Naby Keita

Too slow for the Premier League, both physically and mentally,

What's he actually supposed to be good at? Feel like I ask this of a lot of overhyped players these days.

Don't worry he's got too much quality for him to fail, he'll come good eventually

Apparently :rolleyes:

Between him and fred but fred hasn't played nearly as much. Thought he was suppose to be better than pogba, shockingly bad so far.

Fred is certainly in contention. But Keita cost more and had some serious hype behind him. Liverpool fans were saying he's better than Pogba...

A few on here that watched him regularly in Germany said he’s not up to much. They were right. He’s awful.

What's he actually supposed to be good at? Feel like I ask this of a lot of overhyped players these days.

Dribbling, ball-winning, creative, passing to some extent. I think a decent comparison is Allan from Napoli. He's been nowhere near his 2016/17 season though.

Fred is certainly in contention. But Keita cost more and had some serious hype behind him. Liverpool fans were saying he's better than Pogba...
Keita only cost £750k more. He's been kind of meh, but I don't think he's been terrible for them.

Hype aside, Fred has been a much bigger failure.

A few on here that watched him regularly in Germany said he’s not up to much. They were right. He’s awful.

Don't know what you've been reading, plenty of German fans were bullish about his quality. Even as recent as October, just go back few pages.

He's been a great signing for them. Should definitely start all their games from now on, he deserves it.

I would take Steve Sidwell over this lad. Terrible. I don't care about the burst in the box in the last ten seconds of the game. Fecks sake.

He showed in glimpses what he is capable of today, that dribble and later that pass in the last 5 minutes wasnt too bad. Still a bit stupid overall

Keita only cost £750k more. He's been kind of meh, but I don't think he's been terrible for them.

Fred has barely featured. Had a good game against Wolves scoring one and denied a second by a worldie save from Rui Patricio then was weirldy ignored for ages because our manager was Jose. Keita has been really poor and the hype was laughable.

Fred played 566 minutes in the EPL. Keita played 970 + 90 today= 1060 minutes. No midfielder can be seriously judged if you dont give the player at least some games in a row as starter.

West Ham got in behind him time and time again.
Reminds me of how teams targeted the space Coutinho left behind him.

Said for a while Keita and Fred are very comparable transfers. Both have underperformed, similar in style and are erratic AF.

It's fecking outrageous he was ever mentioned in the same breath as Pogba, it's seriously boardering on criminal

It's fecking outrageous he was ever mentioned in the same breath as Pogba, it's seriously boardering on criminal

Liverpool hype machine.

Pogba is one of the most promising midfield talents in ages. Didn't look out of place in one of the best teams in the world in his early twenties. Keita is a Europa league standard midfielder looking to make the step up to the highest level. Levels.

Said for a while Keita and Fred are very comparable transfers. Both have underperformed, similar in style and are erratic AF.

Nah he's shown way more than Fred. Decent second half today actually.