Nations League 24/25 | September Internationals (Matchday 1-2)

At least he celebrated

Really great start from England, could be 4 up. I don't know if it's the level of opposition but it's been much better than what Gareth was serving up.

It's an interesting how often we have gotten Gordon on the ball in dangerous positions, I think their could be a way back for Rashford if this is the way they're gonna play.

I’m not a fan of Colwill at LB. He’s 10x better at CB. His passing is always quality though.

Really great start from England, could be 4 up. I don't know if it's the level of opposition but it's been much better than what Gareth was serving up.
Gareth never got to manage on the second tier of the Nations League.

Mainoo very effective in midfield. Some excellent passing.

It's an interesting how often we have gotten Gordon on the ball in dangerous positions, I think their could be a way back for Rashford if this is the way they're gonna play.

We’ve played worse teams than Ireland tbh and the football has been awful in some of those games. This is nice and refreshing how watch them carve apart of a parked bus.

His short distance passing and link up play is honestly top tier stuff. Has some things to learn and develop in other areas but the crisp and silky short passing comes so natural to him.

Nice start but (without being unnecessarily doom and gloom) we usually seem to breeze through these no-mark comps and then shit ourselves when things get real.

Clear pen, no? I know it broke to Gordon, but on it's own merit, that tackle was a pen

His short distance passing and link up play is honestly top tier stuff. Has some things to learn and develop in other areas but the crisp and silky short passing comes so natural to him.
Think he'd look brilliant in a team with quick incisive passers.

Nice start but (without being unnecessarily doom and gloom) we usually seem to breeze through these no-mark comps and then shit ourselves when things get real.
You literally got relegated in this comp the last time...

Carsley will play better football than Gareth.

Time for Kane to be replaced though I think.

I always thought you were Irish? Ye prick. :lol:

I’ve noticed that Carsley is utilizing him as the deepest midfielder, often tasked with receiving the ball from the back line and initiating play, while Rice operates in a more advanced role.

So far, he’s completed the most passes in the game (48). At United, this is typically Casemiro’s responsibility, but he simply doesn’t have the quality to fulfill that role effectively.

You literally got relegated in this comp the last time...
Did we?! I really didn't pay attention, clearly! We do have a habit of flattering to deceive via friendlies and qualification though.

The Irish really have a chip on their shoulder about Grealish :lol:

Yes that is only Ireland but this is a really good start for Carsley.

The combo Southgate + Carsley would have been interesting at the Euros.

It’s definitly a more attacking line up with out and out wingers and Grealish behind. Full backs getting forward as well.

Mainoo gets a yellow on 12 minutes and yet 2 Irish rugby tackles get nothing since

Watching Harry Kane trying to out manoeuvre Seamus Coleman in 2024 feels like something you should only be allowed to witness at Soccer Aid match

The last 18 months to 2 years in particular under Southgate the football was especially grim.

This has been miles better to watch.