Moussa Dembele

Deal seems to be done between Fulham and Spurs.

DTGuardian: Tottenham very close to concluding deal for Moussa Dembele from Fulham . . #THFC #FFC

It's confirmed by Sky.. Fulham accepts Spurs bid.

Another player gone for us...

It's hardly been a miserly transfer window

I'd have loved Dembele here, but it was a lot to ask given who we've already signed

Am I clinging at straws to suggest that, if we also had a bid accepted, we would request that Fulham not announce it?

Thought so.

God dammit! No doubt that Fergie is sleeping, thinking he'll bid in the morning. Well he's in for a rude awakening!

I doubt we were ever in for him else we would've definitely met that price.

Agreed - I don't think Sir Alex is the least bit interested in central-midfield :(

Good thing Fergie knows best.

Having to play our midfield against Dembele two more times :mad:

It wasn't down to luck. We had an answer and they were more than lucky with the second goal. I like Dembele as a player I do, but embellishing his performance to make it more than it was is daft. We had plenty of answers for him in the first half. Second half we got it wrong. Actually trying to tackle him would have been something.

Yes i think keeping on getting skinned or bouncing off him as he ran past them tended to put the midfield off from getting too close. Not playing as well second half, gave him the ball far more, and we suffered for it. We could have suffered far more given the chances he created. The Ruiz one at the death was a prime example, an easy header anywhere other than straight at DDG and we would have been ruing 2 points dropped from a very comfortable position.

That is now 3 halves out of 4 where we have been caused all sorts of problems defensively in midfield despite very favorable possession stats for our midfield. While i understand Carrick would normally be there, is this what we can look forward to when he isn't?

The TC and Ando pairing is the best case scenario if Carrick is absent. From what i have seen of it at the start of last season and against Fulham that is not very encouraging defensively at all. I think it was an average of 19 shots per game conceded during their partnership last season and 25 against fulham. 11 of those were on target, which was the same amount as us incidentally, despite us having a 60-40 possession advantage.

Bottom line we are poor defensively and have no physicality in midfield without Carrick. If he is injured we are going to need far more than what we have to stop us being bullied. More power and someone who can keep and carry the ball, and also help compete physically to win it back. Dembele in my view is just the right man for that job. Not ideal admittedly, but a far more reliable and powerful version of Anderson, and far less wasteful. That is why i would want him personally, he would be a much better bet alongside any one of our midfielders than any other Carrick free pairing.

Are you getting paid by the word, Mr apoth sir? :D :D

Go support Chelsea. I think they are your type of club

:lol: Looks like you've still got your noobies grudge against me.

On the Dembele point, he would be a good squad player for us, and not very expensive. Really cannot see why we don't have a bid in for him. Good value signing whoever gets him now.

:lol: Looks like you've still got your noobies grudge against me.

On the Dembele point, he would be a good squad player for us, and not very expensive. Really cannot see why we don't have a bid in for him. Good value signing whoever gets him now.

:confused: I honestly don't remember you. 1st time I took notice of,your posts is when you were slating the side in our very 1st pre season game in July

SSN are leading with Kieran Richardson to Fulham. No mention of Dembele.

What and odd and annoying signing that must be for Fulham fans

Everyone knows Dembele is a striker converted to an attacking midfielder, right?

Yes he's a good player and does put himself about but surely not what we need.

We need someone who can read a game like Carrick and be in the right place at the right time, not just a blood and thunder type.

I think most United fans just want more signings beefing up the midfield. Nothing much more to say, except that Dembele looked like a cheap cost-effective buy for us.

I suppose there is still time for a cheeky bid from United. It's not over till it's over.

Everyone knows Dembele is a striker converted to an attacking midfielder, right?

We need someone who can read a game like Carrick and be in the right place at the right time, not just a blood and thunder type.

Your logic has no place in this thread.

You're right, but what does enable us to do is use Anderson or Cleverly slightly deeper with more options in the attacking role.

Need?! Who cares what we need?!?!

Daddy I want a golden goose and I want it now!!!

This thread's hilarious.

Some right spoilt cnuts in here.

Everyone loves lots of presents, but if there was one specific thing that you had wanted for ages, and probably would have been the most needed, and then you don't get it.....i..?

There's always still a bit of a disappointment in the end, however happy you may be with your other presents.

Let's hope it doesn't cost us too much.

If we bumped Anderson on (Spurs? Please?) I'd have him in a heartbeat, but I'd question whether our squad is getting too big. I'd happily have us pay an extra six or seven million than we get for Anderson on Dembele. Anderson showing no real signs of improvement, whereas Dembele does look good.