Moussa Dembele

And how many did you win last year? And how many do you think you're likely to win this year with average players like Baines and Dembele.

Our first trophyless season in how long? It happens.

Baines is not average. He's no world beater either. Dembele I'm yet to be convinced with...

Biting how? His fecking wums are retarded anyways, responding once to the 20 times he talks shit is not biting.

So, whilst out fishing you cast a line in 19 times and get nothing, but on the 20th you catch a trout. Do you go home and tell your mates you didn't get a bite?

Doesn't really strike me as the player we need. If we're giving up on clev and ando staying fit than fair enough, if one of them is sold I can understand someone else coming in. But if not then I can't really see the point of having those two, dembele and then scholes and giggs all fighting for effectively one spot. Personally I think we need an alternative/competition for Carrick and if clev and ando can't stay fit this year then we should look to bring in some different options.

He's blatantly very talented and technical on the ball, his dribbling from the middle is better than anything we have at the moment.

Considering he only recently got converted to centre mid he did very well, another seasons experience playing there and he'll continue to develop positionally. Physically he's perfect for the middle, if he improves the defensive side of his game he could be great out of possession closing down.

To be honest, I thought towards the end of the season his off the ball work really came on. He was up and down the pitch against England and won the ball back a good few times through interceptions and tackles. It'd just be really interesting to see what we could do with him.

He's blatantly very talented and technical on the ball, his dribbling from the middle is better than anything we have at the moment.

Considering he only recently got converted to centre mid he did very well, another seasons experience playing there and he'll continue to develop positionally. Physically he's perfect for the middle, if he improves the defensive side of his game he could be great out of possession closing down.

I don't doubt his talent, just simply I don't think he's what we need right now. If we were writing off clev ando/or ando than fair enough but with them around it doesn't make sense for me. All of them are at an age where they need to play regularly. Personally I'd rather we get someone who's defensive abilities we can be certain off now rather than try and mould another player in to a different role.

Baines is mediocre, it's not a WUM it's a facht. In his big game of the season he was crucified by Downing who outpaced and outskilled him all day.

Downing was on the left, played decently but against Phil Neville. Baines at left back had to deal with Henderson who didnt do much.

To be honest, I thought towards the end of the season his off the ball work really came on. He was up and down the pitch against England and won the ball back a good few times through interceptions and tackles. It'd just be really interesting to see what we could do with him.

Yeah I agree, he was very good at winning the ball, but he still got caught out which is where he could improve I think. If he learnt some positional discipline and the right times to close down, like Carrick who has the aspect of defending perfected, then he'd be brilliant. With his build and energy he'll have no problem tackling but he needs to learn the tactical/mental elements of playing midfield.

Yeah I agree, Fergie could really bring him on IMO.

Downing was on the left, played decently but against Phil Neville. Baines at left back had to deal with Henderson who didnt do much.
Unless I'm losing the plot I saw Downing skinning Baines.

Decent player but not good enough. If Dembele is the limit of United's ambitions then it shows how far our stock is falling. We don't need anymore decent players we need some great ones.

This guy has played in central midfield for one season...and done ok, nothing more. It's ridiculous to waste time and money gambling on players this midfield needs proven performers. It needs someone who can fecking run the show.

It's a bit silly calling him mediocre in any case - mediocre compared to what? The Premier League? Definitely not. World football? No, as again mediocre applies average, and he's been a standout LB in one of the world's top leagues. Now he's not going to be some kind of revelation, but he is a very assured footballer who could make any squad in the Premier League, certainly.

Decent player but not good enough. If Dembele is the limit of United's ambitions then it shows how far our stock is falling. We don't need anymore decent players we need some great ones.

This guy has played in central midfield for one season...and done ok, nothing more. It's ridiculous to waste time and money gambling on players this midfield needs proven performers. It needs someone who can fecking run the show.

This, will never happen though.

If United want to keep challenging for trophies Dembele is not the caliber of player you need to look at. Chelsea and Tottenham are going to be strong this year, and there's always City too.

If United want to keep challenging for trophies Dembele is not the caliber of player you need to look at. Chelsea and Tottenham are going to be strong this year, and there's always City too.

As if we aren't going to be challenging for honours with Nani, Kagawa and Valencia behind Rooney, Carrick and Scholes in midfield and Rio and Vidic at CB. You'd think we finished ten points behind City.

As if we aren't going to be challenging for honours with Nani, Kagawa and Valencia behind Rooney, Carrick and Scholes in midfield and Rio and Vidic at CB. You'd think we finished ten points behind City.

We would have finished ten points ahead if we had a Yaya like them.

lol bet people said the same thing about Carrick when he signed

lol bet people said the same thing about Carrick when he signed

You have brought in Kagawa but lost Park. Utd should strengthen the midfield, as I said, watch out for Chelsea this year.

Don't get complacent for having won a lot of trophies over the past 15-20 years, that can change quickly without bringing in the right players each year, look at Liverpool.

2-3 years without winning silverware and you'll see players get demotivated at the lack of 'ambition' shown by the club. It's a common trend.

Dembele is a good enough signing though, we don't have the money to buy established players like Modric for £40million, so signing someone with potential like Dembele is the right strategy.

You have brought in Kagawa but lost Park. Utd should strengthen the midfield, as I said, watch out for Chelsea this year.

Don't get complacent for having won a lot of trophies over the past 15-20 years, that can change quickly without bringing in the right players each year, look at Liverpool.

2-3 years without winning silverware and you'll see players get demotivated at the lack of 'ambition' shown by the club. It's a common trend.

Liverpool are a completely different kettle of fish.

Dembele is a good enough signing though, we don't have the money to buy established players like Modric for £40million, so signing someone with potential like Dembele is the right strategy.

"Good enough" isn't really good enough though. If you get what I mean.

If it's true that Dempsey's signed for Liverpool, I'd be surprised if they let Dembele go and all.

I agree with all of this. If we continue this trend in the transfer market of buying decent we will fall badly behind the other big boys who actually act that way in attracting players.

I agree with all of this. If we continue this trend in the transfer market of buying decent we will fall badly behind the other big boys who actually act that way in attracting players.

What trend? Because we're linked with Dembele there's a trend of us buying "decent", whatever that means. Is Kagawa not a quality signing? Is Nick Powell not a very talented player who numerous clubs wanted to sign. Was Jones not a quality buy last summer, a player who we got despite basically every big English team also looking to secure his signature. De Gea and Young, do they fall into your "decent" category as well?