Moyes: "January not an easy month to purchase in. We have a good squad."

I'm not buying any of this. This is just another phantom transfer kitty just like the summer window's "unlimited budget". I'll only believe when we sign a quality player.

Was just listening to Talkshite a few mins ago and in the paper section discussion they made a reference to him being "Dithering Dave", mainly because he would run 50 different reports on one player before making any move.

So talk of buying anyone in Jan should be ruled out unless these reports have already been compiled.

Was just listening to Talkshite a few mins ago and in the paper section discussion they made a reference to him being "Dithering Dave", mainly because he would run 50 different reports on one player before making any move.

So talk of buying anyone in Jan should be ruled out unless these reports have already been compiled.

Would be pretty poor going if they weren't given you don't need to be in the transfer window to track players so he should have his own targets plus those players that we must have been looking at before he took over.

Tbh the biggest thing he could do is get the team solid, some new players are needed but things wouldn't look as grim if we were more solid through the team.

Daily Fail says Moyes as a 200mil warchest.Where do they get this drivel from.

A few papers seem to be running with similar 'Moyes being given money' stories, the club PR department has obviously been at work.

the club PR department has obviously been at work.

Indeed; I'm sure if the club does go into decline then both that and the commercial department will be the last to fall.

we've got sh!Tloads of money, but there's no one at all who could improve us in January.

See you all in the summer folks.

At what point do you decide to screw waiting on players to become available and just buy someone asap? Even now the idea of us signing 3 midfielders shouldn't be frowned at.

We could sign any midfielder from the 20 prem clubs and put him in Cleverley's place and we would probably do better.

It may not be easy to buy in January but it's not impossible. Offer money that teams can't refuse. We desperately need at least 2 new midfielders now.

I agree 100% with Moyes assertion that we need top quality and there's no point in signing mediocre players for a short term gain. If we have to wait until the summer for those top qulaity players then that's fine. There's no point filling the squad with players who aren't really good enough for where we're trying to get, even if they would improve us right now.

But...

I'm starting to wonder if some of the players I thought would eventually end up being good squad players here are really up to even that job. If we wanted to sign players to ultimately replace these would-be squad players who currently occupy first team places, then I have no objections.

Why would players want to join this clusterfeck in January with a World Cup coming up? Even mediocre ones will be hoping to get in the squad. Even throwing unreasonable sums at clubs and players, it would be difficult.

It may not be easy to buy in January but it's not impossible. Offer money that teams can't refuse. We desperately need at least 2 new midfielders now.
We clearly don't have that sort of money.

These results aren't going to help. The Glazers aren't going to give him money if his future is in doubt.

Why would players want to join this clusterfeck in January with a World Cup coming up? Even mediocre ones will be hoping to get in the squad. Even throwing unreasonable sums at clubs and players, it would be difficult.

If a players more intrested in their own glory the that of the team hes joining he aint worth signing

If we don't at least TRY to make a big signing this month I have to seriously question the clubs ambition.

If a players more intrested in their own glory the that of the team hes joining he aint worth signing

Then why did we sign Wayne Rooney? It's not a reasonable career move for any player to move to United under current circumstances. At least not any player that would improve the team.

Winning at home - difficult
Winning away - difficult
Signing players - difficult
Selling players - difficult
Keeping players fit - difficult
Attacking - difficult
Defending - difficult

It's amazing. It's almost as if he's being paid millions of pounds to do these things.

I dont believe the so called war chest exists until we spend money on players.

In the summer it will be: it's hard to get someone in a WC year. Then it's January again. Then next summer our squad will be good enough.
January may not be the best month to get players in alright, but tbh if you throw enough money at them you can get class players in nontheless. I doubt we have the money though.

Time to stop making excuses and start taking action. Plenty of quality signings have been made in january, the other good thing is the 6 months from now will be a good bedding in period. Time to sign quality and get rid of some of the absolutely average players we have in the team.

Glazers either back him now or sack him. It's as simple as that. We need players right now, as in this week. Not in 3 or 4 weeks time near the deadline. We cannot afford to let another 5 games drift by.

I'd rather Moyes turned around this mess before getting any players in. If he's given funds now the club would be obliged to give him more time which imo would be disastrous. This squad whilst being unbalanced and ageing is good enough to finish in the top 4. If we finish in the top 4 then fair enough he gets the 200milllion to strengthen the squad and build a team in his image. What guarantees are there anyway that new players will instantly buy into the same methods that haven't worked with the current squad.

The two are very strongly connected.

And why wouldn't a player care first and foremost about his own career?

There's a war chest, trust me... I've seen it.

david-gill.jpg

I think all the journalists misheard. We haven't got a war chest, we've got a raw chest. Every time we fail to win Giggsy has a bit of his chest waxed and it's starting to take its toll on him.