NBA 2015-2016

I think their reasoning is that winning the ring won't be as memorable as beating Bulls record. 20 years from now people will still remember 73-9 or 74-8 or 75-7 as it will likely still be the record to beat.
I just think this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and the players have earned the right to chase history.

Obviously the championship is the bigger deal and more so because they have a chance to go back to back...but, the best record in NBA history?

You can't run away from that.

I think their reasoning is that winning the ring won't be as memorable as beating Bulls record. 20 years from now people will still remember 73-9 or 74-8 or 75-7 as it will likely still be the record to beat.
I understand their reasoning but I would hate to see them run into a "we believe" Rockets or a "we believe" Jazz or irony of ironies a "we believe" Mavericks in the first round.

I understand their reasoning but I would hate to see them run into a "we believe" Rockets or a "we believe" Jazz or irony of ironies a "we believe" Mavericks in the first round.
I reckon they have too much quality for any team that will be 8th seed in the conference.

Anyway, Blazers have a good chance to move within 1 win off Grizzlies tonight if they beat Celtics. Would make huge difference to play Clippers instead of Thunder.

Kobe was able to recover from a some what similar situation involving Shaq. Russell just needs to perform on the court.

Exactly, it is fecking ridiculous the lengths some are going to suggest that he will never recover from this. I never wanted Nick Young at the Lakers to begin with so I was dancing when he finally got what was coming to him and that this will likely lead to him being traded/released at the end of the year.

One more player that we can keep ... Huertas ... :drool:

Warriors have had some very lucky escapes the last couple of months. If you look at the 95/96 Bulls and see that they lost their last three games by one point, the record is decided by details really. But of course if you beat it over the course of a whole season, it's deserved.

Exactly, it is fecking ridiculous the lengths some are going to suggest that he will never recover from this. I never wanted Nick Young at the Lakers to begin with so I was dancing when he finally got what was coming to him and that this will likely lead to him being traded/released at the end of the year.

One more player that we can keep ... Huertas ... :drool:

Some making a big deal that Randle wasn't as enthusiastic with Russell as he was with Clarkson after the win yesterday.

Talking of the win, see Huertas hide behind Spoelstra?

Warriors have had some very lucky escapes the last couple of months. If you look at the 95/96 Bulls and see that they lost their last three games by one point, the record is decided by details really. But of course if you beat it over the course of a whole season, it's deserved.
If you keep doing something over and over again are you lucky or just good?

From Warriorsworld.net

Crazy Warriors Stat of the Week:
Golden State is 27-2 in games within five points at any point in the final five minutes, outscoring opponents by an astonishing 46.7 points per 100 possessions in those situations.

Since this is from 3 days ago, they are now 29-2.

Maybe it was lucky after all. Just not tonight.

Celtics very good defensively and sank some big shots when the Warriors made runs.

I've been harping on this...but, warriors were disgusting in terms of turnovers...8 turnovers in the 1st quarter alone.

22 turnovers overall with 9 for Curry.

Not sure what's
1f62e.png
worthy there.

Celtics very good defensively and sank some big shots when the Warriors made runs.

I've been harping on this...but, warriors were disgusting in terms of turnovers...8 turnovers in the 1st quarter alone.

22 turnovers overall with 9 for Curry.
I actually think that's where they miss Iguodala. Sometimes the Warriors get ahead of themselves and want to try the complicated when often straightforward is good enough. I think Iggy with his experience calms them down a bit when they get a little too exuberant.

I also wonder sometimes if Steve Kerr indulges them too much. I know he wants to keep them loose and also not rock the boat and to his credit he does go on about their turnovers. I just think, as the coach, occasionally you've just got to lay down the law and mean it.

I actually think that's where they miss Iguodala. Sometimes the Warriors get ahead of themselves and want to try the complicated when often straightforward is good enough. I think Iggy with his experience calms them down a bit when they get a little too exuberant.

I also wonder sometimes if Steve Kerr indulges them too much. I know he wants to keep them loose and also not rock the boat and to his credit he does go on about their turnovers. I just think, as the coach, occasionally you've just got to lay down the law and mean it.
Think with the turnovers he mitigates it by saying...they're the right kind of turnovers...trying to find the open man.

But, to me...a significant number are simply trying to be too flashy and careless. Curry is particular does this.

Tbf to the Warriors despite doing so much wrong, they still had chances to pull this off, so I don't want to go over the top with the criticism :lol:

But, if the Spurs can survive the early rounds, I really think they will push the Warriors all the way.

That's not an if. The Spurs are too talented and experienced to not go to the Conference Finals. Maybe OKC would provide a decent series because their energetic style of play but even then the Spurs would outlast them easily in a 7-game series.

I'm disappointes the Warriors lost last night. I think they'll match the record right now.

That's not an if. The Spurs are too talented and experienced to not go to the Conference Finals. Maybe OKC would provide a decent series because their energetic style of play but even then the Spurs would outlast them easily in a 7-game series.

I'm disappointes the Warriors lost last night. I think they'll match the record right now.

I think they will maybe lose one more (in San Antonio).

Lovely win for Blazers last night, one game behind Grizzlies now. Playing Warriors in Oakland tonight which is going to be nigh on impossible but even with a loss here I'll still have hopes for 5th.

Warriors seemed to be back on track last night limiting their turnovers and hitting their 3s. I think Curry is really gunning for 400 now.

On another note the playoff race is really hotting up especially in the West.

The Playoff Push Out West
Team Record Remaining Games
5. Grizzlies 41-36 CHI, @dal, GSW, @LAC, @GSW
6. Blazers 41-37 @SAC, OKC, MIN, DEN
7. Mavericks 39-38 HOU, MEM, @LAC, @UTA, SAS
8. Jazz 39-38 SAS, LAC, @DEN, DAL, @LAL
9. Rockets 38-39 @dal, PHX, LAL, @MIN, SAC

Even though the Grizzlies are currently in 5th they have by far the toughest schedule left. I think at the moment it really could be any 4 from 5.

In the East I think the Wizards are really out of it and it's any 2 from 3 (although you've really got to favor the Pistons and the Pacers).

The Playoff Push Back East
7. Pacers 41-36 CLE, @Tor, BKN, NYK, @MIL
8. Pistons 41-36 @MIA, @ORL, WAS, MIA, @CLE
9. Bulls 39-38 @MEM, @MIA, CLE, @NOP, PHI
10. Wizards 37-40 BKN, @DET, CHA, @BKN, ATL

Warriors seemed to be back on track last night limiting their turnovers and hitting their 3s. I think Curry is really gunning for 400 now.

On another note the playoff race is really hotting up especially in the West.

The Playoff Push Out West
5. Grizzlies 41-36 CHI, @dal, GSW, @LAC, @GSW
6. Blazers 41-37 @SAC, OKC, MIN, DEN
7. Mavericks 39-38 HOU, MEM, @LAC, @UTA, SAS
8. Jazz 39-38 SAS, LAC, @DEN, DAL, @LAL
9. Rockets 38-39 @dal, PHX, LAL, @MIN, SAC

Even though the Grizzlies are currently in 5th they have by far the toughest schedule left. I think at the moment it really could be any 4 from 5.

In the East I think the Wizards are really out of it and it's any 2 from 3 (although you've really got to favor the Pistons and the Pacers).

The Playoff Push Back East
7. Pacers 41-36 CLE, @Tor, BKN, NYK, @MIL
8. Pistons 41-36 @MIA, @ORL, WAS, MIA, @CLE
9. Bulls 39-38 @MEM, @MIA, CLE, @NOP, PHI
10. Wizards 37-40 BKN, @DET, CHA, @BKN, ATL

I think East is done and it'd take a miracle for Bulls to come back into it. In West I expect Blazers to make 5th, Grizzlies to come 6th then I fully expect Jazz to make it and between Mavericks and Rockets I honestly don't know.

Grizzlies are going to be a very easy match up for someone

Starters out for the rest of the season-

Gasol
Chalmers
Conley

along with a 6 game losing streak, 2-8 their last 10.

Grizzlies are going to be a very easy match up for someone

Starters out for the rest of the season-

Gasol
Chalmers
Conley

along with a 6 game losing streak, 2-8 their last 10.

feck you too.

But yeah, we've been cursed with injuries. We've had 28 active players on the roster this season. 28!!

The draft this year is a wash, so I'm OK with us losing every game from here on out, even if we lost a pick (we owe Denver one if we don't make the playoffs). Not worth the quick sweep by any team but LAC.

feck you too.

But yeah, we've been cursed with injuries. We've had 28 active players on the roster this season. 28!!

The draft this year is a wash, so I'm OK with us losing every game from here on out, even if we lost a pick (we owe Denver one if we don't make the playoffs). Not worth the quick sweep by any team but LAC.
at least you'll make the playoffs (just about)...

I'm a Wizards fan :(

Holy crap are we actually going to beat Warriors in their own building

Refs tried to rob the T-Wolves. But, Wiggins and Towns too good.

Warriors lose again at home - 20+ turnovers and Curry was horrible.

Last edited:
Feck yes Wolves! Towns was great, and Wiggins came alive in the 4th quarter/OT, brilliant stuff. And Muhammad with 35, wtf lol. Helps when Curry goes 7-25, but Towns on him worked a lot better than I'd have expected.

Refs tried to rob the T-Wolves. But, Wiggins and Townes too good.

Warriors lose again at home - 20+ turnovers and Curry was horrible.

The overturned charge call? Yeah I was fecking fuming, thought we were going to lose it from there.

The overturned charge call? Yeah I was fecking fuming, thought we were going to lose it from there.

Yup.

His feet were set and he was outside the restricted area, but he clearly leaned over with his left shoulder. It was never ever a charge, and certainly not one you can overturn...50/50 at best.

Didn't expect that. Be very touch-and-go now as to if they can claim the record.

Need to win 4 out of 4 with two matchups against the Spurs coming up... They'll tie it at best.

Would be a disaster if they put in all the energy to beating the record and then fall just short and don't have the energy to get through what is going to be a very tough Western conference in the playoffs.

It'd be great if the Spurs beat them twice and end up with arguably the more impressive record of the season (what with the undefeated home stands)

It'd be great if the Spurs beat them twice and end up with arguably the more impressive record of the season (what with the undefeated home stands)

It would be, but I'm sure Pop will settle for 2nd and focus on rest.

It would be, but I'm sure Pop will settle for 2nd and focus on rest.
Didn't expect that. Will be interesting to see what Pop does now. When the games meant nothing I think he would have sat a number of his players. If the Spurs can now win out it means the Dubs will have to beat Memphis home AND away just to get the number one seed.

Either way, the Warriors at the moment are vulnerable and it's not out unreasonable to think there may be a "We Believe" somebody on the horizon in that 1st round.

I think a burned out Warriors with Curry shooting badly could still withstand either Rockets or Jazz. Mavs might make things interesting though, like a couple years back when Spurs needed 7 games to beat them in the first round.

Didn't expect that. Will be interesting to see what Pop does now. When the games meant nothing I think he would have sat a number of his players. If the Spurs can now win out it means the Dubs will have to beat Memphis home AND away just to get the number one seed.

Either way, the Warriors at the moment are vulnerable and it's not out unreasonable to think there may be a "We Believe" somebody on the horizon in that 1st round.

Unless Warriors lose all remaining games, they will be 1st seed anyway.

Unless Warriors lose all remaining games, they will be 1st seed anyway.
If Spurs win all remaining games (5) they will have 70 wins and a 3-1 season advantage over the Dubs. If the Warriors only beat Memphis once that gives them 70 wins also but an inferior head to head against the Spurs.

Playoff Tie-Break Procedures (from NBA.com)

The following outlines the NBA's playoff tie-break rules and procedures based on the final regular season standings:

Tiebreaker Basis
(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage) Both 70
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division Both Division Winners
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage Spurs 3-1
(3) Division won-lost percentage
(4) Conference won-lost percentage
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(6) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(7) Net Points, all games

Last edited: