Moyes: "January not an easy month to purchase in. We have a good squad."

These twitter hype stories and time exclusives are getting increasingly embarrassing.

Oh come on, you were cool some time ago. Is there any way to ban this word from the Caf. It is embarrasing how many times the word embarrasing has been mentioned in the Caf, regardless if it was used for something embarrasing or not.

Oh come on, you were cool some time ago. Is there any way to ban this word from the Caf. It is embarrasing how many times the word embarrasing has been mentioned in the Caf, regardless if it was used for something embarrasing or not.

I'm not really bothered how many times it's been used or not, if it's appropriate to use it, I'm going to use it!

Reactions: Damien
We'll see. I hope you're right but a Cabaye+Baines summer wouldn't be surprising. No matter how unique the situation is.

I'd be very surprised with that, but yeah we will have to wait and see.

How could asking a player if he was OK to continue be a weakness??!

The manager should be making the call independent of a player who cannot be relied upon to be objective, particularly one with RVP's past with injuries. As it turned out he claimed that he feared the media reaction following such a decision which only compounded the errors surrounding that non-substitution.

Didn't make a bid cause they enquired a day after cut off.

I think that we made a bid for him, but they wanted 5m more and we had to act if we wanted to sign him by a deadline. We acted later. This was the sotry on the summer.

About Moyes, I think that he always (many times) starts his sentences with 'I think/I don't think', so 'I don't think it was more than a bid' shouldn't be understood as 'he doesn't know if we bid for him or not' but is more 'it was only a bid'.

Didn't make a bid cause they enquired a day after cut off.
Right, so if you know that then obviously Moyes knows that, so what's your problem exactly? That he didn't declare the inner details of a transfer that didn't happen to the world? He was asked a question on De Rossi and answered it in a few short sentences, as he should have because it has no relevance to anything.

Because he was asked about it after some De Rossi quotes came out?
And? He's going to be asked all sorts of questions that he doesn't need to answer. It's better leaving people to speculate about the summer than knowing that we failed with an approach for Fabregas, Baines, Coentrao and possibly DDR while we're currently sitting with a midfield worse than last years and two left backs who can't defend. I hope he doesn't get asked about Khedira in case that's true.

The manager should be making the call independent of a player who cannot be relied upon to be objective, particularly one with RVP's past with injuries. As it turned out he claimed that he feared the media reaction following such a decision which only compounded the errors surrounding that non-substitution.

Surely you have to trust your players? You'd think RvP would know his body and what its capable of better then anybody. It's an odd thing to attack Moyes for.

And? He's going to be asked all sorts of questions that he doesn't need to answer. It's better leaving people to speculate about the summer than knowing that we failed with an approach for Fabregas, Baines, Coentrao and possibly DDR while we're currently sitting with a midfield worse than last years and two left backs who can't defend. I hope he doesn't get asked about Khedira in case that's true.

Manager in answering press question controversy!!

When did Moyes reveal we failed in bids to get Fabregas, Baines, Contrao and DDR?

We only have one squad place available by the way folks. You're all pretty set on transfers being 'the right players'. Perhaps they've decided the right player isn't available this month.

There will definitely be more scope for reshaping next summer when at the very least we'll be without Rio, Fabio and Anderson. Prudence might actually be beneficial during that potential rebuilding process.

Why surprised? That's the market we will be in without CL football....unless we go crazy with money - highly unlikely

I don't think that would be the case, I'm not so sure our appeal is only based on a Top 4 position.

I've posted plenty - you just happen to notice all of mine on Moyes.

Look, it's the single most important part of our club right now so it generates discussion amongst all of us. Am I going to apologise for having a strong opinion? Am I feck. Are you not cringing at a lot if what he is saying? Thinks there wasn't a bid? Scared to take Rvp off cause people would have said he didn't know what he was doing? I'm not going to talk about players from other clubs...proceeds to talk about fabregas for weeks.

As for criticism over very little - I don't agree it's very little. He's made mistake after mistake, shows no sign of asking any improvements in our play (go wide to Valencia. Aimlessly cross ball into box. Fail. Repeat), and his handling if the media in general is just poor. Even the Rooney stuff on Friday - why did he dignify the question with a response? He should batted it straight back. Instead, he has created more headlines by implying he could leave. Now, you and I and any sensible fan know Rooney cold be off anyway, but the majority of fans did not need to see the manager hinting at that as a possibility - it doesn't take much for the media in this country to peddle the "Utd in Crisis" headlines and all he done was fan the flames at a time where he should be the calming and controlling influence.

I didn't want him either so we do agree on that!
Look through the first page on your recent posts mate. Seriously, just have a read. Perhaps you don't realise just how much anti-Moyes stuff you're posting. It's incessant, but you're not alone, and it really is getting tedious.

Honestly, this is the leading Manchester United fan forum and look at it. What happened to supporting our manager and being above all the pettiness that surrounds other clubs? We're showing ourselves to be no better at all, in fact we're increasingly looking like a bunch of spoilt, small time arses, bitching and moaning at every negative headline or quote.

We're Manchester United, we're fecking better than this. At least, we should be.

Look through the first page on your recent posts mate. Seriously, just have a read. Perhaps you don't realise just how much anti-Moyes stuff you're posting. It's incessant, but you're not alone, and it really is getting tedious.

Honestly, this is the leading Manchester United fan forum and look at it. What happened to supporting our manager and being above all the pettiness that surrounds other clubs? We're showing ourselves to be no better at all, in fact we're increasingly looking like a bunch of spoilt, small time arses, bitching and moaning at every negative headline or quote.

We're Manchester United, we're fecking better than this. At least, we should be.
I echo this post

Good stuff nev

cnut

I don't know whether to go OTT like some of you have, or gain a little, oh what's that popular word used on here? Oh that's right, perspective.

On the one hand, how dare he not think we can make any signings this window! Has he seen our performance throughout the season and the need for improvement?

But on the other hand, how many large moves have we truly seen in recent times in January? Torres was £50 million, Suarez at £23 million, Carroll at £35 million (still makes me laugh). Top players are very sparse due to clubs not wanting change halfway through the season, so a big money move will have to be expected with a large premium if they were to happen, something we enjoy doing anyway.

But if he leaves it now, we won't make top 4, and we won't get any top players to sign.

But remember the last time Moyes opened his mouth about signing players? Everyone got their panties in a twist because we didn't sign anyone of significance. At least in saying this, he won't disappoint as much should we fail to do so.

I'm going to leave it to the "I don't think so" instead of a straight "No" line to give me hope for improving. We've been linked with fantastic players like Reus and Koke, but they are unlikely to leave, so would you like us settling for a Fellaini-type signing again?

When did Moyes reveal we failed in bids to get Fabregas, Baines, Contrao and DDR?
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/13/manchester-united-moyes-fellaini
David Moyes has denied Manchester United had a disappointing summer transfer window despite buying only one player, Everton's Marouane Fellaini, who cost £27.5m in a frantic scramble on deadline day.
The manager revealed that the club intentionally allowed the midfielder's £23m buy-out clause to expire as part of a doomed joint bid for Leighton Baines, a strategy that ended with United paying £4.5m more for Fellaini than they needed to. Asked if he would have preferred to land the Belgian for the cheaper price before the clause in his contract expired on 31 July, Moyes said: "No, because we chose to do it the way we did. We wanted to keep the chance with Leighton Baines until the last minute. Only at the last minute did we split the deal. That was the way we decided to do it."
Moyes conceded that any future deal for Baines is now dead. "I would have to say so, yes," said the Scot.
Despite a summer that featured failure to land Cesc Fábregas or Thiago Alcântara from Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera and Real Madrid's Sami Khedira and Fábio Coentrão, besides Baines, Moyes said: "Did we miss out on a lot of targets? No. Was it disappointing? No. We tried to get some great players to join Manchester United and for different reasons we couldn't get them.
"In the end we knew at the start of the window that we liked Marouane Fellaini, you've heard my explanation on why we didn't do it sooner. I wanted Leighton Baines right up until the end and we tried right up until the last minute and we thought we had the Coentrão deal done and we just lost it near the end. I just wanted something there."
The deal to land Herrera fell down on the final day as Athletic refused to budge from the €36m (£30.6m) valuation of the central midfielder's release clause. This came against the bizarre backdrop of "imposters" who apparently posed as United representatives to visit Spanish Football Association headquarters to muscle in on the deal.
Moyes said: "The stuff about Herrera, we made an offer for £23m and we were never going to go to the buy-out clause. All the rubbish that was talked about that - with people going in, they were never working on behalf of us. Never at any time did we increase our offer."
Fellaini, speaking for the first time since joining United, said he hoped to emulate some of United's most famous players and that he has no concerns over his price tag. "It's not my problem – £20m, £25m or £30m – whether you are expensive or not. Players are just players. In the past you have had Cantona, Roy Keane, Beckham – I will do my best [to match them]."
Moyes suggested there was only a remote chance that Wayne Rooneycould return from his serious head injury in Saturday's early kick-off against Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. "It's something we'll look at. I've got to [consider whether to] take the risk because you could just knock the head and it could split open because it's right down there. It's healed really well, better."
The manager joked: "Put a big headband on it? There's a possibility I could do that, we'll see what we can do. He's in great physical shape but has a cut right in the middle of his forehead. It's knitted well, we just have to see where he is in terms of his head injury."
While Phil Jones is ruled out due to an ankle problem, Moyes is hopeful that Darren Fletcher could recover from a chronic bowel condition. "Darren came back in yesterday [Thursday]. He's a long way away from being ready and we'll use the doctors and physios' advice. We'll give him little bits of football and just pick him up over the coming months and see how he goes."
13TH SEPTEMBER 2013

Surely you have to trust your players? You'd think RvP would know his body and what its capable of better then anybody. It's an odd thing to attack Moyes for.

Only up to a point, ideally you would expect your manager to know his people and apply a modicum of care to a player who has recently returned from injury. In the heat of battle with the team is chasing a win it would only be understandable were RVP desirous of taking undue risks for the cause, Moyes though he may sympathise has to take a broader view.

I simply thought it to be a bit naive and silly at the time, i'm not lobbing a rotten cabbage at Moyes' head as he walks past the Megastore.

'I just wanted something there' is really hilarious.

Interesting stuff about Herrera, how the hell they didn't know that Athletic Club is the most difficult club in the world to negotiate, and not that they don't accept bids, they'll make the life for you hell even if you match the bid.

In overall, happy with the interview. Mainly because we aren't going to sign Baines. On another side, baffled that we judged Fellaini to be worth of 27.5m but were never going to go for Herrera's clause which was only 3m higher.

Of course my recent posts are going to be on this and if i have an opinion im likely to stick to it - really don't see your point.

Look, were not going to agree. I would suggest we leave it there

'I just wanted something there' is really hilarious.

Interesting stuff about Herrera, how the hell they didn't know that Athletic Club is the most difficult club in the world to negotiate, and not that they don't accept bids, they'll make the life for you hell even if you match the bid.

In overall, happy with the interview. Mainly because we aren't going to sign Baines. On another side, baffled that we judged Fellaini to be worth of 27.5m but were never going to go for Herrera's clause which was only 3m higher.
That interview was ages ago, it's all been posted on here already.

I don't think that would be the case, I'm not so sure our appeal is only based on a Top 4 position.

I think you give the modern player to much credit.

Money, CL, Club - in that order. For most players. Those from British isles likely to be different if course - they will still see us the top club.

Money, CL, Club - in that order. For most players. Those from British isles likely to be different if course - they will still see us the top club.

Possibly, but when that club is United and the money is good enough, I think we can still attract the best.

Possibly, but when that club is United and the money is good enough, I think we can still attract the best.

No doubt if we pony up the cash....but we will need to in order to attract the right quality.

Any season outside of CL is bad but this,season in particular is a bad one when you consider the age if many in our squad. There is a rebuild needing to start.

I assumed we would try to sign someone, but I guess he and Woodward realized their failure from the summer when they talked non-stop about money being there to spend and how we'd sign the best players in the world. Before signing Fellaini with five minutes until the end of the transfer window. We were never going to sign any marquee players in January, but we should be looking for something considering the state of our midfield and completely incompetent leftback.

I was hoping we would sign 1 maybe 2, but January is not a good time to buy.
Hopefully summer will provide the player we are in desperate need of.

He said the opposite when talking about our chances of winning the CL and loads of fans were lambasting him for it. I don't see anything wrong with what he publically says here. I suspect he's thinking different privately.

Juventus managed to retain most of their top players when they were relegated during the Calciopol.

"Would you like to play for Manchester United, one of the most successful and wealthiest clubs of all time, including the past 10 years?"

"No, they might finish fifth."

Seriously. Some of you are insane.

"Would you like to play for Manchester United, one of the most successful and wealthiest clubs of all time, including the past 10 years?"

"No, they might finish fifth."

Seriously. Some of you are insane.

Yeah, they wouldn't care about finishing fifth, they just wouldn't want to play under Moyes.