second half of the season (which I predicted and mentioned here earlier in the season) that helped them. They're a group of raw and exciting players that definitely needed time to gel. I will also admit here that they wouldn't have finished third without Joe Johnson (I think you now know all about him if you're still following the Pistons ;) ). Good addition.

I will not let you completely off the hook here though. Chicago guaranteed second?!!!

Tbf, if Atlanta wins their last game against Washington (which they should've), Miami ends up being 6th. 3-6th place were just incredible equal this year in the east.
If we're talking games that should have been won, then Lakers, Orlando and even the last game at Boston! were all games the Heat really should have won. It was a season of ups and downs for everybody, but even without Bosh they fared even better than I expected (after Bosh's illness). They're not going to make any noise in the playoffs though with this group.

Steph Curry - got to be the UNANIMOUS mvp.

First member of the 50/40/90/30 club
Second member of the 50/45/90 club (along with Steve Nash)
First player to make 300 3s in a season
First player to make 400 3s in a season
First guard since Michael Jordan in 1992 to average 30 pts/game and shoot 50% from the field
Led the league in pts/game at 30.1
Led the league in free throw percentage at 90.8%
Led the league in steals with 169
Led the league in field goals with 805
Led the league in 3 pointers with 402
Led the league in True Shooting Percentage at 0.669
Led the league in Player Efficiency Rating at 31.5
Led the league in Win Shares at 17.9
One of only 2 players (along with Draymond Green) to have a real plus/minus over 1,000
Forget everything. The record of 3 pointers in a season was 286. He didn't break it. He SHATTERED it. When have you seen a record (with people going for it for decades) being broken by such a margin? 402! And it's not like he was just chucking threes, he's making more than 45% of them! That's ridiculous. :lol:

By the way, was this the most exciting last day of a regular season in the whole history of the NBA?
I don't know enough about the history of the NBA to speak to that, but really yesterday was a bit of a dead rubber in terms of regular season final days. No play off places on the line, and Warriors blew out the Grizzlies within the 1st quarter so the 73 record was a foregone conclusion. The last 5 minutes of Kobe's swansong was good television, but in terms of excitement it wasn't an epic final day. It was a lot of fun to watch though, for sure.

Forget everything. The record of 3 pointers in a season was 286. He didn't break it. He SHATTERED it. When have you seen a record (with people going for it for decades) being broken by such a margin? 402! And it's not like he was just chucking threes, he's making more than 45% of them! That's ridiculous. :lol:
On the broadcast last night they kept referring to the all time record for the number of threes and a separate category of "all time record for number of threes for anybody not named Curry." Klay Thompson holds the record in the second category - 126 behind Steph.

Last edited:
I don't know enough about the history of the NBA to speak to that, but really yesterday was a bit of a dead rubber in terms of regular season final days. No play off places on the line, and Warriors blew out the Grizzlies within the 1st quarter so the 73 record was a foregone conclusion. The last 5 minutes of Kobe's swansong was good television, but in terms of excitement it wasn't an epic final day. It was a lot of fun to watch though, for sure.
Yes, watching the Warriors breaking the most important record in the regular season, Curry setting multiple new records, Bryant with a the most epic retirement game ever, and on the side 4 teams finishing with the same record in the East where one game could have completely changed the order of all 4 teams, was very boring.

On the broadcast last night they kept referring to the all time record for the number of threes and a separate category of "all time record for number of threes for anybody not named Curry." Klay Thompson holds the record in the second category - 126 behind Steph.
:lol: They have to do that indeed. Or we'll never hear about legends like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen anymore.

Yes, watching the Warriors breaking the most important record in the regular season, Curry setting multiple new records, Bryant with a the most epic retirement game ever, and on the side 4 teams finishing with the same record in the East where one game could have completely changed the order of all 4 teams, was very boring.

:lol: They have to do that indeed. Or we'll never hear about legends like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen anymore.

Don't know if my post merited the smart arse sarcasm, I was just making the point that there was nothing of tangible importance on the line last night, which to me is real excitement. It would be like Ryan Giggs scoring his last goal for United on his final appearance or Arsenal completing their unbeaten Prem season... Very fun, but not the same as seeing a league title or Champions League/relegation fight being settled. Still, carry on mate, next time I won't bother to give a counter view to your your own

Don't know if my post merited the smart arse sarcasm, I was just making the point that there was nothing of tangible importance on the line last night, which to me is real excitement. It would be like Ryan Giggs scoring his last goal for United on his final appearance or Arsenal completing their unbeaten Prem season... Very fun, but not the same as seeing a league title or Champions League/relegation fight being settled. Still, carry on mate, next time I won't bother to give a counter view to your your own
In NBA just about making the playoffs isn't that exciting, as all know they're just making the playoffs to be swept by the number 1 seed. Miami were in a battle to make the playoffs last year, and this year the 3rd seed meant much more to me than them making the playoffs last year (even though it had an additional symbolic value last year as it was the first year after Lebron's departure).

In 20 years time, people will still be talking about this night, where GS broke the record, where Curry made an astonishing achievement, and Bryant with an unbelievable retirement game, but nobody will be talking about Utah and Houston battling it out for the 8th seed in the last day of the regular season.

We've literally witnessed history on the last day this season, and it doesn't happen that often. In the regular season.

Meaningful (historic) wins in the NBA as far as games are concerned pretty much only happen in the playoffs. Comparing the NBA regular season with the football league is inaccurate. Qualifying for the CL or avoiding relegation means much more to football teams than winning the right to embarrass yourself against the number 1 seed in 4 or 5 more games.

Been rewatching the Kobe highlights on a loop now. It's just amazing.
I didn't think he can do that. I don't think anybody did.

Raptors got well beaten by Indiana. Dreadful stuff.

Questionable for game 2. GSW would still sweep the Rockets without him.
It's at home so probably spot on. They need him for the trips to Houston.

Thunder swept Mavericks in a fashion I did not expect them to. Hawks v Celtics predictably close, this series could well go to 6/7.

Mavs are decimated with injuries. Thunder should be ending this in four. Will probably drop one game though.

image_thumb14.png

It's a bit like someone going below 9 seconds in 100m race while everyone else is discussing whether breaking 9.5 is possible at all. Poor Klay Thompson, beating an all-time record only to see it smashed by well over 100 shots by his teammate.

A common question doing the rounds since they broke the record - Warriors 15-16 vs Bulls 95-96?

There's no way in hell this Warriors team can defend against Pippen and Jordan.

I think Yi Jianlian's chair is good enough to stop Rodman. I think Klay is a good defender and so is Curry. Neither of them can stop Pippen and Jordan on their own but the Bulls can't stop the Warriors Death lineup either (Curry - Thompson - Igoudala - Barnes - Green) and Green is a tremendous defender that can guard 1-5.

Is Curry a good defender? Thompson certainly is, but IMO Curry is just 'okay' defensively.

Well, that wasn't even close for Blazers... Clippers focus was on guarding Lillard, in the meantime McCollum had a below par game (he's still not experienced enough to win these game for Portland, this was his first playoff game as a key player really) and frontcourt is nowhere near good enough to contain Jordan and Griffin. I guess they will lose tomorrow as well taking it to 2-0 and then I'm honestly counting on homecourt advantage and fantastic atmosphere at Moda Center carrying them.

Still it's a young team. Plenty of potential in McCollum-Lillard backcourt even though I suspect McCollum might be on the market in the Summer as his trade value will be huge and they could potentially even get someone like Okafor for him. Some potential in the likes of Vonleh, Harkless too, not All-Star material but you don't need all of them to be all stars. They will have shitloads of money to spend in free agency too.

Last edited:
He leads the league in steals and does it without gambling all the time like Westbrook. Curry isn't a lockdown defender but he's an important part of a great defensive team.

Fair point regarding the team defensive structure. I'd still be hesitant to say he's a 'good' defender but that's just my opinion. Maybe an above average-good defender as part of the GSW but individually a below average-average defender.

The West has really dropped a lot over the past 12 months. It looks like the top four seeds will all go through relatively comfortably.

I'd still be hesitant to say he's a 'good' defender but that's just my opinion. Maybe an above average-good defender as part of the GSW but individually a below average-average defender.
Yep, agreed.

Bulls can't stop the Warriors Death lineup either
They have a defensive beast in Rodman and both Pippen and Jordan are incredible on both ends (Jordan was defensive player of the year) , unlike Curry and Klay are. They can guard one of Jordan or Pippen but not both.