Moussa Dembele

Well I'm convinced. Though he was class. Very good going forward, kept the ball, and had that ability to just turn up the pace if needed. Look quite assured in the tackle too.

Sign him up Fergal.

I've been a fan for ages, wouldn't mind it if United signed him. Ridiculously good at keeping the ball.

Still saying it, great player, should be number 1 target.

Kagawa is basically a done deal. Let's get Dembele signed up also.

And Sneijder just scored a peach of a freekick against my country, quick to the Sneijder thread!

Just to balance it out he was at fault for the goal. Wouldn't mind him here at all mind.

Think its been mentioned. The talk is that us and Chelsea have already opened talks with Fulham and Dembele himself about a deal. I've a feeling he'd go Chelsea, but id love it if we got him. Does exactly what we need.

Agree.

But if Chelsea are in for him, we aren't getting him, we know that now.

Cheers Maajid and Damien, I thought he was one of the top tacklers. You could see why tonight too, he's rapid in closing and chasing players. I loved how he was passing it around in the final third and when we tried to suddenly break, he was switched on and in a position to nip it in the bud.

Chelsea are starting to really get on my tits. If winning the champions league wasn't bad enough, since then they appear to have signed Hazard and are also after our other supposed targets Powell and Dembele. At least Kagawa appears to be in the bag.

I'd be gutted if Chelsea sign him. Looks to be everything we really need in the middle of the park. Strong, pacey, can keep possesion well, creative, good in the tackle.

Yeah, when you consider he already lives in Fulham and his Belgian mates are there, id say they're favourites if they are in for him.

Not really, when you consider that they will make him a better offer than we will, he will go there.

Belgium mates, location is secondary.

Where can I find the 'most tackles' stats for the premier league this season? I'm sure Dembele was second highest but I just want to confirm it.

Bit misleading, he's averaged 3.1 tackles per game which is 9th best of those in the league, he's just played more than the rest. Thought he looked disappointingly mediocre today, he passed the ball to nowhere useful most of the time, usually because he held onto the ball for far too long and all options were closed off. Not seen much of him but that's been a pretty standard performance from what I have seen, and I wouldn't want him on that basis. Not sure why Chelsea would either.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/12187

According to who scored he played mostly in CM getting his only two assists from that position.

+ Strengths
Dribbling Very Strong
Tackling Very Strong
Defensive contribution Very Strong
Holding on to the ball Strong
Passing Strong
Direct free kicks Strong

- Weaknesses
Finishing Weak
Crossing Weak

Moussa Dembélé's Style

Gets fouled often
Likes to play short passes
Likes to shoot from distance
Likes to dribble
Likes to tackle

Parks been an unsung hero, always gave his all even if sometimes his touch and ability in front of goal where not all that and the bag of chips per se. Never a bad word to say about the club and at four mil was a fecking bargain for what we have gotten in return.

He's been a big game player and is pretty reliable in those instances when called upon. I bet your were probably one of the kind who slagged off fletch in the early years for not being a Roy Keane. Sadly your judgement is also fecktard'ed

Ok.

Bit misleading, he's averaged 3.1 tackles per game which is 9th best of those in the league, he's just played more than the rest. Thought he looked disappointingly mediocre today, he passed the ball to nowhere useful most of the time, usually because he held onto the ball for far too long and all options were closed off. Not seen much of him but that's been a pretty standard performance from what I have seen, and I wouldn't want him on that basis. Not sure why Chelsea would either.

I can't agree with any of that. If he'd have put in that performance in our midfield then he'd be getting a lot of praise. Won the ball back plenty, kept the game ticking over, barely lost the ball really. He was the best Belgium player for me.

When you say he held the ball too long, I think you were watching a different game to me. He played a lot of first time passes and one-twos. If he'd have been giving that ball to a more dangerous winger, which is the role our midfielders do, then he'd have done bis job very well.

I can't agree with any of that. If he'd have put in that performance in our midfield then he'd be getting a lot of praise. Won the ball back plenty, kept the game ticking over, barely lost the ball really. He was the best Belgium player for me.

When you say he held the ball too long, I think you were watching a different game to me. He played a lot of first time passes and one-twos. If he'd have been giving that ball to a more dangerous winger, which is the role our midfielders do, then he'd have done bis job very well.

I'd ignore Brwned, he seems to just be going against popular opinion today in attempt to start some kind of debate.

Along with Witsel he pretty much ran the game today in midfield, with Gerrard (MOTM haha) and Parker chasing shadows. I'd expect he had far more touches than anyone else on the pitch and seldom gave it away. The problem was upfront. The 3 front men were interchanging and looking the ball to feet all game, with no runs in behind or no target man to hit long to. It meant we didnt really see any incisive passing from him. I've still seen him play much better, i'd have prefered him to seize the initiative a bit more running at the England defence and take a bit more risks, given that the front 3 weren't doin anythin.

I Preferred Witsel.. Still think him or Garcia should be our number one midfield targets. Would bring great physical presence along with good ball retention.

I'd ignore Brwned, he seems to just be going against popular opinion today in attempt to start some kind of debate.

Saying Dembele's not all that is an unpopular opinion. Hmm. Worth reading through this thread again, I reckon, because I'm far from the only one. He passed it about aimlessly. Yes he moved the ball on but he's the most creative player in that midfield three, he's there to find the attackers in good positions and it was rarely him that did that. Fellaini did that more than he did, and that's saying something. He might make a lot of tackles but he's bypassed in the midfield quite easily and if he's doing nothing constructive at the other end then he's not all that, as far as I'm concerned. Belgium weren't very good and nor was he.

Also unimpressed and is it only me who noticed he lost the ball that lead to england's goal?

Also unimpressed and is it only me who noticed he lost the ball that lead to england's goal?

Nope. A lot of people are overlooking it as he has been linked with Chelsea. Therefore (according to caf logic), he has to be brilliant.

Of course we're overlooking it. What difference does one mistake make when we're assessing a player we've seen all season in the premiership. I don't even think it was that bad a mistake tbh, as much the fault of the lad who gave him the pass when he had his back to Gerrard and Parker both closing in on him.

Where does he play? Is there any reliable source that links him to us?

For some reason I didn't realise he was such a big, strong cnut until tonight's game. Thought he did well. Interesting player. Jinky feet but likes to throw his weight around too.

Mind you, I've always had doubts about Fellaini but the shitness of Parker et al made him look like a world-beater so it's not a great game to judge his team-mate.

I like Dembele. Very strong, decent passing range (even if he keeps it simple), good in keeping possession as well. I've seen a fair bit of Fulham this season and would think he could compliment Carrick quite well. Not sure if the reports we're interested/putting in a bid are to believed though.

Saying Dembele's not all that is an unpopular opinion. Hmm. Worth reading through this thread again, I reckon, because I'm far from the only one. He passed it about aimlessly. Yes he moved the ball on but he's the most creative player in that midfield three, he's there to find the attackers in good positions and it was rarely him that did that. Fellaini did that more than he did, and that's saying something. He might make a lot of tackles but he's bypassed in the midfield quite easily and if he's doing nothing constructive at the other end then he's not all that, as far as I'm concerned. Belgium weren't very good and nor was he.

I thought he was ok but agree with your poiint about him on the ball, we already have Carrick doing the save thing, what we really need is someone who can create the play from midfield as Carrick's partner.

I thought he was ok but agree with your poiint about him on the ball, we already have Carrick doing the save thing, what we really need is someone who can create the play from midfield as Carrick's partner.

Totally different to Carrick on the ball. He's a ball carrier, and dynamic. Can also pass it. Similar to Anderson actually who everything thought complemented Carrick pretty well season before this one mainly.

He's more like Anderson without the big belly and over hit passes