Moussa Dembele

and with RVP + Kagawa and Vidic and Cleverley coming back, all of whom I consider to be pretty definite starters, we'll even have a pretty new look first team from the one that finished last season.

I like Dembele and think it's within him to be quality here, but at the same time I can't help but think that, if we're not going to go after an established top class star, then we should stick with Cleverley, Anderson, Carrick, Scholes et al. The other thing is that a midfield spot can be used in order to keep Kagawa in the team if we are to play Valencia, Nani, Rooney and Van Persie as attacking options at the same time, not to mention that playing Kagawa there may actually help us to afford Welbeck enough chances.

It's a difficult one. I started off this summer thinking it would be sheer madness not to sign a central midfielder, but after seeing Cleverley in pre-season for us and England/Great Britain (and Kagawa in central midfield against Hannover), it strikes me that neglecting to strengthen the midfield (again) may not actually be the lunacy that I thought it to be previously. Really, given the versatility and flexibility of our squad, failing to sign another midfielder may well be an integral part of keeping everyone happy.

This whole point is obviously dependant on whether Kagawa can actually play there, though Fergie experimenting with him there against Hannover was perhaps an indication that it's part of his thinking. We'll have to see.

If SAF has premised his CM planning on Cleverley, Anderson and (to a lesser extent) Kagawa, then he hasn't neglected it.

You don't only strengthen a certain area of the field by buying players in.

and with RVP + Kagawa and Vidic and Cleverley coming back, all of whom I consider to be pretty definite starters, we'll even have a pretty new look first team from the one that finished last season.

Wouldn't be so sure of Cleverley. He hasn't done enough to automatically be guaranteed a starting spot.

I need to get this clear,
We have cleverly,anderson and possibly scholes and kagawa fighting for the same position or two in the midfield. Carrick is the only one of his kind that we have, maybe Ando can fit into that role, if he can get a run of games, form and composure, but thats a big maybe.
dembele at best, can be another midfielder vying for that spot for which we already have options, he can't play in the position that carrick plays for us. so the signing of dembele does not like seem like what we really need.

I've been creaming over this guy since the start of the Summer. Some of the newbs were slating him - I'd say down to the fact he wasn't a big name.

Dembele has all the attributes needed to succeed in our midfield. He'd give us so much steel - a player that could lock horns with Yaya when we face him.

He is playing our players.. like some professional player playing against kids... goes around anybody he likes.. nobody cna bring him down...
Somebody like him is what we have been missing from our midfield.. reminded me of Viera...

He is playing our players.. like some professional player playing against kids... goes around anybody he likes.. nobody cna bring him down...
Somebody like him is what we have been missing from our midfield.. reminded me of Viera...

Might be related to the fact that we don't have any midfielders that can tackle.

But yeah he was excellent.

Caused us problems all game, I say again his feet and dribbling are up there with the best in the world.

awesome today really...just handled a few of our midfielders like they were kids at times.

SAF needs to look at this man because our midfield just doesn't look strong enough to go a season without problems.

havent seen a player dominate us like that since fellani last week.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie had a go after that performance, he likes doing that.

I need to get this clear,
We have cleverly,anderson and possibly scholes and kagawa fighting for the same position or two in the midfield. Carrick is the only one of his kind that we have, maybe Ando can fit into that role, if he can get a run of games, form and composure, but thats a big maybe.
dembele at best, can be another midfielder vying for that spot for which we already have options, he can't play in the position that carrick plays for us. so the signing of dembele does not like seem like what we really need.

Yeah, he's not a sitting midfielder like Carrick but boy can he play.

Someone will snatch him away from Fulham if it's not us.

Buy him. Seriously, just fecking buy him.

He's everything Anderson should be, but isn't.

It's been clear for ages now that he's absolute quality and he showed it again today. Sign him in January for peanuts, isn't he in his last year?

Was fantastic, went through our midfield with ease a number of times and broke up a few of our attacks. For £15 million he'd be a terrific signing.

positives- the first half was sublime and DDG shot stopping
negatives- DDG and Vidic error and the size of Anderson's arse
On a side note Dembele would be a great addition to us

Was impressive today, think he was aided though by the amount of space clev and ando were leaving in the middle though and the fact that they kept trying to physically matxh him rather then force him in to a tough spot through good positioning. Have to say though that he wouldn't be a bad signing at all, not exactly the defensive enforcement I think we need in our midfield options but his physicality would help a lot.

He's a fantastic player who plays in the midfield.

Again we've been shown up for our lack of presence in midfield, today by Dembele.

Yep very very good today. Technically on a different level to Fellaini who was the CAF sweetheart midfield signing last week.

Next week, sign Morgan Schneiderlin.