Naby Keita

Only Liverpool fans could think he was better than Pogba :lol:. Most deluded fans on the planet.

It's fecking outrageous he was ever mentioned in the same breath as Pogba, it's seriously boardering on criminal
People overhype players all the time. Fred was supposed to be amazing as well.

Some players either take a while to adapt or simply don’t. Keita might fall into the latter.

Don’t think he was a disaster tonight but his decision making is horrendous. Picks the wrong option every time.

Some players either take a while to adapt or simply don’t. Keita might fall into the latter.

Don’t think he was a disaster tonight but his decision making is horrendous. Picks the wrong option every time.

No one said Fred was better than de Bruyne did they.

:lol::lol::lol:

No he wasn't. The story going around was that we only got him because City wanted him, and most people hadn't even heard of Fred until 6 months before we signed him. He played in the Ukranian league for god's sake, how was he going to get any hype behind him?

No one said Fred was better than de Bruyne did they.
I’ve seen one Tweet from a random on Twitter suggesting Keita would be better than Pogba.

It’s important to remember as well that Keita was a good player for Leipzig and Pogba was a bit all over the shop under Mourinho.

Some of you wanted him sold at one point.

No he wasn't. The story going around was that we only got him because City wanted him, and most people hadn't even heard of Fred until 6 months before we signed him. He played in the Ukranian league for god's sake, how was he going to get any hype behind him?
Players signed for that sort of money always get hype around them, regardless of where they’ve been signed from.

I’ve seen one Tweet from a random on Twitter suggesting Keita would be better than Pogba.

It’s important to remember as well that Keita was a good player for Leipzig and Pogba was a bit all over the shop under Mourinho.

Some of you wanted him sold at one point.

It's also important to remember that Keita has never got close to what Pogba was doing at Juventus. Keita has never been, and never will even be close to Pogba.

Players signed for that sort of money always get hype around them, regardless of where they’ve been signed from.

Right so you're comparing the hype that comes from any signing for United compared to a player that has been rated long before signing for Liverpool.

Right so you're comparing the hype that comes from any signing for United compared to a player that has been rated long before signing for Liverpool.
Keita’s hype came from how good he was in Germany. What else can you use to judge a player and base expectations on?
It's also important to remember that Keita has never got close to what Pogba was doing at Juventus. Keita has never been, and never will even be close to Pogba.
Of course not which is why a large majority of Liverpool fans didn’t suggest that Keita would be better than Pogba.

Keita’s hype came from how good he was in Germany. What else can you use to judge a player and base expectations on?

Of course not which is why a large majority of Liverpool fans didn’t suggest that Keita would be better than Pogba.

They certainly tried to push the idea that he was up there. He is nowhere near.

Erm...you're the one that tried to create a parallel in hype levels between Fred and Keita. Which is simply not true. Keita came with much higher expectations and has been average at best.

Keita was only playing well in Germany for a season or so.
When Liverpool bought him he fell away and Liverpool fans claimed it was because his head was turned but it really does feel like he simply fell into his level.
It was weird, like his performances didn't count and he was already a top midfielder.

Was it jamie redknapp who said after 5 minutes off his debut that he looked like he has been at Liverpool all his career or something?

Is he still everything Pogba should have been?

Anyone remember this ridiculous quote at the start of the season ? :lol:

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/kei...-to-fill-gerrards-/13gbgixzdxwkw1ubpgf0o42f7p

Just another example of how awfully Liverpool players got overrated without even doing anything just because they joined Liverpool.
More complete midfielder than Kante? Right... Why, how and where do they come up with stuff like this?

I have a question. How much did they pay for him again? And has the money yet been wasted because of injury?

Keita was good in his first Bundes Liga season but people overhyped him more than what he had done. Next following season after Liverpool agreed the fees, his performance were poor. Some people might just need to be careful when they start hyping a player.

To be fair, this place was hyping up Keita long before they signed him.
Yes, I remember him being touted as a truly elite midfielder - one of the best talents in his general and worthy of an eventual place in Madrid/Barca's squads.

While you still want to afford new signings the first year to feck about, he has been extremely disappointing and looks nowhere near the player he was touted to be. The comparisons with Pogba are hilarious. One looks to have some talent but is nothing out of the ordinary, while the other is genuinely magnificent and a rare, rare talent.

I wonder if it has to do with playing for Leipzig, who if I'm not mistaken played very high octane football, which tends to give you more space and have to do less technically and more physically. Like Dortmund teams used I feel he may be a player who was elevated by his system.

Fred was never hyped as much as Keita was when they both arrived so the comparisons are wrong.

Imagine Liverpool paid £70m for such an awful signing.
It is annoying to see him constantly giving away balls and walking back to pretend to look like he cares or to be the one responsible for goals and then try to blame others.

Looks too weak and slow for the Premier League.

Don't know what you've been reading, plenty of German fans were bullish about his quality. Even as recent as October, just go back few pages.

Exactly. He was overrated and hyped by plenty which is obvious. Some of the more rational posters however, said he wasn't all that. Kudos to them as he's utter wank.

Keita was good in his first Bundes Liga season but people overhyped him more than what he had done. Next following season after Liverpool agreed the fees, his performance were poor. Some people might just need to be careful when they start hyping a player.
To be fair, its only been half a season. I rate this guy and he will come good. Players who were crap in their first season. Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Vidic, Evra.

Only caught the 2nd half last night & for me, Keita stood out.

Some nice dribbles & forward runs. He will get better I think.

Just as it's an insult to compare Keita to Pogba it's an insult to compare Fred with Keita. Keita came with a big reputation from Germany while Fred was a relative unknown from the Ukrainian league who we massively overpaid on because City wanted him as well

Actually looked like half a player 2nd half. He's supposed to be like a peak Paul Ince isn't it? A DM who can carry the ball.

I really don't like his first touch though. So he never gets his head up either.

I reckon he's a dud.

I'm sure you hyped Fred a lot in Summer. There was hype around Fred but it wasn't anywhere near like Keita. Tbf Keita was very good in the season before Liverpool signed him. If he flops, it will be one more case of player who is either a one season wonder or player who failed to adapt to different league/team.

To be fair, its only been half a season. I rate this guy and he will come good. Players who were crap in their first season. Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Vidic, Evra.

Shhhh no common sense allowed!

I’d be happy if this wasn’t a bedding in period and he genuinely was crap (and there is a slight risk he may never hit the heights some expected) but at least give him till the end of next season before calling him a terrible footballer. He’s obviously been a very good footballer to get the move and wages he did, same with Fred. Not every move works out but as stated above some players may take a few seasons before they become top players in the league. They are also coming into relatively settled sides.