Moussa Dembele

Nice to see you Werds

I agree. He is a pretty slick player and would be great in a three man midfield though I would prefer Moutinho as he seems more dynamic.

Different types of players imo, I'd say a midfield 3 of both Dembele and Moutinho

If SAF is looking at Dembele, I think it is almost certain that Ando's time at United is up. Those two play in a quite similar style.

He's played a little deeper under Jol to adjust to that formation but hardly slap bang in the middle of the park. Certainly not the sort of player to do the whole 'midfield two' thing

Did you honestly watch Fulham last season? You couldn't get anymore CM than the role he played. At times he was playing deeper than Diarra. He played in a two quite a bit and I'd say he could definitely play that role for us, he has great energy levels and tracks back well.

He's going to get better aswell. He's still young for a CM and he's only played the role for 1 season and looked quality in it.

He didn't really dominate anything. He made 1/2 as many passes as Carrick and 28 less than Giggs. Fulham had a good 15 minutes at the end which led to the penalty incident.

Completely different.

Your using an example from a team that was designed to set up shop and stay tight. Watch fulham against anybody else and he stood out massively in my book.

He would be our ideal type of signing really; huge potential, cheap transfer fee, low wages and low age.

He is versatile. If we could get him on the cheap, say for less than or around £10m, I think its not a bad deal.

He is versatile. If we could get him on the cheap, say for less than or around £10m, I think its not a bad deal.

If you ignore the fact that there are better player around - Dembele would add something we haven't got. A quick, technical player who is exceptionally well at holding the ball and move forward. But he almost demands a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 system. In a 4-4-2 I doubt he is good enough defensively

He's played a little deeper under Jol to adjust to that formation but hardly slap bang in the middle of the park. Certainly not the sort of player to do the whole 'midfield two' thing

He was last season.

I've seen bugger all of him for Belgium but I don't recall him playing many games in a 'deeper' role for Fulham. He's always looked at his best higher up the pitch.

We bought a better player than him in Kagawa anyway, I wouldn't see the point.

They wouldn't be playing the same position as i've said during my last post.

Did you honestly watch Fulham last season? You couldn't get anymore CM than the role he played. At times he was playing deeper than Diarra. He played in a two quite a bit and I'd say he could definitely play that role for us, he has great energy levels and tracks back well.

He's going to get better aswell. He's still young for a CM and he's only played the role for 1 season and looked quality in it.

Precisely.

I agree. Seen a fair bit of Fulham and he always stood out - looks to have a good touch and a bit of guile - also seems pretty physical.

Squad depth is key.

Completely different.

Your using an example from a team that was designed to set up shop and stay tight. Watch fulham against anybody else and he stood out massively in my book.

He would be our ideal type of signing really; huge potential, cheap transfer fee, low wages and low age.

I didn't use any example. I said he didn't dominate our midfield as somebody previously stated.

I was a bit 'meh' about this when we were first linked with him but probably only started paying attention from then onwards and actually quite liked what I saw. Obviously, he's jinky with the ball at his feet but I don't think I appreciated what a big, strong unit he is. That's a big bonus for me. Could do with someone like that.

He's alright. Nothing more for me. Impressive on his day...but if this is our answer to the issues in midfield then I can't say I'm impressed. If we signed him and then a class act then fine...

He's a player with a very interesting combination of skills given he's been converted to central midfield. Other than the likes of Iniesta, there arent many CMs who can dribble like Dembele. The added bonus is that he's a big lump and he likes to put in tackles.

He can improve his positioning but given he was only converted to play CM mid way through last season thats both understandable and something that would be sure to improve quickly at United.

The choice to convert him to CM was a very very good one and he's one of the more interesting "projects" in the league. Fulfilling his potential he could be right up there

I would be very happy if you signed Baines and Dembele instead of Modric.

Haven't really seem much of this dude.

Is he better than Fellaini?

Better than Tiote?

I would be very happy if you signed Baines and Dembele instead of Modric.

You'd be very happy if a team that finished 19, yes that's right, 19 points ahead of you signed two players to improve their squad, on top of the two they've already signed? :lol:

Arsenal fans are weird.

I'd be pretty happy with Baines and Dembele in addition to Kagawa and Powell. Would be a pretty good summer of ins and outs, and leave us with a strong squad in all areas.
You must be joking? Two average PL players, one promising player from the Bundesliga and one for the future? When you have a big hole in CM?

You'd be very happy if a team that finished 19, yes that's right, 19 points ahead of you signed two players to improve their squad, on top of the two they've already signed? :lol:

Arsenal fans are weird.
We lost the best player in the league and another top performer (for us). Try losing Rooney and Nani and seeing how you'd get on.

We lost the best player in the league and another top performer (for us). Try losing Rooney and Nani and seeing how you'd get on.

Yeah, and there's a reason you lost (and keep losing) your best players. Its not just by chance that all your best players jump ship :lol::lol:

We lost Tevez and a Ronaldo at his peak. Didn't do too badly afterwards. We can cope with these situations.

When we lost Ruud, I remember you in the "where will the goals come from" brigade as well. We won the league afterwards with Ronaldo shitting on everyone.

This is all a bit silly from pete, seeing as we don't "lose" our best players, we sell them when we don't want them anymore. Ronaldo being the exception.

This is all a bit silly from pete, seeing as we don't "lose" our best players, we sell them when we don't want them anymore. Ronaldo being the exception.
Yeah because when they blackmail you, you can still just afford to pay them off, see Rooney. Next up Nani.

Yeah because when they blackmail you, you can still just afford to pay them off, see Rooney. Next up Nani.

And they know they stand the chance to win something. If Arsenal were competing for the league I don't think Van Persie would be contemplating leaving to be honest.

And they know they stand the chance to win something. If Arsenal were competing for the league I don't think Van Persie would be contemplating leaving to be honest.
He wouldn't be contemplating leaving if City hadn't offered him £220K, as Rooney wouldn't have stayed if you hadn't given him similar money.

He wouldn't be contemplating leaving if City hadn't offered him £220K, as Rooney wouldn't have stayed if you hadn't given him similar money.

Keep on deluding yourself that money is the only reason he's leaving Arsenal.

Deluded, he wants trophies.