Moussa Dembele

up on their site now..

Manchester United have had a ‘very low’ bid for Moussa Dembele rejected by Fulham, talkSPORT can reveal.
Cottagers boss Martin Jol admitted on Friday that there had been no offers from Real Madrid, who are reportedly interested in the midfielder, but revealed there had been a derogatory proposition from a Premier League outfit.
And talkSPORT understands that the club who made the bid, which was less than £5million, was Man United, as Sir Alex Ferguson looks intent on strengthening his squad further after sealing the signing Robin van Persie.
But it seems it will take a much larger offer to prise the skilful schemer away from west London as his manager believes he is happy to continue his career with Fulham.
The Belgian midfielder, 25, has excelled at Craven Cottage since his arrival from AZ Alkmaar two seasons ago and he has attracted interest from several other top European clubs.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...-low’-bid-fulham-star-reject#hwpHb6k5Aze5zTtK.99

From the little I've seen (mind you, that's very little), he reminds me a bit of Rivaldo. Sweet left foot and likes to shoot them low. Good ball control also. But I'm not sure whether he's good enough for a club like United or would be a tangible improvement on Anderson/Cleverley. Also wonder where buying Dembele would leave Kagawa.

From the little I've seen (mind you, that's very little), he reminds me a bit of Rivaldo. Sweet left foot and likes to shoot them low. Good ball control also. But I'm not sure whether he's good enough for a club like United or would be a tangible improvement on Anderson/Cleverley. Also wonder where buying Dembele would leave Kagawa.

Rivaldo :drool:

Shit not good enough though :nervous:

I'd be very happy with Dembele. It seems like he's capable of playing box to box, he's very good offensively obviously but his defensive qualities are also there. At below £10m, and I think Fulham will sell at a reasonable price with him only having one year left on his deal, he'd be value.

He doesn't need to be better than what we have, he's fitter than Anderson and could cover for Carrick.

Well, but how did he do? The sheer fact that we was deployed there proves nothing. The curious case of Alan Smith springs to mind.

If your referring to the England vs Belgium game, then from what I can remember he dominated Gerrard. He didn't set the game a light, but that's because that's the type of player he is at times - similar to Carrick.

Not many football supporters rate Carrick simply because he goes about his business quietly. Holding midfielders is probably the position that get's less praise than any other. I'm not saying Dembele is generally a holding midfielder, but the model still applies.

I hope the rumours of us making a bid is true, but since it's talksport - I doubt it.

last season he was very good in one of the games against us. i ve never had heard about him but was impressed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moussa_Dembélé

Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé (born 16 July 1987) is a Belgian footballer who currently plays as a attacking midfielder for Manchester United in the Premier League.

On the 17th of August 2012, Manchester United signed Dembele for a reported 12 million pounds. It came the day after they signed Robin van Persie. Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly had his first erection in 15 years when he signed these 2 players.

WTF? :lol:

I know Fergie was probably present due to the fact we're facing Fulham next, but for those who had watched the game - how was he? :drool:

we just need another striker.

seriously? a striker? don't you realise we just bought RvP and Kagawa before that, top that with Rooney, Welbeck and Chicharito and we've got the strongest striking force in the world.
if even Mancini can say that, how on earth can you still think we need another striker? sorry but you're an idiot here. even brainless fans can see the obvious, yet you somehow fail to do that, shame on you.

c'mon, bite

seriously? a striker? don't you realise we just bought RvP and Kagawa before that, top that with Rooney, Welbeck and Chicharito and we've got the strongest striking force in the world.
if even Mancini can say that, how on earth can you still think we need another striker? sorry but you're an idiot here. even brainless fans can see the obvious, yet you somehow fail to do that, shame on you.

c'mon, bite

Mate i am sure he was being sarcastic,you have been merked.

No way, he turned his head away every time Dembele got the ball. He was only there to scout the team and ignore him

No way, he turned his head away every time Dembele got the ball. He was only there to scout the team and ignore him

Fergie's got eyes on the back of his head. He didn't want to make it too obvious that he was scouting Dembele, so he used his secret pair of eyes when Dembele was on the ball. Thought this was common knowledge.

Fergie did say there was 1 more player he wanted, "if he was available".

Seems to fit in with the story... would love it if we signed him.

All the muppets are ***ped out, they may be able to crank one out.

Yeah it's a possibility, I'd take em myself not sure how much though. I think someone mentioned 9mil should do the trick earlier in thread. I'd probably have to agree.

How stocked are Fulham for midfielders? Didn't they lose Danny Murphy recently and Liverpool are still interest in Dempsey, so three going might not happen.

Fergie did say there was 1 more player he wanted, "if he was available".

Seems to fit in with the story... would love it if we signed him.

It's pretty clear that Dembele is available - Fulham are a selling club and they only tied him to a 3-year deal when they bought him in 2010 so he'll be out of contract next Summer. I don't think Ferguson meant Dembele really.

It's pretty clear that Dembele is available - Fulham are a selling club and they only tied him to a 3-year deal when they bought him in 2010 so he'll be out of contract next Summer. I don't think Ferguson meant Dembele really.

Yep. I'm harbouring slightly though to the hope that the player Fergie was referring to was Sahin but under the premise it's an actual purchase rather than a loan.

Perhaps not, but the talksport link has named us as the club that bid, i dont see why we would be randomly linked for now reason, but then i guess the press are probably just putting 2+2 together.