NBA 2015-2016

Well that was disappointing. Can't say I'm too surprised though. 33 and counting.

Well it's back to a 4 game lead but the Warriors were awful. I think Curry is tiring somewhat. He needs to get some of that home cooking back at Oracle.

Well it's back to a 4 game lead but the Warriors were awful. I think Curry is tiring somewhat. He needs to get some of that home cooking back at Oracle.

They looked horrendous besides that short burst at the end of the third, and patches of the fourth.

Team shooting 50% from the FT line for 3 quarters doesn't help, but the bench came up big tonight.

I think hunting the record could wear them down to an extent where they'll struggle in playoffs. They should be resting some players now, record might go but they'll have a better shot at the ring.

Hasn't he rested a huge amount of 4th qtrs this season? Can't see why he would be tiring. Maybe the mental fatigue of having to be the best player in the league and chasing the record could be a burden, but I'm not sure.

Hasn't he rested a huge amount of 4th qtrs this season? Can't see why he would be tiring. Maybe the mental fatigue of having to be the best player in the league and chasing the record could be a burden, but I'm not sure.

Exactly.

I think hunting the record could wear them down to an extent where they'll struggle in playoffs. They should be resting some players now, record might go but they'll have a better shot at the ring.
The Warriors now play eight of the next nine at home. Iggy, Bogut and Ezeli have all had some enforced time off, in fact Festus (and possibly Iggy) will actually need playing time to get some of the rustiness off them. After the Clippers game (next) it will be the perfect opportunity to give Curry, Thompson and Green some staggered time off. If they are really pushing for the record, maybe bring them back for the road game at Utah and then rest them again until the home game with San Antonio.

The Warriors now play eight of the next nine at home. Iggy, Bogut and Ezeli have all had some enforced time off, in fact Festus (and possibly Iggy) will actually need playing time to get some of the rustiness off them. After the Clippers game (next) it will be the perfect opportunity to give Curry, Thompson and Green some staggered time off. If they are really pushing for the record, maybe bring them back for the road game at Utah and then rest them again until the home game with San Antonio.

Trouble is they often struggle without their stars and the minute it looks like they will struggle either way because it's clear that they are too tired to carry on.

It might also be the pressure. They can only lose 2 games of the remaining 12 and they want this record too much. Clippers and Mavericks in the next two games will not be pushovers either.

Trouble is they often struggle without their stars and the minute it looks like they will struggle either way because it's clear that they are too tired to carry on.

It might also be the pressure. They can only lose 2 games of the remaining 12 and they want this record too much. Clippers and Mavericks in the next two games will not be pushovers either.
Personally, I think resting them (even on a staggered basis) is a risk they are going to have to take if they want to make a run at the record AND win a title. Believe me, Pop will do his best to have the Spurs well rested.

What I do think is interesting is that in the same way that LVG was claiming credit for Liverpool losing a lead at Southampton because of tiredness after playing United, Kerr could possibly say the same about the Spurs blowing a 20 point lead at Charlotte after playing the Dubs. This time of the year, the mental and physical fatigue just starts to get to you.

Last edited:
Curry doesn't need a break due to physical fatigue - he hasn't played the a minute in the 4th quarter of 18 games this season.

This season, James Harden has averaged the most minutes played per game - 37.70

These are the Warriors -

Green - 34.40 (69 games)
Curry - 33.90 (67 games)
Thompson - 32.90 (68 games)
Barnes - 30.20 (54 games)
Iguodala - 26.80 (60 games)
Bogut - 20.80 (60 games)
Livingston - 19.10 (67 games)

you get the idea....

for comparative purposes, this is the rest of the league - have a look at the minutes some of the other superstars are pulling on a nightly basis http://www.sportingcharts.com/nba/stats/player-minutes-per-game-leaders/2015/

Mentally, of course chasing this record and having every team playing them at their best on a nightly basis is a different issue. We saw some of that, when Draymond had his outburst a few weeks ago.

64-7, quite comfortable win against Clippers. Playoff race looking incredibly tight in the West, basically all of Portland, Dallas, Utah and Houston are in danger of missing out but eventually only 1 of them will not go. Considering they'll all have a good record I don't think they'll be in for a high draft pick anyway so probably best to fully focus on the target.

Pistons v Bulls race in the East will also be exciting until the end. Pacers look set to finish 7th but I imagine they'll still have a decent change against Raptors as East is quite even unlike West where you can see Spurs and Warriors destroying teams in early rounds.

West first round is going to be boring as feck, semis and cf final should be ace tho. East first round is going to be brilliant, every matchup bar the Cavaliers one should be really competitive.

I still remember that Boston-Bulls series from 2009, one of the best series I've witnessed live - Rose and Noah were awesome and the Bulls forced a Game 7 after triple OT :drool: I hated them back then, still do know but they've got a nice future ahead of them with their upcoming draft picks and current prospects.

Everything in the East between 3th and 6th can still change a lot though, with them all having the same number of losses. Atlanta are definitely on the rise at the moment and have the best defence in the league since the All-Star break or something like that iirc. It's just a shame that the WCF will actually be the title decider this year.

Well the Raptors look like they're a shoe-in for that second seed, so I hope the Bulls don't finish 7th. That would be another 1st round sweep just like last season and the Wizards :rolleyes:

Well the Raptors look like they're a shoe-in for that second seed, so I hope the Bulls don't finish 7th. That would be another 1st round sweep just like last season and the Wizards :rolleyes:

I think Raptors could do well this time. They've got a great team spirit and I love DeRozan & Lowry combo. I'm cheering for them in the East and Trail Blazers in West, I've adopted both as my NBA teams but have Portland slightly higher in my likeability index. It's 60% Portland 40% Toronto that I'm cheering for.

I think Raptors could do well this time. They've got a great team spirit and I love DeRozan & Lowry combo. I'm cheering for them in the East and Trail Blazers in West, I've adopted both as my NBA teams but have Portland slightly higher in my likeability index. It's 60% Portland 40% Toronto that I'm cheering for.

I thought the same thing last year - "this was our year", and then we got swept by a 37 year old Paul Pierce and the Wizards in the 1st round. The year before that he knocked us out with the feckin Nets.

Essentially, the Raps are a great regular season team who inevitably crumble in the play-off season. Pretty much the Arsenal of the NBA.

What's wrong with the Raptors? The Cavaliers are begging them to take the 1st seed and they just don't seem to want it.

They marginally lost to an unpredictable Rockets team and then beat a depleted Pelicans team. I would not read too much into either score.

66-7, don't think they will lose it from here. Maybe 1 or 2 more losses for them, worst case scenario, and it'd take a disaste, they will end 72-10 with 3 defeats in remaining 9 (don't see where they could come from).

76ers have become slightly more competitive. Still not a good side by any means but not as terrible as they were at the beginning of season. They have good assets for trade in one or even two from Noel, Embiid and Okafor as three of the most promising bigs in the league. I don't get why they drafted both Embiid and Okafor though as it's not workable to develop all. Probably something to do with the fact both looked the best available prospects at the time.

Just had a brief look at Porzingis highlights from Bulls game. I wonder how those Knicks fans who booed him feel now. Hope he leaves them eventually.

66-7, don't think they will lose it from here. Maybe 1 or 2 more losses for them, worst case scenario, and it'd take a disaste, they will end 72-10 with 3 defeats in remaining 9 (don't see where they could come from).

76ers have become slightly more competitive. Still not a good side by any means but not as terrible as they were at the beginning of season. They have good assets for trade in one or even two from Noel, Embiid and Okafor as three of the most promising bigs in the league. I don't get why they drafted both Embiid and Okafor though as it's not workable to develop all. Probably something to do with the fact both looked the best available prospects at the time.

Just had a brief look at Porzingis highlights from Bulls game. I wonder how those Knicks fans who booed him feel now. Hope he leaves them eventually.

Dubs have 7 losses....Sixers have 9 wins :lol:

Embiid is going to be another Greg Oden - career ruined by injury.

You can't blame the Knicks fans....at best Porzingis was meant to play 7-8 minutes a game this season. Slowly build season and maybe start to show himself the following season. The Knicks have been a loser for a long time, and with Melo getting older by the minute they wanted a more NBA ready player...not another player with incredible potential and upside.

He won the fans over a long time ago with his play and they are firmly on his side now.

Curry badly needs a rest. His offensive numbers across the board are down for the entire month of March. He is even starting to miss his free throws. With Pop resting his starters that puts pressure on Steve Kerr to do the same. His fallback has always been that he wants to get the number 1 overall seed but the way things are going that could be sown up with 4-5 games to go. Then what? I can see the Spurs coming into the playoffs fresh and ready to go and the Warriors knackered after achieving their 73+ win goal. It's also not going to be that easy for Kerr to rest his players even if he wanted to. Draymond Green has already said he wants to keep playing and both Thompson and Curry have both said they want to go for the record. If Kerr pulls any of them and they don't make it to 73 I can see a lot of hard feelings there. He may be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Curry badly needs a rest. His offensive numbers across the board are down for the entire month of March. He is even starting to miss his free throws. With Pop resting his starters that puts pressure on Steve Kerr to do the same. His fallback has always been that he wants to get the number 1 overall seed but the way things are going that could be sown up with 4-5 games to go. Then what? I can see the Spurs coming into the playoffs fresh and ready to go and the Warriors knackered after achieving their 73+ win goal. It's also not going to be that easy for Kerr to rest his players even if he wanted to. Draymond Green has already said he wants to keep playing and both Thompson and Curry have both said they want to go for the record. If Kerr pulls any of them and they don't make it to 73 I can see a lot of hard feelings there. He may be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Yeah best case scenario they will have two games off before the playoffs if they win the next 7 and secure the record but even then they will probably go for a better record so that the record does not get beaten in the future.

Dubs have 7 losses....Sixers have 9 wins :lol:

Embiid is going to be another Greg Oden - career ruined by injury.

You can't blame the Knicks fans....at best Porzingis was meant to play 7-8 minutes a game this season. Slowly build season and maybe start to show himself the following season. The Knicks have been a loser for a long time, and with Melo getting older by the minute they wanted a more NBA ready player...not another player with incredible potential and upside.

He won the fans over a long time ago with his play and they are firmly on his side now.

Just looked incredibly harsh for me to boo a new player at the draft. I have only followed NBA since recently but it doesn't happen that often, does it?

I don't know where this perception that Golden State players are being run into the ground comes from. Steph Curry is 37th in minutes per game and Klay Thompson is 45th. Lowry, DeRozan, Lillard, Durant, James, Griffin, Westbrook and Jordan all play more minutes than these guys.

I don't know where this perception that Golden State players are being run into the ground comes from. Steph Curry is 37th in minutes per game and Klay Thompson is 45th. Lowry, DeRozan, Lillard, Durant, James, Griffin, Westbrook and Jordan all play more minutes than these guys.
I don't think it's physical by any means. Like Steve Kerr said last week, he believes that Curry is mentally tired. I think the whole squad is feeling it. Curry, for instance, has gone from being one of many great players in the NBA to almost being its face in the space of 12 months. There are an awful lot of outside commitments that go along with that apart from basketball. In addition, the team has been chasing (still is) the 1995-96 Bulls for a good part of the season and that I think this puts tremendous pressure on the squad as a whole. I'm not saying that a lot of this pressure is not of their own making but either way it's there nevertheless.

Last edited:
Just looked incredibly harsh for me to boo a new player at the draft. I have only followed NBA since recently but it doesn't happen that often, does it?
Knicks fans have history...Iman Shumpert got booed a 4/5 years ago.

Bobcats fans booed Cody Zeller.

It's not very common, but not exactly unheard of...of course you now have people acting out to get attention.

If Curry wants to be the best then he has to handle the mental pressure anyway. The fatigue thing will be a cop out if they for some reason don't win it. He is perfectly fine.

Reggie Jackson :lol:

James has been to 5 NBA finals in a row, compared to that I doubt anyone else has the excuse of being mentally/physically tired.

My quick little thing about the story that is sadly dominating the NBA right now. Let me focus on the basketball aspect of it. Obviously Russell messed up but, if anyone on the Lakers right now does not want to play with Russell can get traded, released, bought out, etc in the off season. Really the Lakers are terrible and only Russell, Randle, Clarkson and maybe Nance Jr should have any future with the Lakers. And based on his performance this Nick Young should not be in the NBA any longer. And if everyone in the league hates Russell for the rest of his career it does not matter much. If he turns into a Harden type playmaker/sharpshooter combo people expected him to be coming out of Ohio State(and his production this season is similar to what Harden's was i his rookie season) players will get over it. For a lot of his career many hated Kobe, Dwight Howard is not well liked by his peers, many players do not seem to like Blake Griffin and going back in the past Rick Barry was not liked by his peers. But, if Russell can produce on the court all this will be on the backburner.

There's a difference between not liking someone for personality reasons, and not being able to trust someone you spend months out of the year with from getting into your personal business. And to what end?

There's a difference between not liking someone for personality reasons, and not being able to trust someone you spend months out of the year with from getting into your personal business. And to what end?

Kobe was able to recover from a some what similar situation involving Shaq. Russell just needs to perform on the court.

Think the Jazz are going to beat the Warriors tonight. Warriors were up by 10...then went down by 10, only to claw back within a point. And then Curry took a couple of really ill advised shots, and the Jazz now lead by 8 with 8 minutes left to play.

Another thing - the Warriors have stopped playing D in the last month or so. They've kept winning obviously...but they are so lackadaisical in D it's unbelievable.

So of course, after I call them out for not playing D - the Warriors play great D in the last 5 minutes of regulation and in overtime :lol:

That's a pretty big win tbf.

So of course, after I call them out for not playing D - the Warriors play great D in the last 5 minutes of regulation and in overtime :lol:

That's a pretty big win tbf.
Glad they won and all that but I bet Pop is laughing is ass off with them going into overtime. Not sure how smart chasing 73 is but I suppose they feel they can do anything at the moment.

I think the defense will pick up tremendously when Iguodala gets back.

Glad they won and all that but I bet Pop is laughing is ass off with them going into overtime. Not sure how smart chasing 73 is but I suppose they feel they can do anything at the moment.

I think the defense will pick up tremendously when Iguodala gets back.

I think their reasoning is that winning the ring won't be as memorable as beating Bulls record. 20 years from now people will still remember 73-9 or 74-8 or 75-7 as it will likely still be the record to beat.