Moussa Dembele

Moussa Dembele - Today he had 80 touches, a 98% pass accuracy (49/50), had 2 shots, made 3 key passes, won 7 tackles & completed 9 dribbles

Holy moly. That takes impressive to a whole new level. Unbelieveable.

Could try and send Berba the other way, worked with Jol before I think and would fit in to their approach. Although can't see it happening not with the money we've spent and Dembele being someone who would likely want to go straight in.

Could try and send Berba the other way, worked with Jol before I think and would fit in to their approach. Although can't see it happening not with the money we've spent and Dembele being someone who would likely want to go straight in.

Jol will never want to do anything with Berba ever again. For some reason, I remember him lamenting Berba's lack of effort in fighting for the team. He said Berba was the one who told him sorry boss after he was sacked and he had yet to even heard from the front office about his sacking.
He ended his talk by saying that Berba was a player you may want but when you need him the most, there is no fight in him.

Martin Jol has lifted the lid on his relationship with Dimitar Berbatov, as the former Tottenham boss begins to piece together his White Hart Lane sacking.

The Dutchman's exit from the North London club was widely regarded to be a PR disaster, with several members of Spurs' squad thought to have known of his impending exit before him.

Jol was told of his sacking after the Uefa Cup defeat to Getafe but his departure was common knowledge in the dressing room prior to the game; with the news breaking publicly while the match was in progress.

The relationship Jol shared with star striker Berbatov has occupied plenty of column inches and now the tactician has spoken of how the Bulgarian clearly knew something was afoot prior to the Getafe game.

Prior knowledge

Jol told the Daily Express: "Something very strange happened just one minute before kick-off. Berbatov came over to me and said 'Sorry boss! Come on!'

"I thought that perhaps he was regretting what had happened in the previous match at Newcastle, or that he hadn't given me his best before, but it didn't cross my mind that he and the rest of the players had already been told by friends who had been texting them that I had been sacked."

Following what was a largely immaculate first season in English football last term, Berbatov has struggled to live up to such exacting standards in his second year.

New Spurs boss Juande Ramos dropped Berbatov to the bench for his first league game in charge at Middlesbrough on Saturday, amid talk of a possible exit.

Jol remains full of admiration for the striker's repertoire of skills but concedes he is not the ideal player to have in your side in times of toil.

No fighter

"At St James' Park (when Berbatov appeared reluctant to come on as a substitute), a lot had been made in the media about Berbatov's attitude, that he didn't want to come on because he was sulking at being on the bench.

"Normally Chris Hughton would tell the players to warm up, but not this time. However, he didn't seem that keen to do it.

"I turned my shoulder again and this time looked him in the eye and told him 'come on, warm up' and he began to warm up.

"He never said he didn't want to come on, but that's how it has been perceived. But that's Berbatov, he always seems reluctant to do anything.

"Gifted, yes. But he is not a fighter. Perhaps you need others who are fighters to balance out the team."

If Southampton and Wigan have Belgians in the side - I will be seriously worried

incredible performance.

Can see why we were in for him. Not sure how much they want for him...but he would be worth 35 million easy.

:lol: Brilliant.

Anyway, he was really good today. Consistently dispossessed our players and then took 2-3 of us out the game with good runs. Composed, accurate passing and a really good athlete. Went past Anderson in the 80th minute on the edge of the box like he wasn't there. Really impressive. And he really can play in a midfield pair by the looks of it

On today's performance how could we not play him? SAF must be impressed, but it would surely mean the end for anderson. Which probably means we won't go for him.

It would make more sense to wait till January, and see how Ando has done, and then make a decision. Problem with that, is after today's performance, someone else might be prepared to pay £15m to get him now!

Finally everyone has come around to my point of view! Been a revelation since he moved to midfield.

:lol: Brilliant.

Anyway, he was really good today. Consistently dispossessed our players and then took 2-3 of us out the game with good runs. Composed, accurate passing and a really good athlete. Went past Anderson in the 80th minute on the edge of the box like he wasn't there. Really impressive. And he really can play in a midfield pair by the looks of it

:lol:

on that performance yeah...

not sure what we offered though...did someone say 5 million??? :eek:

come on Fergie...

They could do with Berba, particularly if Dempsey also leaves. That said, if Dempsey leaves surely they can't also lose Dembele? They would turn to shit big tme.

Dembele WOULD go straight in but alongside Carrick, which leaves too many people on the bench.

He has January/next Summer written all over him but it would be 20M or more then.

On today's performance how could we not play him? SAF must be impressed, but it would surely mean the end for anderson. Which probably means we won't go for him.

It would make more sense to wait till January, and see how Ando has done, and then make a decision. Problem with that, is after today's performance, someone else might be prepared to pay £15m to get him now!

Yeah but I think from Fergie's point of view he has Carrick as first choice and someone we'll need regardless of if we sign Dembele and then Clev who has been impressive in his own right. I don't think he'd want to sacrifice Clev for Dembele, he can't really take out Carrick so that leaves Dembele as 3rd in line. Suppose you could argue that with rotation both Dembele and Ando would get plenty of games but I just can't see Fergie spending thr 15+ mil required for someone who might be on the bench, when he already has ando, scholes and giggs. Not saying I agree but just what I think he'd say.

Finally everyone has come around to my point of view! Been a revelation since he moved to midfield.

I've been up for it all Summer as well, not raving mad though. If we don't get him it's not the end of the world. But we should.

Yeah but I think from Fergie's point of view he has Carrick as first choice and someone we'll need regardless of if we sign Dembele and then Clev who has been impressive in his own right. I don't think he'd want to sacrifice Clev for Dembele, he can't really take out Carrick so that leaves Dembele as 3rd in line. Suppose you could argue that with rotation both Dembele and Ando would get plenty of games but I just can't see Fergie spending thr 15+ mil required for someone who might be on the bench, when he already has ando, scholes and giggs. Not saying I agree but just what I think he'd say.

before the season started, I would have said midfield is where we needed strengthening. I still think that. And Dembele would be perfect. He would get straight in.

Probably right. I wouldn't count Scholes and Giggs though. They will be off in a year, they can only play every now and then and I doubt they would be at all stroppy if they didn't get games. They are great aces up the sleeve but no more. Certainly not squad management/planning considerations.

before the season started, I would have said midfield is where we needed strengthening. I still think that. And Dembele would be perfect. He would get straight in.

Yeah I agree the midfield needs strengthening but ultimately are you saying that you'd drop Clev? He's 2 years younger than Dembele and could well be better than him by the time he's 25. We haven't seen how Carrick and Clev could do in midfield yet. Again I'm not saying Dembele couldn't get in the team but like I said Carrick is first choice. For Dembele or Clev to really excel and be able to get forward you'd want someone behind them holding the fort and you'd need it in tough games. With Kagawa it means there's only space for one of them in the team. So yeah we could buy Dembele for 15+ mil and put him over Clev but then you'd be inhibiting Clev. I could understand that if clev had proven he wasn't up for the challenge or clev and carrick just didn't work but we haven't seen it to know yet.

Like I said I wouldn't have any complaints if we did sign him but I think it's highly unlikely Fergie is gonna drop Clev to the bench now that he's fit and I doubt Dembele would want to come and be part of rotation. If he does and Fergie finds the cash then I hope they get it done, but practically I think it's unlikely.

So each week we'll wanna sign the standout performer of the opposing team ?

In fairness, both Dembele and Fellaini have been argued to death all Summer.

Fellaini is more limited but can be thrown upfront when we just cross, cross, cross to midgets. Dembele is more in line with how we want to play.

He has only a year left on his contract so I think a bid of around 14mil could do it. Fergie cant really complain about value if you can get him and Kawaga for around 27mil.

So each week we'll wanna sign the standout performer of the opposing team ?

It does feel like that. And I am guilty of it

But its not often in the PL against mid table sides we come up against 2 stand out performers like we have seen in the past week.

Nah not Fellaini, this guy's the real deal though.

I'd agree. His development as a centre midfielder has been surprisingly rapid and he is now looking dare-I-say-it almost Paul Ince like in his power and drive down the centre of the park. He plays in the way we'd like Anderson to do consistently and I would not be against us buying Dembele even though I think Ando has it in him. We're stacked up front after all and its not hurting us. Can you ever have too many good players?

I would like him at team, though we have for two position Carrick, Ando, Cleverley, Giggs and Scholes. If Giggs and Scholes retire at the end of the season I think that we should go for him. Hopefully he would not cost 25M by that time. Oh, and please no Sheiks, Russians or Madrid involved.

Moussa Dembele - Today he had 80 touches, a 98% pass accuracy (49/50), had 2 shots, made 3 key passes, won 7 tackles & completed 9 dribbles

Great stats which echo what was plainly obvious to anyone watching, he was a boss. I wonder what the heat map would be of activity for United when they were on the ball, I imagine they avoided his area like the plague...or at least provided good cover.

First time I've seen him but was very impressive

I know but today there seems to be a bigger percentage of posters who wants him to be signed.Not criticizing or anything

Nor should you imo. We have played quite well the last 2 games, yet on both occasions we have come up against players we have simply had no answer to.

Everyone agrees that TC and Ando played very well today, yet they were completely overshadowed by Dembele's performance. Seeing as we seem to be struggling in that position, it can't really come as to much of a surprise that some of us would like to improve our weakest position.

This midfield is lacking and has been for a while. We lack a physical presence and someone who can run powerfully through the middle and keep the ball.
We have struggled despite playing quite well at finding an answer to either of the threats faced.

If Dembele is bought he will provide us with a lot of attributes, not least physical presence and pace. He is playing really well, and doing it consistently. Why would you not want to sign someone who could help us become better, by providing attributes we currently lack?

Inthink saf is waiting for a few to be shipped out before he will bring anyone else in!

Dembele had a great game today. However, I'm not sure he would fit in with our style of pass and move game, unless he is willing to play in Carrick's deeper role.

Nor should you imo. We have played quite well the last 2 games, yet on both occasions we have come up against players we have simply had no answer to.

Everyone agrees that TC and Ando played very well today, yet they were completely overshadowed by Dembele's performance. Seeing as we seem to be struggling in that position, it can't really come as to much of a surprise that some of us would like to improve our weakest position.

This midfield is lacking and has been for a while. We lack a physical presence and someone who can run powerfully through the middle and keep the ball.
We have struggled despite playing quite well at finding an answer to either of the threats faced.

If Dembele is bought he will provide us with a lot of attributes, not least physical presence and pace. He is playing really well, and doing it consistently. Why would you not want to sign someone who could help us become better, by providing attributes we currently lack?

I think Carrick in there alongside clev or ando would have made a big difference. This game reinforced for me my belief that ando and clev are a great attacking combo but questionable defensively. But like I said if we got Dembele where would you play him? Drop Carrick or Clev from the first 11? Personally I think to get the best out of a Dembele as that box to box player then you want a more reserved player next to him, i.e. Toure has Barry/De Jong/ Rodwell. But then if you drop Clev you might well be leaving out a player who could be even better at 25 than Dembele is.

Definitely agree that we need a midfielder and that Dembele would be great to have but I think in terms of first choice Carrick and Clev could be very good and wouldn't get exposed by such physical force as Clev and Ando/Scholes would, due to Carrick's better defensive capabilities and clev's work rate.

He would be perfect, can play alongside or for Carrick. I think it's better to go for him now than wait until Scholes and Giggs likely retire next season. Who know where he'll be next summer considering his contract situation.

Completely oblivious that he was Belgium. They have some quality players at the moment. Their first eleven on paper has the potential to beat anyone.

Anyway, 15m release clause apparently..

Dont think we will go for him now, Maybe january unless someone try's to trigger the clause, if true.

If he's allowed to continue playing as he is without anything happening on his contract you can be certain people will be looking to tie him up on a pre-contract before the window next opens.

He literally waltzes past people not a bother to em. The bastard.

Completely oblivious that he was Belgium. They have some quality players at the moment. Their first eleven on paper has the potential to beat anyone.

Anyway, 15m release clause apparently..

Dont think we will go for him now, Maybe january unless someone try's to trigger the clause, if true.
Well not really tbh.