Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

His short distance passing and link up play is honestly top tier stuff. Has some things to learn and develop in other areas but the crisp and silky short passing comes so natural to him.

Yes and his first touch is good as well.

I wouldn't go that far but after watching Southgate stifle them for best part of a decade its nice to see the players trying to play with less shackles.
It's Ireland. We are really really bad. You just never learn.

Surely any young defender who’s got a bit of strength and pace would be better than Coleman?

Yeah, but he plays GAA on a Saturday and trains twice in the evenings midweek.

We might do but we lose any experience. We're not spoiled for choice in any regard.

God these lot are terrible. Ireland that is

Where are they playing this? Is it Croke Park or the Aviva Stadium? I think it’s the latter because I saw the architecture behind the left-hand goal.

Trent thinks he’s Pirlo and it’s so annoying.

Trent trying his best to get himself dropped again there.

Surely any young defender who’s got a bit of strength and pace would be better than Coleman?

Festy Ebosele is gone on loan to Watford.

Now that he's in the championship and not Serie A, he might get a look in.

Yeah, but he plays GAA on a Saturday and trains twice in the evenings midweek.

We might do but we lose any experience. We're not spoiled for choice in any regard.

I hear you. It’s just, to me, Coleman looks absolutely done physically. You lose his experience but you gain physicality and speed. I’m not well versed in Ireland’s production line in football, so I’m just speaking in general terms.

I hear you. It’s just, to me, Coleman looks absolutely done physically. You lose his experience but you gain physicality and speed. I’m not well versed in Ireland’s production line in football, so I’m just speaking in general terms.

You're 100% right, but nations like ours do cling to the few proper footballers they produce, often with a detrimental effect. That said, if there was one name either of us could think of to replace him, he'd be replaced.

Nah it's true. Both of those things played a part in our capitulation against Bournemouth.

You're 100% right, but nations like ours do cling to the few proper footballers they produce, often with a detrimental effect. That said, if there was one name either of us could think of to replace him, he'd be replaced.
It’s the same with us in Scotland.

Reactions: moses

Yeah true. The football set up in Ireland must not be quite up to scratch then. I look at Denmark, a nation with a similar sized population, and they do the clinging onto old prominent players thing to an extent too but they don’t seem to have the same problems producing more players.

Yeah true. The football set up in Ireland must not be quite up to scratch then. I look at Denmark, a nation with a similar sized population, and they do the clinging onto old prominent players thing to an extent too but they don’t seem to have the same problems producing more players.

No, it's shocking. We complain about it with tedious regularity over in the Republic of Ireland thread.