Moussa Dembele

A couple different people have told me that we met with Fulham today. I sincerely hope it's true!

I think we'll get him, if we're truly interested. Aside from our prestige, and CL football, we may have a few other things in our favour:

* I doubt Jol would happy to see Levy snare one of his best players, given Jol's history with Spurs.

* Fulham would more likely view Spurs as comparable rivals for league position, rather than United.

* Apparently Spurs have offered 70k p.w. to Dembele; we could offer more.

Just match the offer theres no need to even offer him more in wages and say look at this club versus that club boom. It's up to him then, if he performs well he will get the whopper wages he deserves, mind you 70k ain't too shabby neither.

No he didn't, he played very well against us but I wouldn't consider it him destroying us. I've seen Raul Destroy us, I've seen Romario destroy us, Ronaldo, Xavi, Messi etc.

Dembele may not have destroyed us gambit, but we certainly had no answer to his threat. Had a couple of the very good chances he created second half been finished off better, his contribution could easily have proved far more definitive.

It was certainly more down to luck and some decent shot stopping from DDG, than us actually being able to do anything tangible to prevent him from creating such good openings.

Utd were great in the first half, but without the ball i worry about them. Dembele seemed like he could do what he wanted, when he wanted in midfield, and we could do nothing to stop him getting at our defence. That showed both a very sobering and concerning weakness for me im afraid.

And maybe he'd prefer to stay in London.

That may be a consideration for him, but if we do have an offer on the table and he turned down the chance to play for Manchester United and CL football, a player with that lack of ambition would'nt belong here anyway.

Dembele may not have destroyed us gambit, but we certainly had no answer to his threat. Had a couple of the very good chances he created second half been finished off better, his contribution could easily have proved far more definitive.

It was certainly more down to luck and some decent shot stopping from DDG, than us actually being able to do anything tangible to prevent him from creating such good openings.

Utd were great in the first half, but without the ball i worry about them. Dembele seemed like he could do what he wanted, when he wanted in midfield, and we could do nothing to stop him getting at our defence. That showed both a very sobering and concerning weakness for me im afraid.
It wasn't down to luck. We had an answer and they were more than lucky with the second goal. I like Dembele as a player I do, but embellishing his performance to make it more than it was is daft. We had plenty of answers for him in the first half. Second half we got it wrong. Actually trying to tackle him would have been something.

No he didn't, he played very well against us but I wouldn't consider it him destroying us. I've seen Raul Destroy us, I've seen Romario destroy us, Ronaldo, Xavi, Messi etc.

It's hard for a Fulham player to destroy us like that, though.

I'm not comparing the two performances because Iniesta's was the best I've seen against us, but when Iniesta did dribble past our midfielders for fun he had the likes of Messi and Eto'o to pick out who would make his good work count or at least threaten rather than Fulham players who would end up just giving the ball away. Infact, even Iniesta wouldn't destroy us in that manner if he played for Fulham.

For Fulham players are always going to have moments rather than completely dominate us. Dembele had them. In fact, at the very least he should have been the creator of Fulham's equalizer right at the end where Ruiz missed a great chance.

I blame Modric (and his fee).

Have I missed some confirmation or something? Can't see anything BBC, the Spurs site (seriously does EVERY other club have a better website than United???) and SSN is on league cup duty.

Not that I'm obsessed or anything...

Jol said that Fulham accepted a £15m bid from Spurs.

what people?

It wasnt phelan or dembeles agent by any chance was it?

Lol, I wish. Nobody 'ITK' but a couple different people who wouldn't ever be in a position to talk to each other.

Sounds like they heard bollocks though. :(

If true, then it's a very good move for Spurs. He will give them the drive and technical ability they need from midfield amidst the deeper operating midfielders like Parker, Sandro and Livermore.

i hope ferguson wakes up and gets us a midfielder that we need,

Dembele could be a good buy!

It's not over yet!

Ok, it's over.

Probably the best signing Spurs could make to replace Modric. And for half the money, very good.

Yeah, I see him being a huge success at Spurs.

Sandro-Dembele could be a very difficult midfield two to play against. A lot of power and ability in that duo.

Fulham Comms director Sarah Brooks on twitter:

"Official news on Dembele to follow on website to clarify position."

Jol said that Fulham accepted a £15m bid from Spurs.

That's a steal of a price.

Fulham are going to be fighting relegation if they don't watch it. Ruiz is their only dangerous player now. Especially as Dempsey is all but gone too.

I can only assume we don't have the money to buy him....pity as he would be ideal for our midfield!

I doubt we were ever in for him else we would've definitely met that price.

Can't help but be slightly disappointed because I thought he would be brilliant here and seemed to represent 'value in the market'.

But I like Spurs as a club and would like to see them grab 4th if possible. I think he'll do well there, if that is to be his destination. Just hope it doesn't suddenly turn Spurs into a trickier fixture for us. We've already seen him off once this season!