Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

TAA has given the ball away so many times. But people will rave about the accuracy of his passing.

Carsley needs to drop Harry Kane to start a new era.
I agree but who replaces him?
Watkins? Toney? Solanke?
We aren’t really blessed with top tier centre forwards, but nobody really is any more, it’s a dying art.
Also it will never happen.

Makes sense. Wan-Bissaka might be in with a chance too.
Under a different manager I think so, Carsley (at least from previous jobs) tends to favor more attacking options. It'll be hard for Wan Bissaka if James stays fit. I'd say right now he's probably behind Trent, James and Lewis in the picking order but at least Trippier and probably Walker are out of the wya.

Think he's about 5 ft 5
Damn. I’m seven inches taller than him. That is very short.
Under a different manager I think so, Carsley (at least from previous jobs) tends to favor more attacking options. It'll be hard for Wan Bissaka if James stays fit. I'd say right now he's probably behind Trent, James and Lewis in the picking order but at least Trippier and probably Walker are out of the wya.
He’s a left-back. Can he also play well on the right?

giphy.gif

Damn. I’m seven inches taller than him. That is very short.

He’s a left-back. Can he also play well on the right?
Lewis is a right back. Rico Lewis not Lewis Hall. He's currently benching Walker at City, plus Carsley is a big part of his development and loves him.

There is no way he is 1.68m.. He looks tiny.
The average height of a pro footballer is probably around 5'11 or so even "tiny" players like Bernardo Silva or Messi are like 5'8. So Gomes is probably around half a foot shorter than most.

Oof. Looking at the Germany squad / lineup just really hit me with the reality of Müller's, Neuer's, and Kroos' retirement. Especially Müller's. It feels very very wrong. Why must the passage of time be so cruel?

Bet he's better at football though.
That is true.
Lewis is a right back. Rico Lewis not Lewis Hall. He's currently benching Walker at City, plus Carsley is a big part of his development and loves him.
What the feck. I thought Rico Lewis was a left-back. I thought he was backup to Cancelo back in 2022. Although I remember seeing a post describing him as the next Philip Lahm.

Oof. Looking at the Germany squad / lineup just really hit me with the reality of Müller's, Neuer's, and Kroos' retirement. Especially Müller's. It feels very very wrong. Why must the passage of time be so cruel?
Exactly. They were the last remaining players from when you won the World Cup in 2014. Someone born in the 90s being that age doesn’t seem right. Me being born in 1999 and being fecking 25 is scary. In five months time, I’ll be 26! Twenty fecking six!

Exactly. They were the last remaining players from when you won the World Cup in 2014. Someone born in the 90s being that age doesn’t seem right. Me being born in 1999 and being fecking 25 is scary. In five months time, I’ll be 26! Twenty fecking six!
Sorry but being more than twice as old as you is scary

Why isn’t Walker playing?
He's played zero minutes this season. Carsley in his first press conference said that one of the reasons this specific squad was picked was the fact that they've all played minutes for their clubs since the start of the season