Moyes: "January not an easy month to purchase in. We have a good squad."

I know it's only the 4th but you can already tell that this January window is shaping up to be boring as feck. I'm starting to think United will never sign a player ever again.

Does seem fairly quite on the rumour front anyway, for all clubs.

It's natural, I guess, given that clubs have the entire month to complete their business.

I just hope we use the time afforded to us properly this time round, as opposed to a last minute trolley dash.

I don't even see January as a transfer window, never really have with how quite we tend to be.

Its quiet quite alright.

Cynic in me says the statement should be "Any transfer window is not easy for us to make a purchase as we have always have a good squad and will always look for value".

Maybe convincing both club and player in January is a little more difficult than in the summer but, money can take care of that difficulty. Doubt we are willing to resort to that though.

Apparently, Moyes has spoken to the Sunday papers and it's supposed to make pretty grim reading for United fans. Supposedly full of negativity and doesn't sound up to the job. I mention it because that could come across really, really bad if we are trying to recruit this window. If it really is as bad as been mentioned then this place is going explode tomorrow. I hope the writer who posted it on Twitter is making it sound worse than it is, because I'm all for Moyes but when he becomes un defendable, it's going to get difficult.

Apparently, Moyes has spoken to the Sunday papers and it's supposed to make pretty grim reading for United fans. Supposedly full of negativity and doesn't sound up to the job. I mention it because that could come across really, really bad if we are trying to recruit this window. If it really is as bad as been mentioned then this place is going explode tomorrow. I hope the writer who posted it on Twitter is making it sound worse than it is, because I'm all for Moyes but when he becomes un defendable, it's going to get difficult.

Who wouldn't be up for the United job? Maybe he is finding it too much? He is starting to look a bit tired to be honest. This one hell of a job to take on. I know we are the champions, but all the other side to it i.e. media and sponsers can be taxing.

I'll wait to see the quotes, but he really doesn't have any idea how to deal with the media. I guess he wants to keep them on his side to get an easier ride in the papers by giving them access/stories, but it's not going to work.

I'll wait to see the quotes, but he really doesn't have any idea how to deal with the media. I guess he wants to keep them on his side to get an easier ride in the papers by giving them access/stories, but it's not going to work.

It won't work because, yes they might like him,but this is the press and they will sell the grandmother into a brothel if it sold newspapers.

It won't work because, yes they might like him,but this is the press and they will sell the grandmother into a brothel if it sold newspapers.

He just needs to learn when to shut the hell up. Fergie didn't give a seemingly stream of interviews to journalists and managed what he said in press conferences.

Not sure if SAF spoke to all the sundays or just his chosen ones. Maybe Moyes is talking to everyone. Fergie had his favourites who he trusted.

I'm pretty sure that the Friday press conferences are split in two. The first part is the one you see on MUTV and is generally about the game and injury updates etc. The Sundays etc are then allocated the 2nd part of the press conference. Of course SAF probably had less journos to speak to!

I've talked to three Madrid fans and none of them wants him to stay. Apparently he went to shit last season. Perhaps those Madrid fans I've talked to are just typical tissue-waving cnuts you will find plenty of in their supporting base and not the sensible ones who were aggrieved at Ozil leaving.

He wasn't great last season and I don't see how people are saying that he is better than Carrick, when Carrick was much better last season.

Would be happy if we get him cheap. He would be an upgrade on Cleverley/Jones/Giggs/Fellaini. But he's very similar to Carrick on style which is a small problem, and won't come to us because of Scousers which is a big problem.

He wasn't great last season and I don't see how people are saying that he is better than Carrick, when Carrick was much better last season.

Would be happy if we get him cheap. He would be an upgrade on Cleverley/Jones/Giggs/Fellaini. But he's very similar to Carrick on style which is a small problem, and won't come to us because of Scousers which is a big problem.
Sounds right.

He just needs to learn when to shut the hell up. Fergie didn't give a seemingly stream of interviews to journalists and managed what he said in press conferences.
You don't even know what he's supposed to have said, and already he should shut up.

I do think half the CAF are in denial about how much 'trouble' (relatively speaking) we're actually in. Before the Tottenham defeat we still had morons thinking we were in a title race despite only having beaten a bunch of relegation contenders and the numbers suggesting we'd need to win 17/19 games. Now we have yet more delusion, about our ability to attract players without Champions League football. We couldn't attract our main targets with Champions League football so how the feck people think we're going to be able to this summer is a mystery to me. Moyes has already come out and said Rooney might not sign a new deal if we don't finish top four, I'm certain RVP won't be sticking around, add Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand to that list and suddenly things look quite bleak. Carrick also looks a shadow of his former self, so that's Rooney, RVP, Vidic, Evra, Ferdinand and Carrick who need replacing, our most important players, all without Champions League football. How do we think that's going to work out? We can't compete for the best players, and we certainly don't have the best manager, that doesn't really sound like a recipe for success to me.

Now we come to getting back into the top four, which will be very difficult. Let's presume Liverpool finish fourth as expected, Suarez stays, they become more attractive to prospective players and they actually have money to buy some top quality to go with Suarez. They will only get stronger, whilst it looks like we're only going to get weaker in the short term. We're already miles behind City so we won't be catching them, if Arsenal sign a top striker we're miles behind them too (they also have the best manager in the league) and Chelsea will only improve under Mourinho. Not only does it look unlikely that we'll finish top four this year, it looks bloody difficult next year too, and the longer you're out of it the harder it gets to get back in, Liverpool signed Suarez who has become one of the best players in the world, we'd need to do something similar, but signing top players is difficult, as we've seen with our transfer record in recent years.

Some clever person will probably say we're turning into Rawk with posts like this, this is the total opposite of Rawk, they're a deluded bunch who think they're winning titles when they have no chance, like some on here, this is just realism with a pessimistic slant. As funny as the Neviller insulting anyone who dares to criticise Dave is, we need to be honest and admit he's done an absolutely tumescent job thus far (him picking the right team when we lose yet another home game doesn't really cut it for me, I'm quite old fashioned and think managers do more than just pick sides and make subs), and this was the easy part, finishing top four with this squad, because if he doesn't finish top four he's got a tough job just getting us back into the top four, let alone competing for titles. Hopefully he is the manager Sir Alex and co thought he was, because if he isn't we're definitely in danger of doing a Liverpool.
Why am I getting dragged into your posts? I don't even like Moyes.

Also, there's a bit of an elephant in the room with your post, with the whole "it'll be so hard to get back in the top 4 if Liverpool pip us to 4th spot." Liverpool being it. If they pip us to it then they'd have managed it having had a few years out of it. What's stopping us doing the same thing?

I know it's only the 4th but you can already tell that this January window is shaping up to be boring as feck. I'm starting to think United will never sign a player ever again.

what really scares me is that I feel pretty much the same way....

Tomorrow's Sunday papers should make for interesting reading then.

You don't even know what he's supposed to have said, and already he should shut up.

His tone and comments thus far this season have often been regrettable and negative. He talked about being afraid to take RVP off because of the stick he would get, despite the lack of fitness and danger of re-injury. While it's dumb to make his substitutions based on public opinion, it's even dumber to acknowledge it publicly. He shouldn't have said a word about it. Ergo, he should have shut up. His other comments, like being happy with our performance against Liverpool after losing or being content that we were close to signing a top, top, top player, should never have been made.

His tendency to say stupid or unhelpful things to the media doesn't help his case. Maybe if he can avoid putting his foot in his mouth...

Why am I getting dragged into your posts? I don't even like Moyes.

Also, there's a bit of an elephant in the room with your post, with the whole "it'll be so hard to get back in the top 4 if Liverpool pip us to 4th spot." Liverpool being it. If they pip us to it then they'd have managed it having had a few years out of it. What's stopping us doing the same thing?
I dragged you into it because I saw a few posts by you insulting people criticising Moyes. Jesus, Fergie got criticised all the time on here, I don't know why you're being so precious, we've taken 14/30 points at home, of course people are hammering him. The irony is I actually like Moyes, I'm one of the seemingly few who wanted him as our next manager, but I'm just saying it like I see it, we're going to struggle in the medium term if we fail to make the top four, and if Moyes fails to get top four with this squad he won't find it any easier next year.

I explained the "elephant in the room", they signed Suarez who has developed into one of the best players in the world. They got lucky, his baggage put off other clubs, and Ajax wanted rid because of his suspension just when Liverpool had been taken over in the January and had money to spend. It's very hard to sign players with that sort of potential, all the clubs know about them nowadays, that's why Wenger can no longer pull off a Vieira type signing, and we struggle to compete with the sugar daddy's even with Champions League football. We could get lucky too, I'm just saying it will be difficult, whoever finishes top four will be stronger next year, whilst we're going to be replacing key players and trying to offload the dross.

Jesus christ
. This place is embarrassing.

It doesn't matter what he says really, managers feed the press rubbish all the time, there's no point in trying to read too much into it anyway.