Moussa Dembele

Fellaini played as a center forward last week therefore it was amusing seeing people heralding him as our midfield savior. However this guy is excellent and plays in midfield.

We really should be in for him, he has everything we need in that midfield.

Don't see how he is just what we need. He's too similar to Cleverly, Anderson and even Giggs in the sort of CM role they all play. We need someone who can sit back and shield the back four like Carrick does.

How is he just what we need? We need the next Carrick, not another Cleverley/Anderson.

A man against boys it was. Really impressed me but it is a highly unlikely transfer.

Don't see how he is just what we need. He's too similar to Cleverly, Anderson and even Giggs in the sort of CM role they all play. We need someone who can sit back and shield the back four like Carrick does.

He's not 'just what we need', but he'll give us strength and presence in midfield. Our midfield can look pedestrian too often, and when we come against a player like Dembele, we get dominated.

Second time I have seen him for full 90 minutes against us - how did he do against the other big teams in the league last season?

Would be a useful addition to the team, but seems unlikely now.

How is he just what we need? We need the next Carrick, not another Cleverley/Anderson.

He's a beast in midfield, if we come up against another Fellaini type then hes ideal because he appears to be made of the same stuff as Valencia.

We don't have enough grit in there, he would add that.

He's not 'just what we need', but he'll give us strength and presence in midfield. Our midfield can look pedestrian too often, and when we come against a player like Dembele, we get dominated.

If we came up against a player like Dembele, with Dembele in our midfield, we still won't be able to cope.

I think Ferguson might have a change of mind regarding transfers after that game. Either this or someone else will just buy him before the end of transfer window.

Was impressive today, think he was aided though by the amount of space clev and ando were leaving in the middle though and the fact that they kept trying to physically matxh him rather then force him in to a tough spot through good positioning. Have to say though that he wouldn't be a bad signing at all, not exactly the defensive enforcement I think we need in our midfield options but his physicality would help a lot.

Yes there was space at times, but look what he did when there was no space! He just glided past whoever closed him down.He did it almost every single time! It's no wonder people stepped off him rather than keep on getting skinned!

I was really impressed with his defensive work too today,but the standout feature is his ability to keep the ball. He can go past people at pace, or he can just shift the ball to the side from standing to go past players. On top of that his strength and balance, even at pace make him so difficult to knock off the ball too.

If we sign him it's the end for Anderson imo. Their games look quite similar to me, but Dembele looks better in every department really. Anderson played very well today i thought, but he was completely blown away in any comparison to Dembele today!

Interestingly he has only a year left on his contract(I think),

Fergie loves players who do well against us. He'll buy him in January, when it's apparent we need another midfielder.

Moussa Dembele - Today he had 80 touches, a 98% pass accuracy (49/50), had 2 shots, made 3 key passes, won 7 tackles & completed 9 dribbles

I think Ferguson might have a change of mind regarding transfers after that game. Either this or someone else will just buy him before the end of transfer window.

I think that's true. That was a far better performance than what Fellaini produced yesterday. This guy actually showed some brilliant technical ability. We're interested though and will get him relatively cheap due to him being in his last year of contract.

Yes there was space at times, but look what he did when there was no space! He just glided past whoever closed him down.He did it almost every single time! It's no wonder people stepped off him rather than keep on getting skinned!

I was really impressed with his defensive work too today,but the standout feature is his ability to keep the ball. He can go past people at pace, or he can just shift the ball to the side from standing to go past players. On top of that his strength and balance, even at pace make him so difficult to knock off the ball too.

If we sign him it's the end for Anderson imo. Their games look quite similar to me, but Dembele looks better in every department really. Anderson played very well today i thought, but he was completely blown away in any comparison to Dembele today!

I think that's where the positional sense comes in to it and the knowledge of how to press. Clev and to a lesser extent Ando both really get drawn to the ball and so leave themselves open to being turned/skinned. Against slower/less skilled opponents it isn't such a problem but against others it can be. Still agree Dembele was impressive in his own right today.

Yeah think if we did sign him, Ando would struggle but again for me although his defensive work was v.impressive I think he's another player you'd want alongside a Carrick rather than instead off. Still like I said no complaints if we did sign him.

He'll have changed a few people's minds after that performance! Anybody watching him today surely cannot fail to have been hugely impressed!

A criticism of Fellaini is a lot of his work comes in the air. Well that from Dembele today was far more impressive and all on the ground! Sensational today! :drool:

Apart from Giggs, was there anyone that he didn't outmuscle and brush aside today?

Didn't we bid under 5m for him last week? That's just embarrassing if true. But he's a quality player and would add some physical presence and would be a great signing but he's a Central Midfielder so not much hope.

No doubt Fergie would be interested. He'd have to be blind if he didn't notice how he tore our midfield to shreds - and he's more suited to us than Fellaini who likes long-balls.

I'll be amazed if we sign him by deadline day though.

IF it's true that we're after him and have already made a bid then I think Fergie couldn't fail to be impressed by him today. I can see him having another go for him before the window shuts in that case.