MLB 2024

Been at the London series Phillies vs Metz this weekend on both days. Yesterday’s game was brilliant! Had a great time.

I did yesterdays game, was fantastic wasn't it. Bank account rinsed by the food and drink though.

I don't get it. They are the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball which is fun but people are paying insane amounts of money for something that should be on a tour of middle schools.
That's an apt comparison.

They are quite the phenomenon down here, I currently live within walking distance of Grayson Stadium & catch quite a few games. They are rather family oriented at home.

It is amazing that they filled up Fenway.

I regret not going to at least one, but London is a bit of a trek for me.

They seemed to have a lot more stuff going on than the NFL games I've been to, with that fan zone at Trafalgar Square and the street food market in Waterloo.

Someone I know said it was a two hour queue to get into the merch store though. Yikes.

I went in just before the first pitch yesterday and it took about 10 minutes. An hour earlier there was indeed a crazy queue!

I would also like to express my fondness for that particular London series. Weather was pants on Sunday but it was a nice day out.

We are facing Skenes today, interested in watching for his secondary pitches like his 'splinker.' He has a ton of movement on both his fast balls.

Damn, didn't realize he was drafted 1/1 last year. Quite the meteoric rise.

And Yandy takes the first pitch opposite yard. Followed that up with a double on the second pitch.

Skenes throws such an easy 99, no real effort expended.

Last edited:

Wow. You rarely hear something so real and powerful on these sport desks. Respect to the producers and others for letting him finish. And massive respect to Reggie and those he mentioned who fought for racial equality.

Yo, @WI_Red, who's this cat?

Tyler Rodgers. Fun fact, his twin brother (Tayler, who throws left handed) is also on the Giants. Tyler should probably be an all star this year. The amazing thing for him, a guy who throws from a weird angle, is he never walks anyone. Only 1 non IBB this season.

There's been some stellar plays made by batboys this season (especially the Rays' kids as the bull pens are along side the foul lines, they've made some unbelievable diving plays to keep the pitchers & catchers unscathed)...

Not MLB but being a Horns fan I couldn't resist making this meme to piss off a dozen or so Aggie fans in my news feed (mostly high school mates from years ago).
449314844_10161795135317311_683600450280363874_n.jpg

Not MLB but being a Horns fan I couldn't resist making this meme to piss off a dozen or so Aggie fans in my news feed (mostly high school mates from years ago).
449314844_10161795135317311_683600450280363874_n.jpg
Yeah, didn't he declare he was at home in College Station only to bolt for Austin the next day?

Yay, only three players batting below the Mendoza line starting.

The corner is being turned, I tell ya. Watch out!

The Rangers are a dumpster fire this season, just write it off at this point.
You'll get back on track when y'all take the series from us later this week. A Texas sweep is potentially in the cards, we let the fecking White Sox sweep us earlier this year.

Back to back series with the Yankees & the Guardians as a lead in to the break. Our season is over if we don't win one of these series.