Moussa Dembele

A £4 million player who regularly took the fight out of your whole team with his contributions in matches. Doesnt say much for your lot

He's been crap from the get-go, basically a £4M player who should have been playing for a midtable team. That game was just a recent technicolor exemplar of it.

He obviously hasn't though, otherwise Fergie would've shipped him off like he does almost immediately with pretty much all crap players we sign. Instead, he's been here for 7 years, and he's continuously started him against all the top, quality sides. Arsenal, too.

Basically, pretty much every United fan on the planet will acknowledge that he's been a great signing (having watched his every game), Fergie has played him in 90% of the big games since he's come here whilst keeping him for stated period of time, yet you - some random, bitter Arsenal fan off RedCafe who won't have seen him as much as we have - think he's always been crap. It's just a pretty bizarre view, really.

He's been crap from the get-go, basically a £4M player who should have been playing for a midtable team. That game was just a recent technicolor exemplar of it.

I hate Park but even I would say that's not true.
Very good to decent first two thirds of his United career - pretty shocking since then.

I hate Park but even I would say that's not true.
Very good to decent first two thirds of his United career - pretty shocking since then.

Arguably his best season for us came in that last third of his career, though. Averaged a goal every 2.5 games or so in 10/11 in the league, set up the crucial first goal v Chelsea in the league and scored another crucial goal in the CL game v Chelsea to win us the tie, scored the only goal against Arsenal in the league, scored both goals in the 2-1 win v Wolves (one of which was a 90th minute winner)...so really what you're saying is he's had a poor season.

So Park is shit, yet he's scored 5(?) goals against Arsenal, so far in his United career. That really doesn't say much about any of the Arsenal teams over the past 7 years :lol::lol:

Arguably his best season for us came in that last third of his career, though. Averaged a goal every 2.5 games or so in 10/11 in the league, set up the crucial first goal v Chelsea in the league and scored another crucial goal in the CL game v Chelsea to win us the tie, scored the only goal against Arsenal in the league, scored both goals in the 2-1 win v Wolves (one of which was a 90th minute winner)...so really what you're saying is he's had a poor season.

Spot on. 2010/11 was his best season by a margin. Fecking typical it got interrupted by a mid-season tournament and subsequent injury.

storey is such a parody of a WUM now, he doesn't even try anymore.

No, personally I look beyond just the fact he gets on the scoresheet. Anyway, said my piece on him in Park thread. On this occasion, I came to defend him, sort of. Plus this is a dembele thread so sorry for adding to the diversion.

"Hate" is a pretty harsh word AK.

You can hate to see his name on the team sheet, but actually hating him? Not rating him is fine, it's just the hate thing people have a problem with.

Come into this thread to read about Moussa Dembele and find an argument about Park Ji Sung. Is there a thread in this place actually about the subject in the title?

How do you let a shit player consistently score against you? What does it say about Arsenal when Park is able to run 40 yards and score against you lot? Maybe you should recalibrate your definition of crap here.

Come into this thread to read about Moussa Dembele and find an argument about Park Ji Sung. Is there a thread in this place actually about the subject in the title?

In fairness, because of the prejudice against opening new threads, and the resulting staleness, a lot of opinion on the Cafe doesn't get expressed. People take the opportunity where they find it.

Like me. Now. Here. :)

How do you let a shit player consistently score against you? What does it say about Arsenal when Park is able to run 40 yards and score against you lot? Maybe you should recalibrate your definition of crap here.

Storey's either on a WUM, or he's got some bent up complex about United having players with actual testicles that dick on Arsenal's collection of benders each time the two player each other.

In fairness, because of the prejudice against opening new threads, and the resulting staleness, a lot of opinion on the Cafe doesn't get expressed. People take the opportunity where they find it.

So prejudice prevents people from expressing their thoughts on Park Ji Sung in a thread about Park Ji Sung, meaning the only place to express their thoughts on Park Ji Sung is a transfer thread about Moussa Dembele. Interesting theory.

I'm not sure that's the case. At all. There's too many old threads being bumped and not enough new, constructive threads being made.

So prejudice prevents people from expressing their thoughts on Park Ji Sung in a thread about Park Ji Sung, meaning the only place to express their thoughts on Park Ji Sung is a transfer thread about Moussa Dembele. Interesting theory.

Interesting retort. But I don't think you understood my point.

There'd be less crossover if there was a greater volume of discussion on the Cafe. Just as people would be less likely to lust after the 45 y.o. secretary if she wasn't the only woman at the remote Antarctic research station.

Saying that renties and us have registered a bid. Is that true.

Park is not the most technically player United but his work rate and versatility had served us well. At 4m+ he was a steal.

He's a strange player, he is brilliant on the ball, good passing range, comfortable in tight spaces, but he very rarely does anything other than play short passes and make the play tick over. Didn't he used to play upfront?

He's a strange player, he is brilliant on the ball, good passing range, comfortable in tight spaces, but he very rarely does anything other than play short passes and make the play tick over. Didn't he used to play upfront?

Sounds like you're describing quite a player. I'm not entirely decided about Dembele, didn't pay much attention to him this season and he's looked ok in this game although he had his pocket picked in the build up to England's goal which aint great.

Oh dear, you poor guy/girl. Supposed to like everyone who plays for the club am I?
Would rather make my own judgements with my own eyes and decide if I like a player or not.
Sorry if that offends you.

Parks been an unsung hero, always gave his all even if sometimes his touch and ability in front of goal where not all that and the bag of chips per se. Never a bad word to say about the club and at four mil was a fecking bargain for what we have gotten in return.

He's been a big game player and is pretty reliable in those instances when called upon. I bet your were probably one of the kind who slagged off fletch in the early years for not being a Roy Keane. Sadly your judgement is also fecktard'ed