Moussa Dembele

If we sign Kagawa, I don't see why we're in for this guy?

He's a proper midfielder, I mentioned near the end of the season that I'd love him here.

I like him as a player, but is he a proper midfielder? He seems more attacking, especially knowing that he was converted from a striker. Granted I probably only saw him about 5 times this year so he may be more of a proper center midfielder than I thought.

What position does he actually play? We don't need another attacking midfielder if we get Kagawa.

I like him as a player, but is he a proper midfielder? He seems more attacking, especially knowing that he was converted from a striker. Granted I probably only saw him about 5 times this year so he may be more of a proper center midfielder than I thought.

What position does he actually play? We don't need another attacking midfielder if we get Kagawa.

Plays much deeper than the like of Kagawa, he's been converted into a proper CM and I rate him very very highly. Excellent dribbling, big, strong.

apparently chelsea are interested too.....must be a good player then...

------Carrick----Dembele------
------------Kagawa-----------
Nani---------------------Young
------------Rooney------------

I could see that being a very exciting team, if we had got Hazard then it would have been even more fluid and sexual.

Would be a good signing, but not sure he's 'the answer' to our midfield worries.

He's okay, but not top class, imo. Has shown great development this season, maybe he'll improve, but certainly doesn't have hte long passing skills of a Modric, Scholes or Carrick.

I think he was converted into midfield given he is not prolific enough upfront. Have to say he has been surprisingly impressive as an attacking-minded CM. Still has to work on the defensive side, but his superb close control when bursting forward with the ball is really exciting.

Quality player. Would be a great signing to provide some drive from midfield.

No he doesn't. Anyone who actually watched Fulham in the second half of the season would know that Dembele played as part of a midfield 2 and not off the striker.

I think he'd be a brilliant aquisition for a top side, and probably a more reliable bet for us than Anderson long term. Similar to Anderson, Dembele doesn't score and assist as much as a player of his ability should, but i think thats more down to Fulhams direct long ball style of play not getting the best out of his qualities. He actually does have a pretty good shot on him from distance, and has come close a number of times to adding to his goal tally. I think he'd be similar to the Valencia signing, who also had a poor goal/assist return, but benefitted from playing around better players.

Unlike Anderson, i think we could rely on him to last 90 minutes, and stay fit for a sustained period of time. He would give us similar drive in midfield, but would give us better ball retention. He never ever seems to lose the ball when dribbling with it. He would give us increased mobility in midfield, and still do his best to help out defensively, though thats not really where he's at his best.

Bring it on i hope.

I've been very impressed by his technical abilities and creativity. Will he be a top class CM who can play in a 2 man midfield though? I haven't seen enough of him, but the times I have seen him he's been in more advanced positions.

I've been very impressed by his technical abilities and creativity. Will he be a top class CM who can play in a 2 man midfield though? I haven't seen enough of him, but the times I have seen him he's been in more advanced positions.

As mentioned above, he played in a 2 man midfield for the second half of last season. It was in there that he really impressed me. We need something in midfield as we all know and I'd be delighted with him, lots of potential if he moved to a club like ours.

Awesome, would be a great purchase and cant see it being too expensive.

Could easily play alongside Carrick in a two, fantastic dribbler and could provide some much needed drive from deep. With another years experience in the centre he'll improve further defensively, he's got the physical attributes to really impose himself in midfield.

Would be a very shrewd signing.

Heard a rumour that when lukaku was talking about the Belgians he hopes to play with at Chelsea in the next couple of years, while on international duty this week, he said dembele along with those already signed up before correcting himself.
Might have let something slip he shouldnt have...
This was said to a Belgian journalist

Would be a good signing, but not sure he's 'the answer' to our midfield worries.

He's okay, but not top class, imo. Has shown great development this season, maybe he'll improve, but certainly doesn't have hte long passing skills of a Modric, Scholes or Carrick.

More of an Anderson type who could be a very sensible midfield utility player, any further development would be a bonus. Value signing if there ever was one.

Heard a rumour that when lukaku was talking about the Belgians he hopes to play with at Chelsea in the next couple of years, while on international duty this week, he said dembele along with those already signed up before correcting himself.
Might have let something slip he shouldnt have...
This was said to a Belgian journalist

Yet the reporter decided to keep it quiet, nice of him.

Dembele could be a Valencia type signing where everyone thinks he is coming to be a sqaud player only to do a Valencia and become a monster soon after. That would be great as Levy will ask for double what Modric is worth from us and Dembele might turn out to be just as good as the little Croatian. I really hope Fergie can unearth a real bargain gem over the summer as we really need one. Its probably Kwadwo Asamoah or Dembele that we will go for and most certainly not both!

Big strong lad with nice technique certainly work. How long has he got left on his fulham contract? he wouldn't be extortionate fee wise? 10 maybe 12 mil at most perhaps?

Could also be end the end of ando, this lad his very similar qualities and doesn't seem to get injured even half as much.

Dembele, Kagawa and Baines hmmmmm not bad business overall if we see all three coming. They could all bring something to the team.

------Carrick----Dembele------
------------Kagawa-----------
Nani---------------------Young
------------Rooney------------

I could see that being a very exciting team, if we had got Hazard then it would have been even more fluid and sexual.

You left out our best player.

I saw something that surprised me the other day, think it was on ESPN website or something like that, but Dembele was one of the top players for amounts of tackle in the league this season. Not sure if it was correct though.

I've said before that I'd like him here. He'd be a good option in midfield.

I think he was converted into midfield given he is not prolific enough upfront. Have to say he has been surprisingly impressive as an attacking-minded CM. Still has to work on the defensive side, but his superb close control when bursting forward with the ball is really exciting.

Sorry but "Westlife4ever" :lol::lol:

Quote from dembele posted on fulhamsfinest.com twitter,dunno how true it is :

"Manchester United? I can't say any more about that at this time." Sounds like something is definitely in the works.

Oh no :(

I've been very critical of him in the past, and I'm still not entirely convinced, but the lad has started to win me over(probably because it's silly season and I want us to sign someone, but still).

For a player who's only played as a central midfielder for half a season, I think he looks fairly comfortable. His main strengths are his ball retention, short passing, and his ability to wriggle out of tight spaces plus run at players with the ball. Got a nice eye for a through ball as well.

He's obviously a wasteful player in attacking areas, which is why he isn't being played as a forward or AM anymore.