Moussa Dembele

So in other words, you agree. Being happy that we sign Dembele and Baines would be the happiest you'll be all season

I guess you better enjoy it while you can
Where are the shit irrelevant numbers that accompany most of your posts. Why aren't you quoting Opta's Happiness Quotient.

You must be joking? Two average PL players, one promising player from the Bundesliga and one for the future? When you have a big hole in CM?

It cant be that big a hole if we were 30 seconds away from winning the league last season with the same midfield.

I think I'd cry.

Ah come on now, we're hardly that bad. As above we'd more injuries than anyone last season and lost the league in the last minute on goal difference. We'd have addressed a couple of problem positions and would have 2-3 signings of significant potential to add to the whats already an excellent squad.

It cant be that big a hole if we were 30 seconds away from winning the league last season with the same midfield.

Ah come on now, we're hardly that bad. As above we'd more injuries than anyone last season and lost the league in the last minute on goal difference. We'd have addressed a couple of problem positions and would have 2-3 signings of significant potential to add to the whats already an excellent squad.

We're crying out for a world class performer in the centre of the park to compliment our strength everywhere else on the pitch (left back being the excpetion).

City will be stronger, make no mistake about it. Chelsea will be stronger...

We are desperate for that player. Dembele just isn't it.

He is the sum of our ambitions - we are not going to spend the £25m plus on a midfielder with £5m plus a year.

We're crying out for a world class performer in the centre of the park to compliment our strength everywhere else on the pitch (left back being the excpetion).

City will be stronger, make no mistake about it. Chelsea will be stronger...

We are desperate for that player. Dembele just isn't it.

Who is that player? Is he available, does he represent value and does he want to come here? I can only think of Martinez, Modric and De Rossi. The first 2 seem to have eyes for elsewhere, and the latter probably isn't available. Dembele's young, gifted, ambitious, has a lot of potential. should be available, and shouldn't be that costly. I'd have him here.

Does anyone think he would really improve our team?

Honestly?

After five years, my position is very close to being any central midfielder = improve our squad.

But more seriously, I'm not that convinced he's a top four player - though I have liked him right from when he came on against us in the 2-2 at the Cottage a couple of years back.

After five years, my position is very close to being any central midfielder = improve our squad.

But more seriously, I'm not that convinced he's a top four player - though I have liked him right from when he came on against us in the 2-2 at the Cottage a couple of years back.

I'd say that was also said about mid tier premier league players like Saha, Berg, Yorke, Valencia and Young before they signed. We just don't know how they'll fare until they get that chance.

I'd say that was also said about mid tier premier league players like Saha, Berg, Yorke, Valencia and Young before they signed. We just don't know how they'll fare until they get that chance.

Berg might be comparable...sort of. The rest stood out at their clubs as big talents far more than Dembele.

He's a converted striker who had one good season in midfield. That is it.

Berg might be comparable...sort of. The rest stood out at their clubs as big talents far more than Dembele.

I'm not saying he'd be a guaranteed hit at United, just that i can see why we'd be sniffing around him. The ability is definately there and i would say also the potential to improve significantly further. Anyway, we'll wait and see.

Dembele is not being bought to "dictate tempo" or any such requests, that is carrick / scholes job.

Dembele will be in midfield when we play 4-3-3 to help retain posession and provide a forward thinking threat from deep.

I'm not saying he'd be a guaranteed hit at United, just that i can see why we'd be sniffing around him. The ability is definately there and i would say also the potential to improve significantly further. Anyway, we'll wait and see.

I'm not saying he couldn't be a success here and up his game.

I'd just be careful of pinning our midfield hopes on a value signing who has had one good 6 or so months in the Premier League who was, up until jol changed his position, a striker.

He very much reminds me of valencia in that regards.

He is playing at a level below because of his surroundings, get him amongst scholesy etc and he will fly i think.

Dembele is not being bought to "dictate tempo" or any such requests, that is carrick / scholes job.

Dembele will be in midfield when we play 4-3-3 to help retain posession and provide a forward thinking threat from deep.

Kagawa can do that.

Dembele would be someone who can help from deeper and carry the ball forward like we hoped Anderson would with dribbling.

He's someone who always had good ability, the one drawback was that for a striker he wasnt scoring consistantly enough. If he had fixed that the top clubs would have come in for him

Being played further back in central midfield negated that one problem and allowed his full skillset to shine.

The only stat any of us are interested in right now is how many trophies you're going to win this year
And how many did you win last year? And how many do you think you're likely to win this year with average players like Baines and Dembele.

Yes absolutely - a fair point that I agree with. I'm just nowhere near as sure as a few others seem to be that he'd make the step-up with as much certainty; as I say I do rate him but it's still a big step from Fulham.

Baines is mediocre, it's not a WUM it's a facht. In his big game of the season he was crucified by Downing who outpaced and outskilled him all day.

Gibbs is atrociously shit, I don't like Baines and I don't want him to sign for United but I still think he's better than both Santos and Gibbs.It shouldn't even be debated.

Gibbs is atrociously shit, I don't like Baines and I don't want him to sign for United but I still think he's better than both Santos and Gibbs.

This. I'm no Baines fan but he's miles better than Gibbs and Santos.

That said, Pete already knows that. At least this has kept him entertained for the last couple hours of his shift though... :smirk:

As for Dembele, wtf is it with you people and not understanding depth for feck sake? If we do buy him he wont be "that player" just someone solid to win the ball for us. Like a poor mans Toure, I happen to think he is a better option that Tiote who most on here seem to wank over.

Gibbs is on about the same level as Rafael, a talented player, great going forward with a lot to learn defensively. Santos is a bit of a maverick, he won us two games last season at Chlsea and at WBA, despite looking more King Tubby than Anderson. Baines is so midtable it's untrue.

This. I'm no Baines fan but he's miles better than Gibbs and Santos.

That said, Pete already knows that. At least this has kept him entertained for the last couple hours of his shift though... :smirk:
He really isn't. The caf is the evil twin of procrastination though.

And how many did you win last year? And how many do you think you're likely to win this year with average players like Baines and Dembele.

We`ll win more than you lot. Instead of worrying about us signing Baines and Dembele, worry about whether your lot can keep hold of RVP.

You`ll hold onto him just like you claimed last summer Nasri and Fabregas were going to stay. Oh wait....

As for Dembele, wtf is it with you people and not understanding depth for feck sake? If we do buy him he wont be "that player" just someone solid to win the ball for us. Like a poor mans Toure, I happen to think he is a better option that Tiote who most on here seem to wank over.

That's the issue we're discussing though. I'd be concerned if he was our only purchase in that area.

Gibbs is on about the same level as Rafael, a talented player, great going forward with a lot to learn defensively. Santos is a bit of a maverick, he won us two games last season at Chlsea and at WBA, despite looking more King Tubby than Anderson. Baines is so midtable it's untrue.

I think he is behind Rafael in terms of development right now but with similar potential. I think he is underrated on here.

As for Dembele, wtf is it with you people and not understanding depth for feck sake? If we do buy him he wont be "that player" just someone solid to win the ball for us. Like a poor mans Toure, I happen to think he is a better option that Tiote who most on here seem to wank over./QUOTE]

:confused: not sure about that Rams. never seen one person wank over his signing. I agree he's a worse option. Dont want either.

He very much reminds me of valencia in that regards.

He is playing at a level below because of his surroundings, get him amongst scholesy etc and he will fly i think.

The thing is that he's meant to replace Scholes.