Naby Keita

The commentators were desperate to fawn over him last night. Early on he went round someone on the half way line and passed to someone Offside and they were all giddy. He didn't give them much to work with after that.

I’m still not convinced any of pool’s midfield are any good. Which makes their league position all the more remarkable

I still don't think Milner gets his due. Very good player, underrated passer of the ball as well

He looks shot of confidence and a very shy individual. Maybe he can't handle the pressure of the fee and the hype from Liverpool fans.

That through ball for Salah towards the end was so bad.

I still don't think Milner gets his due. Very good player, underrated passer of the ball as well

He’s been massively underrated over the years but was pretty terrible last night. Hopefully he’s starting to creak at the seams. He’s racked up some serious mileage over the years. Seems that way anyway, if only because he already looked about 30 years old when he was playing for the England U-21s!

He's been poor yesterday, and so far generally not impressed. Early to judge though. He needs more game time, but cannot be relied on for crucial games at the moment.

Not sure what type of player he is supposed to be?

Didn’t really cover himself in glory for the 1st goal did he see an invisible player going to the ball we didn’t! But In general he’s been good.

Didn’t really cover himself in glory for the 1st goal did he see an invisible player going to the ball we didn’t! But I’m general he’s been good.

Yeah my comment wasn't really based off of last night but more his career overall

He'll come good I think, eventually, not all players hit the ground running in a new league. But it's weird the free pass he's got and Fred is hammered and called a flop at every opportunity. Especially as he wasn't exactly cheap and the hype for Keita was massive, some of the pre-season talk about him was hilariously overblown.

He'll come good I think, eventually, not all players hit the ground running in a new league. But it's weird the free pass he's got and Fred is hammered and called a flop at every opportunity. Especially as he wasn't exactly cheap and the hype for Keita was massive, some of the pre-season talk about him was hilariously overblown.

Yeah, he is talented player and he will come good.

Bold part, funny when Keita played 1 or 1.5 games, some Liverpool fan said not every player can hit the ground running like Keita :lol:

I remember reading a United fan's tweet that signing Fabinho would make the difference between us winning the league or not, when we were linked to both him and Matic. Ignoring the fact that Fabinho has been average, how the feck would a defensive player alone win the league for us? I mean, hipster hyperbole.:wenger:
He's has two good games and Liverpool fans now think he is heaven sent.

I remember reading a United fan's tweet that signing Fabinho would make the difference between us winning the league or not, when we were linked to both him and Matic. Ignoring the fact that Fabinho has been average, how the feck would a defensive player alone win the league for us? I mean, hipster hyperbole.:wenger:

That's why we need to be careful on here. I recall the nonsense being spouted about Fabinho, I also recall the lad who Fulham got ie Jean Seri being lauded on here. 2 seasons ago there was even a push for a lad with the rather unfortunate name of Deondocker. I personally like hearing reports about players and leagues I don't follow, but some of the plaudits given are over the top. The PL is a different beast, all these players are obviously talented but that alone doesn't guarantee success and I think some on here underestimate the quality of the PL. A lot of these players are coming from leagues that aren't as strong as it.

That's why we need to be careful on here. I recall the nonsense being spouted about Fabinho, I also recall the lad who Fulham got ie Jean Seri being lauded on here. 2 seasons ago there was even a push for a lad with the rather unfortunate name of Deondocker. I personally like hearing reports about players and leagues I don't follow, but some of the plaudits given are over the top. The PL is a different beast, all these players are obviously talented but that alone doesn't guarantee success and I think some on here underestimate the quality of the PL. A lot of these players are coming from leagues that aren't as strong as it.
Watching these players now is not the same as when we had to put up with the dross JM served up.

It wasn't hard to understand every time we saw a player carrying the ball or delivering a forward pass to think, " I'd like us to sign him!"
The truth was , we were so insipid that anything looked good. Dendoncker looked mint against us in the Europa;now he looks shit

This is a Man Utd forum, clearly there will be more attention on Fred than a Liverpool player.

Furthermore (and obviously), Liverpool are top of the league, it’s natural players will get more leeway for them as opposed to us. We are bloody 6th!

The difference in their treatment extends beyond this forum.

Fine - but then the point remains, they one is at a club that’s top of the league, the other is an an underperforming club that’s 6th. Obviously, there will be more focus on players who have not lived up to expectation at Utd.

Fine - but then the point remains, they one is at a club that’s top of the league, the other is an an underperforming club that’s 6th. Obviously, there will be more focus on players who have not lived up to expectation at Utd.

I mean we finished 2nd last year and virtually all the coverage of say Pogba was about how disappointing his performances were. I think United negativity sells in a way that it doesn't for other clubs, granted your point about where they stand in the table and where we do certainly plays a factor as well.

Watching these players now is not the same as when we had to put up with the dross JM served up.

It wasn't hard to understand every time we saw a player carrying the ball or delivering a forward pass to think, " I'd like us to sign him!"
The truth was , we were so insipid that anything looked good. Dendoncker looked mint against us in the Europa;now he looks shit

probably some truth in that. Shows how far we fell though when we are looking at defensive players such as Fabinho and Dendocker as hoping to help resolve our negative approach. Harps back to my point though, we need to be careful before going overboard on certain players esp to people like myself that don't follow those leagues. I thought Fabinho sounded ideal due to what was written on here, it wasn't until I watched him a few times and could see he's at best a decent player

Currently getting universally panned from Liverpool supporters online for his first-half performance v Palace today...

It's a matter of time though Buchan.

And no @ShadesOfTomato before you go all paranoid, I didn't had to search hours to find that phrase.

It's a matter of time though Buchan.

And no @ShadesOfTomato before you go all paranoid, I didn't had to search hours to find that phrase.

He’s just so underwhelming. He’s fortunate his team are getting results at the minute because he’s doing absolutely nothing to justify the hype. Liverpool should’ve smelt a rat when he jumped at the chance at signing that pre-contract agreement a full year before the transfer could take place. The player obviously didn’t bank on improving much to attract the really big clubs and was content with Liverpool.

He’s just so underwhelming. He’s fortunate his team are getting results at the minute because he’s doing absolutely nothing to justify the hype. Liverpool should’ve smelt a rat when he jumped at the chance at signing that pre-contract agreement a full year before the transfer could take place. The player obviously didn’t bank on improving much to attract the really big clubs and was content with Liverpool.

That really was the weirdest thing and it definitely made me think he didn't really have the drive to improve further.

Being played on the left didn’t help him at all today. He’s not suited to that position at all.

When I saw the line up I thought Klopp would go with Salah and Mane wide then Firmino up top with Keita behind. Instead we played the first 45 minutes with Mane wide right where he never plays any more, and Keita forced to play out of position on the left where he struggled until he got subbed off.

I’d like to see him as the most advanced in a midfield three with Fabinho and Wijnaldum behind him but I’m not sure he’ll get the game time between now and May.

Easily the most disappointed I’ve been with a Klopp signing.

Being played on the left didn’t help him at all today. He’s not suited to that position at all.

When I saw the line up I thought Klopp would go with Salah and Mane wide then Firmino up top with Keita behind. Instead we played the first 45 minutes with Mane wide right where he never plays any more, and Keita forced to play out of position on the left where he struggled until he got subbed off.

I’d like to see him as the most advanced in a midfield three with Fabinho and Wijnaldum behind him but I’m not sure he’ll get the game time between now and May.

Easily the most disappointed I’ve been with a Klopp signing.

To be fair, I do feel for Keita in the sense that he’s patently not a wide player in Klopp’s system (or arguably any system) but there are fundamental skills which footballers in the bracket that Keita was claimed to be in possess and he’s not displaying them whatsoever.

I heard his English is very poor and doesn't take instructions well, and apparently didn't bother to learn English whilst in Germany knowing full well he'd be playing for us in a year's time. Makes sense I remember his interviews for the site being all in French.

Never played left mid for Leipzig so no one really hyped him as a left mid dynamo. With time he'll improve. 90% of Klopp's signings usually do, even ones I thought were not good enough.

To be fair, I do feel for Keita in the sense that he’s patently not a wide player in Klopp’s system (or arguably any system) but there are fundamental skills which footballers in the bracket that Keita was claimed to be in and he’s not displaying them whatsoever.
Earlier in the season Klopp mentioned that Keita was quite shy in training/the dressing room. That’s probably an issue as well.

He’s actually disappointed me a lot so far. Still not writing him off but Pogba is another level to him talent wise IMO.

Really shocked at how poor keita has been.

Today was shocking, looks like someone pulled him off the street and said here you go. Crack on.

Looks so separated from the team aswell. I would say he needs taking out the team. But he has barely been involved this season.

I think klopp needs to play him in a 4 2 3 1 formation in the 2. If that formation isn't used then keep him out. Disappointed with him.

Yeah he's been average so far for the majority of the time. There have been flashes of talent though and it doesn't help him playing left wing.

Makes me think he may be carrying an injury as he seems to move nowhere near as freely as he did at Leipzig.