Naby Keita

Not seem much of Keita but bloody hell, fred IMO is not that good despite showing some really good attacking plays. Wasn't this guy suppose to be better than pogba?

Make no mistake Fred's been shit, just not as shit as Keita has been

Considering the hype around him he has been very underwhelming so far....scratch that, tonight he was shite there is no two ways about it.

His confidence seems shot already.

I hope he turns it around but so far he is a >£50m white elephant.

He is everything Liverpool fans think Pogba is.

He’s absolute gash. Scousers made him out to be this mythical footballing creature based on a few YouTube clips and complete and utter loons on RAWK such as that BabaYagu (or whatever he calls himself) declaring him a ready-made world-class talent.

They never fecking learn.

Almost spat my tea out reading that :lol:

Hilarious how much they were bigging this guy up, not just among themselves like you might get here when we sign someone and watch a nice Youtube vid, but to the whole world.

Hilarious how much they were bigging this guy up, not just among themselves like you might get here when we sign someone and watch a nice Youtube vid, but to the whole world.
He was praised into heaven by Liverpool, United and German fans alike, mate.

He was praised into heaven by Liverpool, United and German fans alike, mate.

I'm not sure what you mean. I had a Liverpool supporting mate message me before the season started specifically to say he's gonna tear it up and my favourite FB gobshite mate making out like he was the second coming of Jesus though.

Remember watching this lad in the Bundesliga for Leipzig and thought he looked a very good wee player. Don’t know what happened to that player but other than his debut on the opening day of the season against West Ham, he’s been extremely poor in the games I’ve seen him play.

Also slightly off topic but Fabinho, who was adored on here by many has been absolutely garbage as well. Certainly dodged a bullet there!

I'm not sure what you mean. I had a Liverpool supporting mate message me before the season started specifically to say he's gonna tear it up and my favourite FB gobshite mate making out like he was the second coming of Jesus though.
90% of the Germans and Bundesliga followers on here said he was the real deal as well, and there were lots of United fans who were pissed that we snagged him up, who thought he'd be outstanding.

Even now, I think he has too much talent to not succeed. Of course sometimes things simply don't work out and it's certainly a possibility, but I have no problem being patient with him.

A Rawk loon that I work with refers to him as the black Gerrard, more like the black Biscan from what he's shown so far.

90% of the Germans and Bundesliga followers on here said he was the real deal as well, and there were lots of United fans who were pissed that we snagged him up, who thought he'd be outstanding.

Even now, I think he has too much talent to not succeed. Of course sometimes things simply don't work out and it's certainly a possibility, but I have no problem being patient with him.

Him being bigged up isn't what's funny on its own though, it's that he's been bigged up in classic Liverpool style and is currently a load of shite!

He's dawdling on the ball. He's not tracking players as effectively as he should. And his passing is awful, uncharacteristically if you've even briefly seen him for Leipzig.

That doesn't strike me as a shit player. That shows a rabbit caught in a headlight scenario. Eventually he will move out of the headlight.

I’m still not convinced any of pool’s midfield are any good. Which makes their league position all the more remarkable

Still think he’ll be fine.

I don’t know what his position in midfield is meant to be, and I don’t think Klopp does either.

Glad I backed a winner like Fabinho. :p

Very poor - don’t see what he’s actually meant to be contributing.

Keita looks afraid of doing anything. The way he loses so many balls in midfield is inexplicable. That's why he does not play against big teams.

So far, he has turned out to be the worst big money signing under Klopp, a 54 million dud.

Very underrated. He should be starting all of our games alongside Fabinho.

Agreed. He's come a long way under Klopp. Jury is still out on Fabinho, I think he'll come good and needs time but of course he's one of very few choices you have at the moment.

This. Far too many United fans keen to write him off. He’s been poor, no doubt, but they’ve written off plenty of our current team before they’ve eventually come good. VVD, Ox and Robertson come to mind. Fabinho now showing he can play and is getting better. Pretty sure both Keita and Fred will pick up their performances once they get a proper run of games. The only thing that seems overrated around here is a bit of patience.

Remember watching this lad in the Bundesliga for Leipzig and thought he looked a very good wee player. Don’t know what happened to that player but other than his debut on the opening day of the season against West Ham, he’s been extremely poor in the games I’ve seen him play.

Also slightly off topic but Fabinho, who was adored on here by many has been absolutely garbage as well. Certainly dodged a bullet there!

The Poodles think he is the second coming, I spoke to one who said he had been Liverpools best player in Dec. I think he is absolutely gash.

This. Far too many United fans keen to write him off. He’s been poor, no doubt, but they’ve written off plenty of our current team before they’ve eventually come good. VVD, Ox and Robertson come to mind. Fabinho now showing he can play and is getting better. Pretty sure both Keita and Fred will pick up their performances once they get a proper run of games. The only thing that seems overrated around here is a bit of patience.

You are not wrong about patience....

He's been a bit useless so far but I do think the talent's there, just seems low on confidence. That said, the comparisons to Pogba were premature and frankly ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up a good player for Liverpool, it also wouldn't surprise me to see him go the other way. I'm not going to write him off just yet, see how he looks at the end of the season.

Don't be quoting United fans, this forum thinks we should be signing everybody our rivals do.
He was getting plenty of criticism from German fans before he left for you lot but it was written off as taking his eye off the ball towards the move to England.
Now we see that was just an excuse.

Fabinho struggled in the first months but played very well after that in almost every oportunity. Not talking about this last game because he played
The Poodles think he is the second coming, I spoke to one who said he had been Liverpools best player in Dec. I think he is absolutely gash.
He struggled in the first months but is playing very well after that. He was playing as CB today. In all the games he started in the last months he had just one bad half tbf.

I agree with this. I don't think in good conscience United fans should write of Keita if we're willing to give Fred a chance.

I think he made that one pass at the start of the season. That’s about it.

I’m still not convinced any of pool’s midfield are any good. Which makes their league position all the more remarkable

Well the play effective direct football into their forwards bypassing their midfield being on the ball. Their front 3 are good so not really too surprising.
Much like when we had RVp up top and no midfield the tactic was just get it wide then into RVP ASAP

I remember reading a United fan's tweet that signing Fabinho would make the difference between us winning the league or not, when we were linked to both him and Matic. Ignoring the fact that Fabinho has been average, how the feck would a defensive player alone win the league for us? I mean, hipster hyperbole.:wenger:

Its better to wait till second season to get a more accurate evaluation of imported players.

Many wrote off Lindelof at this point last season.