Moussa Dembele

I think they would murder us in the middle of the park with that combo unless we managed to recreate paul scholes and Roy Keane in their prime and made them play with Carrick and Cleverly masks on. Even then we might still get overpowered at times :nervous:

So now that there are City rumours he is Maradona?

No. Not quite what I said.

We've already found it incredibly difficult to play against Yaya, let alone Dembele. Both together would be disastrous for us. Our weakness at the moment seems to be playing against a player who has a massive amount of physical presence. The two...together....Dear God. Sounds pessimistic of me - but I'll be honest, I'd hate to face a midfield trio of:

Dembele Yaya
Silva​

No. Not quite what I said.

We've already found it incredibly difficult to play against Yaya, let alone Dembele. Both together would be disastrous for us. Our weakness at the moment seems to be playing against a player who has a massive amount of physical presence. The two...together....Dear God. Sounds pessimistic of me - but I'll be honest, I'd hate to face a midfield trio of:

Dembele Yaya
Silva​

So we have problems against physically strong midfielders - yaya, fellaini, Dembele and also against ones who push us back.

Is our midfield so bad?

Any links going I cant see anything anywhere yet?

If thats the case we should definately be vying for his signature, him and Yaya would be fecking sick with regards to power alone in the midfield never mind the explosive drive that he could add on top of that.

Apprently all bollocks. Mistake by someone at SkySports apprently. Signing for Spurs today by all accounts.

So we have problems against physically strong midfielders - yaya, fellaini, Dembele and also against ones who push us back.

Is our midfield so bad?

I'm not one of the "OUR MIDFIELD IS SHIT" brigade. I actually think our midfield is pretty talent, but we do lack that slab of steel that could "lock horns with Toure"*. But clearly, our weakness is big, strong, physical midfielders. Every midfield has it's weakness - and that is our weakness. All I'm saying is a midfield of Dembele and Toure would be unbelieveable. Steel, creavitity, pace, strength, technique, attacking threat and playmaking abilities. Not much wrong with that to be fair.

With that being said, it seems the Dembele medical at City was bullshit so talking about Dembele-Toure partnership seems a bit pointless now :D

*Not sure how many times over the past week I've used that phrase :lol:

Is our midfield so bad?

A question for another thread. But we do get frequently overran.

I like Dembele. Was very impressed with him when we played Fulham last season. I think we need a physical presence in midfield and if that player can distribute the ball well then all the better.

Dembele is no world beater - but at times he looked like it on Saturday. I'd say that tells you a lot about where our midfield is in terms of strength and depth.

Seen at spurs training ground having his medical, seems as though nobody will hijack the deal...

Yet another carrick / modric deal i feel here.

BREAKING NEWS: Tottenham complete £15m Dembele signing

Wouldn't be surprised if VDV leaves now. Then if they bring in another defensive minded midfielder like M'villa, then they can play 4231

Parker M'Villa/Sandro
Lennon Dembele Bale
Adebayor

Not bad.

ah feck off, fecking spuds like, FFS another fecking year without a bit of clout in the middle deadly!!!! I look forward to having Dembele trounce us again this time with better players around him, wathcing Yaya butt feck us as per usual and Fellaini to just foul his way to having a cracking game.

Wouldn't be surprised if VDV leaves now. Then if they bring in another defensive minded midfielder like M'villa, then they can play 4231

Parker M'Villa/Sandro
Lennon Dembele Bale
Adebayor

Not bad.

But but, they have to use Dembele deeper on the pitch. If VDV leaves in his place should play Gylfi while Dembele in the center of midfield. And, if M'Villa goes there he should be standard, he is infinitely better than Parker.

So:

M'Villa Dembele

Lennon Gylfi/VDV Bale

Adebayor

Could Hamburg come in for Van Der Vaart now, they are certainly interested to get him back.

I like Dembélé a lot as a player, but IMO someone like M'Vila is what we lack most in midfield. Someone can rotate with Carrick, while not leaving us over exposed in midfield area.

Time will tell. Either its another masterstroke by Fergie or another told you so.

If fours years of being injured and exceedingly inconsistant constitues doing well so far and makes him still look super duper promising then I dont know what your smoking. :wenger:

Ando will leave our club next summer I reckon unless he has the season to destroy all seasons, now do you seriously believe he is gonna turn it aound in such dramatic fashion this year, cos frankly Ive lost hope in em.

I will repeat it again just so we are clear, 4 years of feckin around and being injured, crashing cars having parties and not knucking down and getting on with the football side of things and looking after himself.

What a professional, for all the talk of Nani being big headed etc this lads some chump. Signing someone like Dembele or fecking anyone for that matter in midfield would have made him ''hopefully'' knuckle down and realise feck me I could be off and end up playing in some shit 2nd rate league if I dont get stuck in and sort this shit out.

KanieKaned, just for posterity, what exactly has Dembele done so far in his career, since he's now 25, to be considered more promising than Anderson?

I'm not saying Anderson will definitely make it, but it seems the Dembele hype is borne out of a few good performances over the space of a season or so. Wasn't Anderson putting in these type of performances at 19?

If Dembele had had a shit game against us, it would be interesting to see just how different the reaction to his transfer would have been.

KanieKaned, just for posterity, what exactly has Dembele done so far in his career, since he's now 25, to be considered more promising than Anderson?

I'm not saying Anderson will definitely make it, but it seems the Dembele hype is borne out of a few good performances over the space of a season or so. Wasn't Anderson putting in these type of performances at 19?

Folk are frustrated with our midfield getting walked through. I can relate to that. Dembele looks a very solid player, but he still has a fair bit to prove. At the price paid Spurs could well have a bargain.

Anderson has had some serious ups and downs here, which hasn't helped with a change of position. Dembele has dealt with his positional change rather well, Anderson with more difficulty.

Ferguson seems to have given him this season to have a go, and I sincerely hope he proves the doubters (like myself) wrong.

If Dembele had had a shit game against us, it would be interesting to see just how different the reaction to his transfer would have been.

I think that is fair. But he has impressed against us on more than one occasion. He is a different sort of midfielder than what we have. He has a real physical presence, can take players on and seems to be able to influence play at both ends of the pitch.

He is posibly a far better player than I gave him credit for, he may well prove to be a player who can't turn it on at a bigger club.

I was impressed with him last season, and he's built on that thus far. I can see why folk think we should be in for him. Not the end of the world we don't have him...but I'd be concerned should we not be in the market for a player of this ilk. Only because I can see our midfield being over run.

Just my two cents worth.