Moussa Dembele

What's even keeping this thread going? Other than him playing well against us on Saturday.

A combination of blind optimism and absolute desperation to see some improvement in midfield! On my part anyway! :D

I don't think it's just him playing well against us. I think it's because we look so vulnerable in there without the ball. So much possession and control for us when we have it, but in the limited amount of time the opponents have it, they are having just as many opportunities.

I just dread the thought of any length of time without Carrick. TC and Ando are not good defensively, and that's the best case scenario without MC, the other pairings don't even bear thinking about! :eek:

Will have to be double digits I feel before they do business.

Perhaps some add ons like we did with RVP.

yeah, but you start low.
still I think 5 million is a joke, you should atleast put in an initial bid worth building on.
I agree about the add-ons part.

It seems to be how we like doing business come in with a rediculously low bid, talks take ages and someone might even nick him from under our noses as we haggle over a million or two when in reality we could have him signed, sealed and delivered with the righ first bid.

Surely the player himself would prefer to come to United over Spurs? CL, trophies and all that jazz?

That means something these days doesn't it?

Surely the player himself would prefer to come to United over Spurs? CL, trophies and all that jazz?

That means something these days doesn't it?

Maybe so, but I'm sure with Spurs making an offer and Fulham allowing him to talk with sours he's obviously going to do just that because we seemingly haven't done anything to warrant being able to talk to the player.

Not in the squad for tonights game....rested or on the move?

Probably talking T's & C's with Levy this evening as they hope to rush it through. Fergie, finger, get it out!!!!

Almost certainly rested. Had it been a european game, not getting him cup tied wouldve been the first guess, but he is a key player in the league. They are playing a lower division side in the league cup.. rest the key players.

IF we are interested in him I wouldn't be surprised if we went in for him in the same way we did for Jones. If we could let it run until Jan or even next summer on a free (if that is the case) then I think we might be happy enough.

IF we are interested in him I wouldn't be surprised if we went in for him in the same way we did for Jones. If we could let it run until Jan or even next summer on a free (if that is the case) then I think we might be happy enough.

Dembele is an odd one, if somebody had told me pre summer that i'd be more excited at the prospect of signing a Striker turned midfielder from Fulham than last years player of the season in both Germany & England i'd have said you were mad, but I am! I really hope that if we are interested we make a real go of it, he's not a better player than Kagawa or RVP but the way our squad is right now he's a perfect fit, if we brought him in then for the first time in a long while i'd be happy with all areas of our squad.

After saying all that though, he'll end up at Spurs.

Others team might want him badly by then - if theres a chance to get him now, Fergie might strike

Yes and he destroyed us just 3 days ago.

No he didn't, he played very well against us but I wouldn't consider it him destroying us. I've seen Raul Destroy us, I've seen Romario destroy us, Ronaldo, Xavi, Messi etc.

Well all we gotta do now is meet the asking price of 15 mil just like spurs have done and let him decide where he wants to go.

Hopefully we match the spuds bid. If not we will end up buying him for 35 mil in 2yrs.

Well all we gotta do now is meet the asking price of 15 mil just like spurs have done and let him decide where he wants to go.

Hopefully we match the spuds bid. If not we will end up buying him for 35 mil in 2yrs.

Dream on. Fergie is not interested.

Can't see us signing anyone else sadly as Dembele looks like he'd be perfect as we need a driving force and a physical presence in centre mid imo. But can't be too disheartened we have been truly spoiled this window.

Him in, and we would have a fecking brilliant squad that can compete on all trophies at the same time (my understanding why Fergie bought heavily

Dembele would be just :drool: Not at the expense of Nani though.

It wouldn't be at the expense of Nani. If Nani's going, then Nani is going and it would have feck all to do with wether or not we sign Dembele.