Moussa Dembele

Anyone got Fergie's number so I can ask him why we didn't sign him?

They must of looked at him with the display against us, would love to know the reason why we didn't because looking in from the outside it's mind boggling.

He's quality and he and Sandro looked an unshakable unit in the first half. The second half was much different of course but I think its clear Spurs were just looking to sit back and defend their lead

I'm surprised people think he had a good game. I thought he was a bit average and didn't really get involved. In the second half we absolutely dominated him with our pressing. Wasn't even amongst Spurs' top 3 best players.

He and Sandro just completed 8 passes in the second half, he was made to look thoroughly average in the second half.

He's still learning the CM role, but the potential is there for all to see. Really should have signed him.

He and sandro gave us a rough time in the first half. In the second we stuck touch tight to dembele for the entire half and sometimes doubled up on him and it helped in choking the feck out of spurs for the duration. Shame we just couldn't finish off all of our chances.

He is someone who is going to show flashes of brilliance but imo never do enough to be in the bracket of top midfielders.

We have played him twice so far this season and he has done nothing to change my opinion.

He bossed the midfield because of our shitty tactics and shape in the first half, not because hes better than our midfielders. When we changed it up in the second half he didnt do anything at all. He would not improve our first 11 one bit.

Superb again last night on his first game back from Injury.

If only we were lacking in midfield and required a player with technical ability and a physical presence.

Still, I suppose we can try andpay Spurs treble what they paid for him next summer.

I think Anderson's showing he does everything Dembele does, and he's still over a year younger than him. Never mind the 1 1/2 to 2 years of development he missed out on through major injuries.

I think Anderson's showing he does everything Dembele does, and he's still over a year younger than him. Never mind the 1 1/2 to 2 years of development he missed out on through major injuries.

Agreed. Anderson is not far behind in most areas and is more adventurous with his passing. When on form, he's more likely to create chances by driving forward and playing a killer pass. It's just the consistency he's missed so far, that's Dembélé's biggest strength compared to Anderson.

The problem with Dembele is his clever turns and runs doesn't amount to anything, ever.

He's the least productive midfield player I've seen for one with such great ability and physical presence.

He'll always dally on the ball for too long or play a underhit pass or choose the wrong option rather than actually doing anything useful with the ball after initially doing well.

Good dribbler, god physical presence - not much of an actual midfielder.

He's a great player, he'd be doing a lot more for City than Yaya Toure this season if they had him, particularly when employed as one of the holding two midfielders.

He's a great player, he'd doing a lore more for City than Yaya Toure this season if they had him, particularly when employed as one of the holding two midfielders.

:lol:

You can not be serious.

If so, I understand why you think Fergie's a master at picking central midfield partnerships.

:lol:

You can not be serious.

If so, I understand why you think Fergie's a master at picking central midfield partnerships.

Yaya has been shit this season.

You're quite hurt about me bumping your thread aren't you? Leave it alone.

Sandro and Dembele have made the most tackles of any midfield combination in the league.

Most people will say thats because of Sandro. They'd be wrong. Dembele has made more.

So far this season Anderson's defensive contribution has been minimal

Sandro and Dembele have made the most tackles of any midfield combination in the league.

Most people will say thats because of Sandro. They'd be wrong. Dembele has made more.

So far this season Anderson's defensive contribution has been minimal

Yeah, I think the Anderson/Dembele comparison may be a tad misplaced IMO. Dembeles role this year has been similar to that of Yaya, when he plays next to Barry, Ramires, or Khedira. I'm not sure if Anderson fits that category?

The problem with Dembele is his clever turns and runs doesn't amount to anything, ever.

He's the least productive midfield player I've seen for one with such great ability and physical presence.

He'll always dally on the ball for too long or play a underhit pass or choose the wrong option rather than actually doing anything useful with the ball after initially doing well.

Good dribbler, god physical presence - not much of an actual midfielder.

3 United players have created more (4 if you include Buttner's one start) and none of them are central midfielders.

Whenever I watch him he seems so mediocre. I understand why people might have wanted us to sign him, given our central midfield, but he really wouldn't be the solution in my opinion. Always gets caught in possession and never really makes anything happen, despite looking quite pleasing to the eye on occasion. He wouldn't be a significant upgrade on Anderson or Cleverley in the middle - Spurs is his level.

Whenever I watch him he seems so mediocre. I understand why people might have wanted us to sign him, given our central midfield, but he really wouldn't be the solution in my opinion. Always gets caught in possession and never really makes anything happen, despite looking quite pleasing to the eye on occasion. He wouldn't be a significant upgrade on Anderson or Cleverley in the middle - Spurs is his level.

Has been disposessed 0.2 more times per game than Anderson this season.

13 appearances (plus three sub-appearances) in all competitions this year. 1 goal, 2 assists. 1,3 key passes per game(which would put him on par with Robert Snodgrass, Grant Holt, Daniel Fox etc and behind players like Mark Noble and Park Ji-Sung in terms of KP per game).

So what excactly is your point? That our central midfielders have been not very creative this season? That's true. Anything else?

13 appearances (plus three sub-appearances) in all competitions this year. 1 goal, 2 assists. 1,3 key passes per game(which would put him on par with Robert Snodgrass, Grant Holt, Daniel Fox etc and behind players like Mark Noble and Park Ji-Sung in terms of KP per game).

So what excactly is your point? That our central midfielders have been not very creative this season? That's true. Anything else?

Your criticism seems weird when he's done more than our midfielders. Especially the least productive part, unless you consider him far more gifted than Anderson.

What has Cleverley made happen? He's not exactly that creative a player. Spurs are like us though, the midfielders are there to keep it tidy and give the ball to the wingers to do the damage. That's what Dembele does.

Your criticism seems weird when he's done more than our midfielders. Especially the least productive part, unless you consider him far more gifted than Anderson.

I don't think he's a better midfielder than Anderson or Cleverley, no. On par at best. And both Cleverley and Anderson are better in terms of making the right choice on the ball.

Put him in our side alongside Carrick and we'd still have a solid but unspectacular midfield. I think arguably Anderson/Carrick's the better partnership out of those options even.

It's not that he's a poor player by any means, I just don't think he's good enough to warrant all the hype he's getting.

You can't judge a player's contribution on stats alone. That said, he's settling in to a new club and just back from injury. It's hardly a surprise he's not at his best.

He also bossed, or atleast performed better than, all of our midfielders when we played Fulham earlier this season, a midfield consisting of Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson.