Moyes: "January not an easy month to purchase in. We have a good squad."

Not sure why it comes as a surprise to anyone?

If that's as bad as his comments are then I'm relieved personally, was expecting something much worse

The night is darkest just before the dawn........

I don't truly believe that but, I always wanted to post it and now seemed to be a good time

Ha ha.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what their thinking. I hinted this could be the case to a few posters on here

We kinda knew that, if we had deals lined up they would have been done by now. We desperately need a left back, I've just seen an article saying we wanted Moreno of Seville but were put off by the fee they wanted.

How is that big news? It's what most thought would be the case anyway, no major signings in January because they are either unavailable or too expensive for this period.

How is that big news? It's what most thought would be the case anyway, no major signings in January because they are either unavailable or too expensive for this period.

Or owners won't give him money. Not cause they dont have it but cause their mind is considering alternatives

Asked if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.”

[About De Rossi] Moyes revealed: “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”

That's all from Mirror. No news at all.

Didn't he just say "Its a tough month and we'll see" before? Its now changed to "I don't think so"

Yeah, but it's hardly news. Was expecting something a lot worse after that build up from the journos.

Or owners won't give him money. Not cause they dont have it but cause their mind is considering alternatives

I doubt it, typically it's hard to sign the better players during the January transfer window, we know that from every season ever. Clubs will charge a higher price or the player won't be available, I really doubt it has anything to do with the Glazers whatsoever.

"I don't think it went as far as a bid."

Would you not be up to date with our transfer dealings, Moyes? :lol:

What makes you think that's the case? we all know it's very difficult signing players in january, specially when you're looking for top quality, mourinho and wenger most likely won't get the strikers they want, it doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, but it's hardly news. Was expecting something a lot worse after that build up from the journos.

Yeah, but they'll always hype things up for people to read their articles. It still could be worse to be fair but I think Moyes is not that stupid to go and make his job any harder through his own doing

With regards to DDR - dithering dave strikes again. Seemingly would have moved up till 25th August. Utd enquired on 26th.

I think it was something about the price (Roma asked 20m and we offered 15m) but anyway De Rossi said yesterday that if he was forced to leave Roma and to come to United, he would have made suicide already. Of course it wouldn't have gone as far, but he wouldn't have been happy to change the clubs and unhappy players don't play always well.

What makes you think that's the case? we all know it's very difficult signing players in january, specially when you're looking for top quality, mourinho and wenger most likely won't get the strikers they want, it doesn't mean anything.

Just need to wait and see - I wouldn't rule it out

It will be the same in the summer of a World Cup likely without the attraction of European football.

This can't seriously be the stuff they were all talking about earlier?

It will be the same in the summer of a World Cup likely without the attraction of European football.

I reckon we will get a Top 4 spot so don't think that will be an issue, but even with a World Cup year it will still be much easier to sign players in Summer than January.

Is this a rehash or he said it again?

‘He played one game against Newcastle. I think if I’d brought him off, you people [the media] would be the first to say, “What are you doing? You’re 1-0 down and you’re taking off your top goalscorer”. I think that answers it.

I doubt it, typically it's hard to sign the better players during the January transfer window, we know that from every season ever. Clubs will charge a higher price or the player won't be available, I really doubt it has anything to do with the Glazers whatsoever.

As it stands, our chances of qualifying for next year's CL are about 1 in 3. Considering how damaging the loss of CL football would be, splurging a bit extra on a quality midfielder would be more than justified. If we do fail to qualify, I doubt our chances of bringing in top talent next summer will be much better than they are now.

These quotes are disappointing, I was hoping for something worse, these aren't even bad. If you want bad google "Roy Hodgson Quotes Liverpool." He's said the same thing multiple times already. His answer to the De Rossi question was a bit funny, mind.

Fergie would never ever have behaved like this, I was dubious before but I do now think Moyes is out of his depth. He can't handle the pressure of such a big team under the spotlight.

Fergie always used to say he was happy with the squad when it was obvious we needed players. He came out with the whole 'no value in the market' line as a reason for not buying players.

Fergie always used to say he was happy with the squad when it was obvious we needed players. He came out with the whole 'no value in the market' line as a reason for not buying players.

I was referring to what he was saying about injuries, taking no blame himself etc.

As it stands, our chances of qualifying for next year's CL are about 1 in 3. Considering how damaging the loss of CL football would be, splurging a bit extra on a quality midfielder would be more than justified. If we do fail to qualify, I doubt our chances of bringing in top talent next summer will be much better than they are now.

I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I think regardless of our outcome for Top 4 position, we will be spending big and heavy in summer on top talent.