Moussa Dembele

He definitely hasn't lost pace. He's still bloody quick. He was just offered a ridiculous amount of space there. What he has to work on is his end product after the driving run.

What he and TC both have to work on is their defending. We play a pair more often than not, and those 2 together as good as they are going forward, leave us extremely vulnerable in midfield.

Fulham had only 40% possession, yet still managed 11 shots on target, same amount as we had despite us having 60% of the ball. I really don't know what we can do to address it either.

He definitely hasn't lost pace. He's still bloody quick. He was just offered a ridiculous amount of space there. What he has to work on is his end product after the driving run.

Absolutely. Also, he probably needs to gain some more fitness. His abilities on the ball are really good, but his end product is questionable, although we did see some improvement last season before he once again got injured.

£15 million is a good price for a player who can go on to become a regular starter in a top team and a top class player. There isn't a lot of midfielders that would be available for that kind of price, the fact that he's about to hit his prime aswell makes the value of this even better.

What he and TC both have to work on is their defending. We play a pair more often than not, and those 2 together as good as they are going forward, leave us extremely vulnerable in midfield.

Fulham had only 40% possession, yet still managed 11 shots on target, same amount as we had despite us having 60% of the ball. I really don't know what we can do to address it either.

I do.

We need to start playing a back four that includes two central defenders. We also need to hope Vidic regains a semblence of his best form.

I do.

We need to start playing a back four that includes two central defenders. We also need to hope Vidic regains a semblence of his best form.

Vidic really was quite poor, wasn't he? However, we also saw last season that when Cleverley and Anderson play together we score more goals and entertain more, but we are lacking defensively.

I've always maintained that one of the major reasons why Evra looked poor last season was the he got no support from his CM. Carrick was always there to protect the right side, but Evra got little help from Giggs, Scholes or whomever. So it's about having a good backline, we we also need a solid CM pairing. Give the Clev and ando time though.

Vidic really was quite poor, wasn't he? However, we also saw last season that when Cleverley and Anderson play together we score more goals and entertain more, but we are lacking defensively.

I've always maintained that one of the major reasons why Evra looked poor last season was the he got no support from his CM. Carrick was always there to protect the right side, but Evra got little help from Giggs, Scholes or whomever. So it's about having a good backline, we we also need a solid CM pairing. Give the Clev and ando time though.

That particular run of games also featured Phil Jones in central defence. Which invariably caused catastrophic defensive displays last season, with or without Carrick in midfield. The most obvious examples being in Europe.

I do.

We need to start playing a back four that includes two central defenders. We also need to hope Vidic regains a semblence of his best form.[/QUOTE]

We could be waiting a while for that to happen he looks very rusty, but hopefully he can turn it around. Would be a shame if such an injury ruined him. The Big Serbian Beast that he is

Adams was great against United playing for Blackpool.

Just putting it out there.

I started this thread and now I hate it. I feel like a Jewish kid at Christmas again.

Or to be more precise, a kid who is allowed to open all his presents on Christmas Eve and has nothing to open on Christmas morning.

That particular run of games also featured Phil Jones in central defence. Which invariably caused catastrophic defensive displays last season, with or without Carrick in midfield. The most obvious examples being in Europe.

True, true. Phil Jones is a hard one to figure out - a talent no doubt, but I'm not sure about him as a CB. Smalling is much better, imo.

Ando and Clev both cover a lot of ground quickly, but their positional play isn't as good as Carrick, who is actually no slouch either. However, Ando and Clev are much more dynamic and therefore I want them to get more gametime together, even if they are a bit more defensively suspect.

You can't deny Carrick's presence on the pitch, Pogue?

I do.

I agree. I would even prefer a young CB like Wooton played alongside Vidic, and a full strength midfield in front offering at least some protection.

One weak area protected by a full strength midfield is surely preferable to 2 weak areas.

I started this thread and now I hate it. I feel like a Jewish kid at Christmas again.

Or to be more precise, a kid who is allowed to open all his presents on Christmas Eve and has nothing to open on Christmas morning.

:lol:

I feel like the kid, who should be happy getting more presents than expected, but still having that bit of disappointment that i didn't get the one i really wanted, and felt i needed the most! :D

I feel like the kid, who should be happy getting more presents than expected, but still having that bit of disappointment that i didn't get the one i really wanted, and felt i needed the most! :D

True *** :( :lol:

True, true. Phil Jones is a hard one to figure out - a talent no doubt, but I'm not sure about him as a CB. Smalling is much better, imo.

Ando and Clev both cover a lot of ground quickly, but their positional play isn't as good as Carrick, who is actually no slouch either. However, Ando and Clev are much more dynamic and therefore I want them to get more gametime together, even if they are a bit more defensively suspect.

You can't deny Carrick's presence on the pitch, Pogue?

I think Carrick will always be part of our strongest midfield. I just disagree with the idea that leaving him out means we can't defend for toffee.

The midfield 'debate' is just so bloody tiresome at this stage but if Fergie doesn't think we need another body in there I can only assume he's feeling optimistic about Fletcher, who played a full 90 minutes for the reserves last week. Be interesting to see how he gets on tonight. He wouldn't be the first professional sportsman to have a career at the highest level after being diagnosed with UC.

If Fletcher plays as small a part as he did last season then yes, I do worry that we're too reliant on Carrick.

Adams was great against United playing for Blackpool.

Just putting it out there.

Adam also couldn't make it at Rangers, Dembele is a much better player imo. It's starting to annoy me know that people keep inferring that everyone is only interested in Dembele because he played well against us. There were plenty who wanted this signing during the summer and most that didn't claimed that he wasn't even a central midfielder. It wasn't a massive thread, but it was around 15 pages long before last weekend.

There has definitely been an increase in people who have jumped on the Dembele bandwagon since the Fulham game, but that's to be expected because lots of people didn't even realise he could play as a central midfielder, much less excel as one.

Just heard City are in for him, and that a deal is all but agreed. The source isn't reliable.

He'd be extremely dumb to go there.

I think he'll get in alongside Toure. He's better than Barry and De Jong is persistently linked with a move away. Rodwell probably won't be a regular.

Add that to the fact that they can't get De Rossi or Martinez who seemed to be their original targets and itmakes sense. If there's any truth in it whatsoever.

I think he'll get in alongside Toure. He's better than Barry and De Jong is persistently linked with a move away. Rodwell probably won't be a regular.

Add that to the fact that they can't get De Rossi or Martinez who seemed to be their original targets and itmakes sense. If there's any truth in it whatsoever.

Hmm yeah you might have a point. Most importantly he'd probably get paid a shit load of money.
Hope it's not true, City's CM is strong enough already.

Just heard City are in for him, and that a deal is all but agreed. The source isn't reliable.

Any links going I cant see anything anywhere yet?

If thats the case we should definately be vying for his signature, him and Yaya would be fecking sick with regards to power alone in the midfield never mind the explosive drive that he could add on top of that.

Didnt a load of people on the CAF suggest Yaya Toure wouldnt be good enough for United?

Giving Barcelona 24 million for Yaya Toure is crazyyy

He is not what they need. How do they not realise this!

Man City have an ability sign non world class players at world class prices.

They say a fool and his money are soon departed.

Meh.

They'll probably end up letting Robinho go for not very much, dropping De Jong and bringing in Silva and Yaya for tons of money, for not much net benefit.

I heard that Barca are refusing to pay anymore than £25 million for Mascherano, yet have just sold a significantly less talented Toure for £25-30 million

Pfft. Never rated him.

HAving a feeling Dembele will prove the CAF wrong as well when he gets his move to Spurs.

So now that there are City rumours he is Maradona?

I dont think he is implying that Dembele is the next coming of Maradona. I think he means just abandon doing anything in the centre of the park

Didnt a load of people on the CAF suggest Yaya Toure wouldnt be good enough for United?

I seem to recall some did and some didnt, was probably a 50/50 split knowing the drama of here :)

Given the way Dembele was shrugging off our midfielders on Saturday this is one combination I do not want to see us play against.

I would say given that one of the things that has at times held them back is Mancini's preference for 3 DMs, two of those being Yaya and Dembele with an actual DM holding would be ominous.

I dont think he is implying that Dembele is the next coming of Maradona. I think he means just abandon doing anything in the centre of the park

I know, but not too long ago he wasn't worth looking into because no one else was, now we may as well concede the midfield battle as lost. Quite a drastic change IMO.