NBA 2015-2016

So at 60-6 now it'd take a miracle for Warriors to not at least equal Bulls' record and even break it. I reckon they will end up 73-9 or 74-8 (will definitely lose to Spurs at least once IMO).

So at 60-6 now it'd take a miracle for Warriors to not at least equal Bulls' record and even break it. I reckon they will end up 73-9 or 74-8 (will definitely lose to Spurs at least once IMO).
This is still too close to call IMHO. I think a lot will depend on whether the Spurs believe they still have a legitimate shot at home court advantage throughout the playoffs by the time they play the Warriors (twice) in the last week of the season. If they do, 72-10 (or better) is still up in the air. If not, Pop has made it clear on more than one occasion he believes in resting his players to get them ready for the playoffs and if that happens San Antonio may just go through the motions in those games and the Warriors should probably make it.

This weekend's back-to-back games will be tough. I can't see them beating the Spurs on their home floor, their record for consecutive home wins is almost identical to the Warriors'.

I reckon Spurs weekend game will be their 7th loss but fully expect them to win the two games before to make it 62-6 before then. If Spurs catch them it will be with 72-10 record I think which would require them to be perfect.

I reckon Spurs weekend game will be their 7th loss but fully expect them to win the two games before to make it 62-6 before then. If Spurs catch them it will be with 72-10 record I think which would require them to be perfect.
The trouble is that the Dubs are just so unpredictable when it comes to games you think they should struggle in versus those you think they should win going away. Against teams with a win percentage of 0.55% or better they are 22-0, yet they also managed to lose to the Lakers, Bucks and Nuggets who are a combined 71-130 (a combined winning percentage of 0.35%).

As a recent example of this in their last two road games against OKC and the Lakers I thought they'd go 1-1 - well they did but lost the one I thought they'd win and won the one I thought they'd lose.

The trouble is that the Dubs are just so unpredictable when it comes to games you think they should struggle in versus those you think they should win going away. Against teams with a win percentage of 0.55% or better they are 22-0, yet they also managed to lose to the Lakers, Bucks and Nuggets who are a combined 71-130 (a combined winning percentage of 0.35%).

As a recent example of this in their back to back road games against OKC and the Lakers I thought they'd go 1-1 - well they did but lost the one I thought they'd win and won the one I thought they'd lose.

Yep, you are probably right. They were down by 10 to Suns the other day and generally struggle when they lose focus. The best teams they have lost to were Pistons who I believe were below .500 at the time.

The closer to the record they are the more focused they will be though IMO.

Don't think they'll break the record...but they will at least 70 wins.

I know others are stepping up, but the loss of Iggie for 2 weeks is going to be huge.

Don't think they'll break the record...but they will at least 70 wins.

I know others are stepping up, but the loss of Iggie for 2 weeks is going to be huge.

He's their premium defensive stopper off the bench.

The Warriors want the record, but I see them prioritizing their impending playoff stretch more, so they'll probably let their foot off the gas a bit, especially if SA beats them in the upcoming matchups.

I just think they've become a bit lackadaisical...the number of sloppy turnovers they have at times is incredible. Just stupid careless turnovers - obviously being that much better than 90% of the teams, it hasn't come back to bite them in the ass yet.

Offensively, Mo Buckets and Shaun Livingstone are playing really well atm, but Harrison Barnes still hasn't found his groove post comeback.

On a separate thought...any other season and we talk about the Spurs and their incredible record, but the Dubs are making them an afterthought atm.

Steph. Wow, just wow. I guess this will be another 4th quarter he won't play.

march madness!!!!!!
Never been a huge fan of college basketball, although having said that I do go to the occasional game.

To be honest, for me it's like watching non-league football in England.

You suck and your opinions are terrible.
Not sure how to respond to that really. I suppose the best way is to explain why I've never been a fan of college sports in general. Since I grew up in England, where anything other than intramural sports in college is essentially non existent, I've always looked at anything other than pro sports as being somewhat lower level since if you're a good athlete as a teenager in England you become a pro as opposed to going to college. In addition, people in the US tend to pull for their alma mater and since I didn't go to school there I'm somewhat of an outsider and thus don't really have a team. As I said earlier, I do go to the occasional college basketball game and pull for the home team but it's only rarely that they make the NCAA tournament, so once again I'm usually on the outside looking in.

I wasn't really dissing college basketball per se since March madness is obviously very popular, its just generally not for me for the above reasons.

Last edited:
I was joking.
I thought you might have been but the rationale about not being able to get into college sports for me is still true. If I really feel strongly about a team there are times where I almost can't watch I get so nervous about the outcome. At the end of a game, for instance, if United are winning I can't sit still and just want the game to be over. The adrenaline is flowing and if I'm actually at the game the atmosphere can be electric. To be honest, that's one of the things Van Gaal has taken away from me during his tenure. I've gone from being a nervous wreck to somebody that at times almost couldn't care less. United are now so poor that the wins and losses (results in general) almost don't matter. It's hard to get on the edge of your seat over finishing 6th versus 7th or 8th. That's why over the last few years the Warriors have been a godsend for me. The closest football analogy I can give is that for me they play basketball like 60s United played football. Curry, Thompson and Green are Best, Law and Charlton. It was always the thought with United back then that if the other team scored three, United would get four or if they scored four, United would get five and so on. That's how this current iteration of the Warriors seem to me to play. There is almost a joy to how they play basketball - they just want to run and gun and have fun and just score more than the other guys. The Spurs, for instance, are a great basketball team, but their style has just never appealed to me. They are massively efficient and Tim Duncan is an all time great but it's almost (for me) a sterile approach to playing the game. I love to be entertained and also have the fear of God put into to me at the end of the game during "crunch time." The Warriors and United (until recently) have always been able to do that for me. College sports on the other hand never has.

Last edited:
tbf to the Spurs - they've been a good side to watch the last couple of seasons, completely unselfish, great passing and everyone truly buying into the team concept. Their 3 point shooting has taken a real dip recently, which has harmed some of the fluidity...but this is from their championship season 1.5 years ago....

Good article on nba.com about Kerr saying he might rest some players later on. Especially this one: "life as the hunted, as opposed to the fun bunch trying to put a postseason run together, is kicking in". Very true but I still hope they get the record.

Rumours about the Zen Master coaching the home games for the Knicks next season as well. Would love it if that happens :cool:

Anyone give the Spurs a chance against Golden State? Got blown out last time but with the Warriors on a back-to-back and the Spurs probably wanting to keep their home record going I think it will be close. Think the Warriors will edge it though.

Anyone give the Spurs a chance against Golden State? Got blown out last time but with the Warriors on a back-to-back and the Spurs probably wanting to keep their home record going I think it will be close. Think the Warriors will edge it though.

They definitely have a chance...but, if things don't go their way, Pop won't kill his players to drag them back in the game.

Mavs stuck around till the 5 min mark in the 4th, before the Warriors ran away with it.

Last edited:
Will be tough for Golden State. They have not won in regular season in San Antonio since 1997.

Curry struggling with his shot and now declining open looks.Danny Green and Co. have bodied him up like crazy, almost like the playoffs...refs are letting some physical play go.

GS just about hanging on - they miss Bogut on the defensive end.

San Antonio with 33 straight regular season wins at home against the Warriors.

33 :lol:

Curry choked big time tonight - they were short handed and playing back to back...Spurs dominated on the boards and got a lot of 2nd and 3rd chance points.

But, none of that takes away from Curry going 1-12 from deep.

Didn't see the game, but Spurs went physical on Curry by the sound of it? I'm surprised more teams haven't pushed the line and played D on him like that. Or maybe they have and I just haven't noticed

Didn't see the game, but Spurs went physical on Curry by the sound of it? I'm surprised more teams haven't pushed the line and played D on him like that. Or maybe they have and I just haven't noticed
Well to be fair to the Warriors they were missing Bogut and Iggy who are both a big part of how they play. Maybe they were the difference. But lets not take anything away from the Spurs. They are the Barcelona of basketball.

Despite San Antonio winning this actually makes me more convinced that Golden State will win in the playoffs. Curry shot 4-18, Bogut and Igoudala didn't play and they almost won on the road.

Yup, it's not all doom and gloom for them...how many games like that will Steph and Klay have in a 7 game series?

It's almost unfair how much better both of these teams are compared to the rest of the league.

They were physical and played tough - Spurs are the best team in the league defensively...but, Steph missed a lot of open looks tonight. Shots you simply don't expect him to miss.

But the real difference was the 2nd chance points - Spurs pounded the boards against the little guys and that won them the game.