Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

“Trent” has delusions of grandeur. WTF is he doing on the LW whilst Mainoo is tracking back covering him at RB?

Most overrated player in world football.

Ireland predictably just hacking players down at any opportunity. Ref's not been harsh enough.

“Trent” has delusions of grandeur. WTF is he doing on the LW whilst Mainoo is tracking back covering him at RB?

There’s a meme saying that he’s a better right-back than Reece James because he has more assists. Even though a right-back, as a defender, is primarily supposed to defend.

The media feeds the narrative that he's great. He's good going forward but absolutely rubbish at everything else. How anyone thinks he's world class or one of the best RBs in football I don't know.

Is there no var in this game?
Because Kane non pen should have been checked and colwill went down in the area claiming some sort of throat thing but nothing checked?

It’s definitly a more attacking line up with out and out wingers and Grealish behind. Full backs getting forward as well.

I wouldn’t say the fullbacks have been any more attacking than they were under Southgate. If anything, they’ve played more of a supporting role, while Saka and Gordon have maintained the width, with Grealish and Rice drifting wide to create overloads.

Impressive stuff from England so far. I’ve enjoyed this.

They're back...on the score sheet.

I think he had the most touches of anyone on the pitch? Didn't do anything spectacular, granted. But who did.
Quiet? He's made the most touches and passes on the pitch.

Yeah, he's been quiet but tidy on the ball. It's not like he's running the game, or dictating the tempo, loads of touches and simple passes. He's probably not going to have an easier game this sesson.

England haven't played great here but Carsley playing proper attacking football.

What's the new manager learning with Kane upfront in this game?

TAA should be taking every free kick and corner,he is that much better at it than anyone at the moment.

I think people are going to lose their mind over Angel Gomes if he gets a decent run out.

The type of player who will look like a magician compared to most players here.

Nothing, he's a charlatan.

Absolutely, he could be the one to bring it all home.
I wouldn't go that far but after watching Southgate stifle them for best part of a decade its nice to see the players trying to play with less shackles.