NBA 2015-2016

Well, this is annoying from Atlanta's perspective. As a Hawks fan I want them to get that 3rd seed but I also don't want to play against Miami. They seem to have our number and we did way better against Boston and Charlotte. So for this to happen (if we win against Washington ofc which I'm not too confident either) Miami and Charlotte have to lose, not very likely.

If they all end up 48-34 (which I don't think they will but still), Miami gets the 3th seed because they win the Southeast division ahead of Atlanta. Then 4th-6th is decided by:

- Better winning percentage against each other
- Better winning percentage in own division
- Better winning percentage in own conference

I think Atlanta will win in Washington while Boston wins at home against the Heat. This means Atlanta gets 3th seed and the other three are tied (assuming Charlotte wins as well). I don't know their respective H2H records though. Hoping for Boston-Miami or Boston-Atlanta.

I don't get this because Atlanta have a better record against Miami this season.

How come Miami clinch the division if they have the same winning pct?

I don't get this because Atlanta have a better record against Miami this season.

How come Miami clinch the division if they have the same winning pct?
I'm guessing better divisional record since that's all I can think of now that would make sense, but don't know for sure.

In the suggested scenario where Charlotte also win Miami will finish 6th. Head to head between Boston, Charlotte and Miami are 5-1 for Boston, 3-4 for Charlotte and 2-5 for Miami. Atlanta will be 3rd as division winner and meet Miami in the first round.
I'm coming around to your way of thinking. I think if it's straight head to head between Charlotte and Miami, Miami gets the nod through Division record (since their head to head is tied), but if three teams finish tied (Boston, Charlotte and Miami) Charlotte gets 5th over Miami through their better record against Boston (assuming Miami loses tonight). :confused:

Last edited:
Ah. Injuries suck.

I'm opting for Kobe's last hurrah over watching the Warriors steamrolling us enroute to a massive record-breaking-celebrating circlejerk
Same here. Kobe's last game is a once in a lifetime, I'm sure I'll see the record broken again. The Warriors' achievement is over the course of this whole season, and I've witnessed it more than enough. Guess you could say the same about Kobe though since our season has basically been one huge farewell tour for him, but still.

I'm coming around to your way of thinking. I think if it's straight head to head between Charlotte and Miami, Miami gets the nod through Division record (since their head to head is tied), but if three teams finish tied (Boston, Charlotte and Miami) Charlotte gets 5th over Miami through their better record against Boston (assuming Miami loses tonight). :confused:
Exactly.

Same here. Kobe's last game is a once in a lifetime, I'm sure I'll see the record broken again. The Warriors' achievement is over the course of this whole season, and I've witnessed it more than enough. Guess you could say the same about Kobe though since our season has basically been one huge farewell tour for him, but still.

I'm not sure you'll see the record broken in the next 40 years. 73-9 is ridiculous.

I'm not sure you'll see the record broken in the next 40 years. 73-9 is ridiculous.
Almost everyone deemed the 72-10 record to be one for the ages until last year but it's highly likely it's going to be broken tonight after 'only' twenty years. It might take 20 years again, it might even take 40 years yes, but I think I'll see it broken again - or at least witness a team which will have a legitimate shot at breaking it because if you really think about it, 73-9 is pretty ridiculous yeah!

Almost everyone deemed the 72-10 record to be one for the ages until last year but it's highly likely it's going to be broken tonight after 'only' twenty years. It might take 20 years again, it might even take 40 years yes, but I think I'll see it broken again - or at least witness a team which will have a legitimate shot at breaking it because if you really think about it, 73-9 is pretty ridiculous yeah!

I think the key part here was first 24 wins, they started to believe in the record then. Hard to believe they were 24-0, then 48-4, 68-7 but still struggled towards the end. Twice during season they've lost 2 in space of 3 games (Boston and Minnesota recently, Denver and Detroit before).

They've lost to Denver, Detroit, San Antonio, Boston, Minnesota, Portland, Dallas, Los Angeles and Milwaukee. Only San Antonio are title contenders and 4 of these teams (Denver, Los Angeles, Milwaukee and Minnesota) are not even in playoffs.

I think the key part here was first 24 wins, they started to believe in the record then. Hard to believe they were 24-0, then 48-4, 68-7 but still struggled towards the end.
I think there was a little burnout/tiredness towards the end, but they got a bit of a second wind when it started to look like they might actually not make it.

I think there was a little burnout/tiredness towards the end, but they got a bit of a second wind when it started to look like they might actually not make it.
Yep, it looked nailed on before Boston game when they were at 68-7 but two unexpected losses and it actually looked very tough with two San Antonio games upcoming. Shame about those two Oracle Arena losses as they'd have broken another record.

Yep, it looked nailed on before Boston game when they were at 68-7 but two unexpected losses and it actually looked very tough with two San Antonio games upcoming. Shame about those two Oracle Arena losses as they'd have broken another record.
Yeah, I think 73-9 will last a while (if they make it) but 75-7 may never have been broken under the current format.

NBA on Facebook are doing an awesome job with all these Kobe videos today. Afro Kobe was just :drool::drool::drool:

Yeah, I think 73-9 will last a while (if they make it) but 75-7 may never have been broken under the current format.
Yep, pretty sure no one is going to have 6 losses in season. Minnesota could have actually used a loss against Warriors as it'd have given them a better shot at high pick in draft. Surprised about late Phoenix surge, I'd have thought they wanted a high pick and they were close to Lakers at one point in awfulness.

Minnesota are an interesting side. With Towns and Wiggins they seem to have long term core sorted out. LaVine looks a good prospect too even if maybe a bit below the other two. They need another backcourt player and power forward and they could be contenders in a few years. I wonder how long they will keep Towns and Wiggins though, next 4-5 years will be easy but then it may get tricky.

Lots of rumors in recent weeks about Portland shopping McCollum in the Summer. They won't have draft pick (traded for Afflalo last season, lotto protected) and will not be a great prospect in free agency even if they do move for the likes of Durant and Horford (Olshey moves for everyone), they won't get them. McCollum and Lillard are too similar and both poor defenders and McCollum will likely get a max deal at around $20m from someone next year so it might be good time to move him. He could be an All-Star at PG for someone else.

Minnesota are an interesting side. With Towns and Wiggins they seem to have long term core sorted out. LaVine looks a good prospect too even if maybe a bit below the other two. They need another backcourt player and power forward and they could be contenders in a few years. I wonder how long they will keep Towns and Wiggins though, next 4-5 years will be easy but then it may get tricky.
There was some talk a couple of months ago that if the Dubs make a run at Durant and choose to let Harrison Barnes walk then Minnesota could be a likely destination.
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2016/...rrison-barnes-should-be-top-offseason-target/
To be honest, even if they don't try for Durant I think it could upset team chemistry if they pay Barnes what he is asking for (he's supposedly already turned down 16 million/yr) since this would more than likely make him the highest paid player on the team. Even with the "love in" between the players the Dubs like to project (I do think a lot of it is sincere btw) I think this could really bring some jealousy to the fore as far as the other team members are concerned. It's all about the Benjamins so they say.

There was some talk a couple of months ago that if the Dubs make a run at Durant and choose to let Harrison Barnes walk then Minnesota could be a likely destination.
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2016/...rrison-barnes-should-be-top-offseason-target/
To be honest, even if they don't try for Durant I think it could upset team chemistry if they pay Barnes what he is asking for (he's supposedly already turned down 16 million/yr) since this would more than likely make him the highest paid player on the team. Even with the "love in" between the players the Dubs like to project (I do think a lot of it is sincere btw) I think this could really bring some jealousy to the fore as far as the other team members are concerned. It's all about the Benjamins so they say.

Isn't Barnes better at small forward though? He's played there for Golden State for majority of time. I don't think they should be giving him a max contract, Curry will be due a new deal next year and you'll want to give him a significant amount too. Personally I don't rate Barnes that highly, he's a good player but ultimately he won't fall into the All-Star bracket. He's from the same draft year as Davis and Lillard, isn't he?

....and Draymond Green. Barnes is the starting small forward but he'll sometimes come off the bench to play as back up power forward although he is a little on the small side to do that. Where Minnesota could use him though is as a perimeter presence. Like most on the Warriors he takes and makes a fair number of threes and the Wolves are next to last in threes attempted and threes made.

Haven't watched NBA in a while, but that's a great way for Kobe to bow out!! A true legend.

Kobe :drool: Can't describe how much I love that man. Supporting the Lakers since '06 but it will be very weird without him next year. The future is bright though.

That is the most Kobe thing ever. Scores 60 points by taking the most shots ever in a single game.
You need some help over this Kobe hate. I don't even like Kobe, but the man shot 44%, scored 60 and led his team to a narrow win, at 37!