MLB 2024

attachment.php

I will be watching baseball for the first time tonight. All Chiefs fans I know are proper hyped for these games against the Yankees. And I'm seeing all these George Brett going crazy videos on YouTube so I'm also now hyped. It's a great underdog story too.

I'm quite enjoying this Royals Yankees game.

Kinda thought Detroit might ride their late season mo into a long run, but Cleveland may be too strong.

Looks like the Mets may do so on the other side.

Apparently, Machado threw a ball into the Dodgers dugout but won't be punished according to some. MLB is seeking video footage of the incident. Just imagine a scenario of a player getting away with something that dangerous yet if you charge the mound to confront a pitcher you get an instant suspension.

Dodgers survive the Padres and will face the Mets in the championship game. Yankees await the winner of the Detroit/Cleveland series.

Will be an interesting matchup - dominant roster vs hottest team since 1 June in the NL, though only by 2 full games over LAD in that span. Those trends change when the date variable is applied. Dodgers are best since 1 August, by 3.5 games over Mets.

Similar in the AL if Detroit advances, hottest team over the last 40 games vs arguably the best roster in the AL.

Stanton is post-season clutch, if Soto and Judge get going like we know they can, look out.

Bloke doing the 'blow job' mime behind home plate

Great World Series matchup.

Hard to predict, it's going to be billed as Ohtani vs Judge but as always it will come down to pitching/bullpens. I'm just hoping Stanton stays hot and Soto does his thing, Yankees in 6.

Yankees really need Judge to find a bit of form again. Think Dodgers are the better team but can see it going to 6/7 games

Heard something the other day, before game 5 or 6 and think it was a graph, that he was nearly the opposite with no runners on base. It was astonishing the difference, perhaps pitchers giving him more hittable pitches with runners on.
With runners on they're more likely to pitch around him, empty bases they will likely to be more aggressive, I can see him being walked a lot this series

The dodgers have hitters throught the lineup and will score runs. Cole is going to be the key for the Yankees. If he can give them 2 or 3 big games then the Yankees have a chance. The dodgers are just more talented for me though, Dodgers in 7.

I finally tuned in around the 6th inning. It's been a good chess match but I'm so meh about this series, I'll probably turn off if LAD do not win this in the 9th. I don't see me getting vested in this regardless of the starpower and storylines. I was far more invested last year but that was also my hometown club finally winning something.