Moussa Dembele

One thing is absolutely for sure. He's miles, miles, miles closer to Yaya Toure than Fellaini is. Powerful dribbler who can also tackle and help out defensively.

I was thinking this earlier after seeing how he burnt our midfield on a number of occasions with power and pace it was so reminiscent of what Yaya gives Shitty in the middle of the park.

I'm actually not sure you can stop Dembele doing what he's best at when he plays CM. He's absolutely definitely going to run the ball past a couple of your midfielders when he wants to. With Giggs for example if you were really worried about it you could have your midfielders get tight to him and use strong physical players to lever him off the ball. With Anderson he doesnt have the same finesse, composure and isnt always under the same control and you can force him to go in less threatening directions even if he's able to shield and keep the ball with his strength. With Dembele he's going to dance round players and its not possible to overpower him so you'd either have to stop the ball going to his feet in the first place or defend the pass after he's gone past several of your midfielders.

Also at Madrid or United he'd only look even better than yesterday. He's a class act.

I'm actually not sure you can stop Dembele doing what he's best at when he plays CM. He's absolutely definitely going to run the ball past a couple of your midfielders when he wants to. With Giggs for example if you were really worried about it you could have your midfielders get tight to him and use strong physical players to lever him off the ball. With Anderson he doesnt have the same finesse, composure and isnt always under the same control and you can force him to go in less threatening directions even if he's able to shield and keep the ball with his strength. With Dembele he's going to dance round players and its not possible to overpower him so you'd either have to stop the ball going to his feet in the first place or defend the pass after he's gone past several of your midfielders.

Also at Madrid or United he'd only look even better than yesterday. He's a class act.

Agreed. It was the stamina and power that was most impressive. Not only getting past players going forward, but defensively too. Numerous times he got onto our midfield and bullied them off the ball. He's a complete midfielder.

Was hoping he would score yesterday just to force the transfer before the own goal to be honest.

Sign the fecker. I've rarely seen such a dominant performance by a visiting midfielder at Old Trafford, he was absolute class with his strength, dribbling and ability to win and keep hold of the ball.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it here - he reminds me of Valencia. Not in terms of the style of player he is but rather in terms of the fact he's pretty highly rated at one of the lower Premier League clubs, but a fair amount of people seem unconvinced he could make the step up to a top side. He's very technically gifted but is also lightnig fast and built like a brick shit house, much like our man Antonio. Valencia's now the best winger in the country and if we signed Dembele I wouldn't bet against him developing a similar reputation.

Sign him up!

He's not exactly a replacement for Carrick but I think he'd do a better job as the more defensive midfielder than any of Anderson, Cleverley or Scholes.

If it was ourselves who made a small insulting bid a few months ago, that bodes well as there is an interest there and following that performance yesterday we may go back before deadline. Just hope spurs, arse, city and Madrid done enter the bidding.

The home support singing fergie fergie sign him up might have helped.

Hope we sign him but doubt it very much we'd have Carrick Cleverley Anderson Scholes Giggs Kagawa Jones Powell Fletcher all vying for a place in the team! Unless Fergie has plans to get rid of Anderson then this ain't going to happen. I wouldn't swap him for a place with Anderson of a few years ago but the Anderson of now I certainly would.

Agreed. It was the stamina and power that was most impressive. Not only getting past players going forward, but defensively too. Numerous times he got onto our midfield and bullied them off the ball. He's a complete midfielder.

I was impressed with his drive how he picked the ball up in his own half and drove forward 40 yards then released a simple pass. Quality player indeed and one at value if we sign him great (doubt it) if not well with RVP Kagawa Powell & Butner signed in the window I shall not complain as we have been more than spoiled.

I hope we go for him. Anderson is not the answer, Scholes, Giggs will be gone next year (surely?), big question marks over Fletcher... Basically we're then left with Cleverley & Carrick.

Dembele is the closest thing to Yaya, he'd be great.

His strenght is amazing. Did you see the way he took that ball so easily from Cleverly, brute strength. Cleverly raised his arms in protest, but it was just pure strength and skill that took that ball off him.

He certainly would beef up the midfield, win balls and be that foraging link to the front players. He drifts pass players as though they are skittles and covers so much space in a short period of time.

Anyway, I can't see us signing him. He'll be another one that gets away, much like Hazard who has also been brilliant so far.

We should sign him and give them Anderson on loan for the season.

Anderson gets a season of football under his belt and when Scholes and Giggs retire we bring Anderson back.

Unlikely to materialise but I think that would suit us perfectly.

We should sign him and give them Anderson on loan for the season.

Anderson gets a season of football under his belt and when Scholes and Giggs retire we bring Anderson back.

Unlikely to materialise but I think that would suit us perfectly.

Sounds perfectly good but in an ideal world.....

We supposedly threw in an offer of 5mil according to Jol I think it was. If that's the case I hope we are still in close touch with them. He's a must, thats value if ever I've seen it in this league. Just fecking offer the asking price and get em signed, sealed and delivered.

I remember that too, Jol confirmed a 'low bid' from Utd for Dembele a couple of weeks ago iirc. I just want our midfield to be good, and not lacking in something significant whenever we pick a pairing. If Scholes and Carrick play, we lack energy and forward thrust. If TC and Carrick play we lack physicality, if Ando and TC play we look far too exposed.

Bottom line is however much some people want what we already have to be good enough, it clearly isn't. We have found that out in the last 2 games.Without Carrick in the middle, we lack a physical presence, and tbf he isn't the greatest at providing that either.

So despite us enjoying the vast majority of possession in our last 2 games, we were still severely troubled whenever we don't have possession. We simply had no answer to the physicality of Fellaini and Dembele, who caused us problems every time we lost the ball.

I'm sorry folks, but if teams can present us with problems we cannot solve all game long, with such limited possession. Then i can only conclude we need more than what we currently have. We are lacking too much physically, Carrick will only provide so much physical presence, he is certainly no dominating midfield beast.

It's hardly a surprise to many of us, that we are being already shown to be sorely lacking in the middle. However it is a good thing we have not had cakewalk's in our first 2 games, which would have glossed over these problems until it was far too late to address them.

Dembele is a beast, and will provide us with so much we currently lack. His ability to keep the ball under such a variety of differing circumstances, makes me believe we would be far better with him in our midfield than we will be without him. In my view £15m to have many of our weaknesses addressed, is feck all in today's market. Get it done SAF you know it makes sense.

How old is he? I've heard he has got only a year left on his contract

Just turned 25. He may only have a year left because I can't distinctly remember SSN reporting a 3 year contract when they signed him, and that was summer 2010.

Even getting Berbatov off the books would make room in the squad and free up some wages for Dembele to come in.

We can then offload Anderson in January or the summer.

Amazed Berba is still at united to be honest. He's never going to play with the strikers we have now.

Re: low bid for Dembele. If i m not wrong Jol didn t mention any clubs - he just said it was a PL team.

Well they could do with a striker and a midfielder if we were to sign Dembele. Anderson and Berba and feck it Macheda as well, would be good for Fulham and even better for us! :smirk:

this close to the end of the window it may suit them better!

I have to say I haven't been convinced by this chap but yesterday he looked brilliant.

Yaya Toure in disguise. Would be delighted if we forced a deal for him.

I doubt it myself too.

Fergie seems to have alot of faith in what we have, especially with the potential of Fletcher returning.

Dembélé wouldn't have looked as great if we'd have had a proper holding midfielder. That's not to say he isn't a good player.

Funny how no one was talking Dembélé up in the same way when we hammered Fulham at the Cottage last season. Didn't hear much when we edged them at OT either.

Dembélé wouldn't have looked as great if we'd have had a proper holding midfielder. That's not to say he isn't a good player.

Funny how no one was talking Dembélé up in the same way when we hammered Fulham at the Cottage last season. Didn't hear much when we edged them at OT either.

True, but the fact is he might have come along as a player. I admit I haven't been overly excited about him but his display yesterday was brilliant and had all the haulmarks of what we are looking for in the centre of the park.

Big, strong, technical with the ability to carry the ball and drive through the middle of the park.

Impressive in my opinion.

True, but the fact is he might have come along as a player. I admit I haven't been overly excited about him but his display yesterday was brilliant and had all the haulmarks of what we are looking for in the centre of the park.

Big, strong, technical with the ability to carry the ball and drive through the middle of the park.

Impressive in my opinion.

True. I think you're right, he has come on as a player. But there's definitely something in my theory that he wouldn't have looked as imperious if we'd have had a holding midfielder. For all their promise on the ball, Anderson and Cleverley make us easy to play through.

I doubt it myself too.

Fergie seems to have alot of faith in what we have, especially with the potential of Fletcher returning.

And there in lies the problem. Fergie believed that Hargreaves would come back and that Anderson would develop quicker. He's neglected this position based on hope for too long. feck Anderson, we'll be waiting for ever. Fletcher is coming back from a very serious illness ( I know as I have it too) plus he's late 20's. Carrick and Cleverly are our only reliable midfielders (Scholes obviously in terms on ability too) but I'm going to be pissed off if we plan on spending another season hoping for the best when there's a fecking beast of a player who is available for under 20m and would improve us greatly just waiting to be signed. I don't give a shit if it stalls Andersons development or if he ends up leaving. We need someone better and he's there, waiting, and he's fecking good value!!!