Moyes: "January not an easy month to purchase in. We have a good squad."

Are you not bored with this yet?

Bored with what?

The player was available to a certain date - Utd moved the day after. On top of that, he says to the press "he doesn't think it went as far as a bid"!? Think???

Look, we don't agree so why don't you just hit ignore so you don't have to read my posts on this.

I'm bored with your condescending shit towards people who don't share the same opinion as you on Moyes.

I'm no avid supporter of David Moyes but the witch hunt is getting silly now.

Are we really expecting huge names and big moves in the next 27 days? If you are you're a fecking idiot.

It'll be interesting to see now if anyone moves during this window... We certainly could've done with Cabaye, in my opinion.

Are we really expecting huge names and big moves in the next 27 days? If you are you're a fecking idiot.

No big moves of course but surely enquiring about Coentrao on a loan deal isn't too far fetched? Considering it was something we wanted in August and had apparently done the deal. Anyway, the summer was where we failed so no point having a go at Moyes for doing nothing this month.

Posted it in the wrong thread, see above.
Ah, well Fergie used to get asked questions about our medical record too and I don't remember him taking the blame for it, in fact I'm fairly sure he said exactly what Moyes has. I do think something may be wrong though, this many soft tissue injuries is ridiculous, and in the cases of Rooney, RVP, Nani, Smalling and Rafael they've been recurring all season.

Bored with what?

The player was available to a certain date - Utd moved the day after. On top of that, he says to the press "he doesn't think it went as far as a bid"!? Think???

Look, we don't agree so why don't you just hit ignore so you don't have to read my posts on this.

I'm bored with your condescending shit towards people who don't share the same opinion as you on Moyes.
I've never ignored anyone on here yet, and i'm not about to start now.

It's endless with you. Almost every post you make is a dig at Moyes, over a few quotes or press reports.

My opinion on Moyes is well documented on here, I didn't want him at the club, but seriously, what is the point in having a pop with every single post you make? There must come a point where you think "feck me, I've posted a lot of criticism about Moyes over very little, I'll have to post about something else".

No?

No big moves of course but surely enquiring about Coentrao on a loan deal isn't too far fetched? Considering it was something we wanted in August and had apparently done the deal. Anyway, the summer was where we failed so no point having a go at Moyes for doing nothing this month.

It's pretty plausible that we've already made any enquiries for any players on our radar and we've already been told no. So that's that, don't buy second choice for the sake of it (again) and work hard to sort out the mess.

Wow, these quotes really aren't v interesting at all, unless you want to read too much into everything.

Re De Rossi, he obviously wasn't a first choice and how firm the interest was is pure speculation. Moyes might have identified him as a possible target, we approached his camp, they said no therefore no bid, to try and make it into some incompetent dithering Dave stuff just shows an agenda from the usual suspects.

It's endless with you. Almost every post you make is a dig at Moyes, over a few quotes or press reports.

My opinion on Moyes is well documented on here, I didn't want him at the club, but seriously, what is the point in having a pop with every single post you make? There must come a point where you think "feck me, I've posted a lot of criticism about Moyes over very little, I'll have to post about something else".

No?

Probably best to just ignore it, otherwise these same arguments go across multiple threads which no-one wants to read.

Ah, well Fergie used to get asked questions about our medical record too and I don't remember him taking the blame for it, in fact I'm fairly sure he said exactly what Moyes has. I do think something may be wrong though, this many soft tissue injuries is ridiculous, and in the cases of Rooney, RVP, Nani, Smalling and Rafael they've been recurring all season.

Moyes admitted he played RVP a full match because United were losing despite saying he was only supposed to play 60 mins, then he goes on to say it's not his fault players are injured.

It's pretty plausible that we've already made any enquiries for any players on our radar and we've already been told no. So that's that, don't buy second choice for the sake of it (again) and work hard to sort out the mess.

We've probably been making enquiries ever since September and been told come back in the summer. There doesn't seem to be any concrete rumours from reliable sources about anything which is really a sign that geniunely nothing is happening. Anyone we bought this month would be seen as a "panic buy" anyway but in reality without getting anyone in I think we are really up against it in making the top 4 and then it's a question of whether our summer targets would still be happy to move if we don't make it….

To be fair, I would never believe managers when it come to transfers. If a player we are interested to sign is available and we have the money, I think that we'll sign him. Chances are and were slim for this from the beginning, simply because it is too difficult to do these dealings in January and even if it is possible they usually are very expensive. All I was hoping was a loan for a good player that isn't needed on his club, but I don't think that United likes to loan player that much and who knows if they were available.

Agreed, unless we had silly money to throw about which we do not.

To be honest I will not be surprised at all if we do not sign anyone. Moyes main concern is getting his current squad playing their best. That is all that should matter right now

During the game in question you could actually see and hear Moyes shout to Van Persie and ask him if he was OK to continue. RVP must have said that he was.

I don't think these quotes are it, the guy who tweeted mentioned transfer stuff AND something else, the broadsheets haven't done their stuff yet, neither have the People which is where the tweet came from.

He's not making this any easier for himself

What if SAF said that? We would all be getting our Kermit images out. Every manager is talking shit, but with Moyes being the new guy, everything he is saying is taken literally. He might say we are not signing anyone, but how can anyone believe that we are not working hard regarding several players? It's always hard to buy in january, but I'm 100% sure they are working on it.

I'm maybe not convinced concerning Moyes, but he's not an idiot.

He's said it again.

Man Utd manager scared to make decision in fear of public/press perception......deary me.

Why on earth would he want to bring that up again? Moyes also asked RVP for his opinion during the game too, arguably an act of weakness and naive in itself.

Oh shut up. Do you think all the clubs sat waiting by their phones until Jan 1st and as soon as midnight struck they dived at them?

Negotiations should have been ongoing for months.

Quite relieved. Was expecting far worse comments. What an attention seeking journo.

I don't think these quotes are it, the guy who tweeted mentioned transfer stuff AND something else, the broadsheets haven't done their stuff yet, neither have the People which is where the tweet came from.
Think that was it, the bit about not knowing if they had made a bid for DDR was probably the worst part.

No?

I've posted plenty - you just happen to notice all of mine on Moyes.

Look, it's the single most important part of our club right now so it generates discussion amongst all of us. Am I going to apologise for having a strong opinion? Am I feck. Are you not cringing at a lot if what he is saying? Thinks there wasn't a bid? Scared to take Rvp off cause people would have said he didn't know what he was doing? I'm not going to talk about players from other clubs...proceeds to talk about fabregas for weeks.

As for criticism over very little - I don't agree it's very little. He's made mistake after mistake, shows no sign of asking any improvements in our play (go wide to Valencia. Aimlessly cross ball into box. Fail. Repeat), and his handling if the media in general is just poor. Even the Rooney stuff on Friday - why did he dignify the question with a response? He should batted it straight back. Instead, he has created more headlines by implying he could leave. Now, you and I and any sensible fan know Rooney cold be off anyway, but the majority of fans did not need to see the manager hinting at that as a possibility - it doesn't take much for the media in this country to peddle the "Utd in Crisis" headlines and all he done was fan the flames at a time where he should be the calming and controlling influence.

I didn't want him either so we do agree on that!

I suppose we will have to wait and see, but I think regardless of our outcome for Top 4 position, we will be spending big and heavy in summer on top talent.

What makes you say that?

We've been expecting the club to spend big money on top talent since about the time Ronaldo left yet it really only happened when Van Persie became available and only because Fergie felt he couldn't pass up that chance, not because he definitely wanted to strengthen. You might count De Gea, maybe but we pretty much had to sign a goalkeeper after VdS retired.

I don't think we'll alter our transfer policy. It will be PL proven players and youngsters for the future.

These twitter hype stories and time exclusives are getting increasingly embarrassing.

I don't get why he's talking so much. There's no benefit of knowing that we nearly or could've got De Rossi...just talk less, fill your pressers with the usual stuff instead of giving everything to the press.

Oh shut up. Do you think all the clubs sat waiting by their phones until Jan 1st and as soon as midnight struck they dived at them?

Negotiations should have been ongoing for months.
What are you talking about? Where did I say anything of the kind? I'm quite aware of how transfers work. Players can only move in the month of January....there are 27 days left in January. Go figure.

fecking idiot.

Ermahgerd, it's the Moyes Civil War...

What makes you say that?

We've been expecting the club to spend big money on top talent since about the time Ronaldo left yet it really only happened when Van Persie became available and only because Fergie felt he couldn't pass up that chance, not because he definitely wanted to strengthen. You might count De Gea, maybe but we pretty much had to sign a goalkeeper after VdS retired.

I don't think we'll alter our transfer policy. It will be PL proven players and youngsters for the future.

Because this is happening for the first time? It's a bit pointless comparing it to how Fergie handled transfers or even past transfers, we are in a unique position. There is so much more at stake than any previous season before, we are seeing right now that the squad clearly isn't strong enough and whether Moyes can or can't turn it around, I very much doubt they will go another summer taking that risk or applying the same approach that Fergie was able to work with.

Because this is happening for the first time? It's a bit pointless comparing it to how Fergie handled transfers or even past transfers, we are in a unique position. There is so much more at stake than any previous season before, we are seeing right now that the squad clearly isn't strong enough and whether Moyes can or can't turn it around, I very much doubt they will go another summer taking that risk or applying the same approach that Fergie was able to work with.

This still reminds me of the "he can't go another summer without buying a midfielder" posts...

I assumed we would try to sign someone, but I guess he and Woodward realized their failure from the summer when they talked non-stop about money being there to spend and how we'd sign the best players in the world. Before signing Fellaini with five minutes until the end of the transfer window. We were never going to sign any marquee players in January, but we should be looking for something considering the state of our midfield and completely incompetent leftback.

In these quotes he Moyes uses the worst "most", that still leaves room for signings in January of a modest degree.