Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Nero

Dances around like a nervous wreck. Will transmit to his players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Easily the most unlikable manager in the league

His Pep impression in post match interviews is cringy as feck

Jericho

The
I think that's the point though. Pep does it too, I'm guessing it's supposed to show the players how much he cares so they care as well. In any case it gets tiresome fast.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I Really don't want City or Liverpool to win again, but my god i'm not sure I can put up with Arteta winning it either. He is deplorable.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Need to beat Citeh and really go for the throat at the Melterates.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
An all time, not the all time.
8th / 8th / 5th to dominating title winners. Arsenal winning isn’t being accepted as the earthquake shock it should be seen as. Especially with the EPL isn’t as great as people think posts that popped up over the last few years
The league isn't won after 17 games.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn’t say it was? Funnily enough I don’t think they’ll win it myself, it’ll be between the two Manchester clubs as the season goes on
Amazing what a few wins against some of the worst sides in the league will do for your confidence (yes I know we lost to Forest but that doesn't mean they're any good). You'll end up a minimum of 10-12 points off of the top imo.

City will end up going on a run and doing the job but I think Arsenal will be close.

cyberman

Amazing what a few wins against some of the worst sides in the league will do for your confidence (yes I know we lost to Forest but that doesn't mean they're any good). You'll end up a minimum of 10-12 points off of the top imo.

City will end up going on a run and doing the job but I think Arsenal will be close.
Only reason why we have a run of wins v poor sides is because we played harder games earlier on in the season? It’s not like we’re only beating these weak sides, only Arsenal have won more games than us and we’ve matched Arsenals record over the last 15 games. It’s a team that hasn’t conceded a goal when Varane and Casemiro have been on the pitch together. Only three teams have scored v Varane this season, It’s like 8 clean sheets in last 9 home games
Theres hopes and dreams and there’s ignoring what’s happening on the pitch. As I said earlier on in the season. It was a God send that we were winning through Ten Hags setting in phase because, if you believe in him, we’ll get better as the season goes on simply by adapting to his methods.
Well here we are.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Only reason why we have a run of wins v poor sides is because we played harder games earlier on in the season? It’s not like we’re only beating these weak sides, only Arsenal have won more games than us and we’ve matched Arsenals record over the last 15 games. It’s a team that hasn’t conceded a goal when Varane and Casemiro have been on the pitch together. Only three teams have scored v Varane this season, It’s like 8 clean sheets in last 9 home games
Theres hopes and dreams and there’s ignoring what’s happening on the pitch. As I said earlier on in the season. It was a God send that we were winning through Ten Hags setting in phase because, if you believe in him, we’ll get better as the season goes on simply by adapting to his methods.
Well here we are.
You won't come near winning the league imo. You've clearly improved but you don't have the goals in you to win it. Using your logic Newcastle have a very good shot. One defeat this season (in a game they were unlucky to lose), 32 scored (five more than United) and only 11 conceded (best defense in the league). Their form runs back to the second half of last season as well.

Doracle

Lego Pep looking like he’s feeling the pressure a bit. No need for the level of upset about two easy (correct) decisions from the officials.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Arteta definitely needs to calm down. He always transmits his energy to the players on the pitch and that’s generally advantageous for us. But in this game and the Liverpool game last season, I think it definitely had an adverse effect.

Though, how VAR didn’t give a penalty for the foul against Gabriel I’ll never know. That is the definition of clear and obvious.

Last edited:

CM

I know a lot of managers can be wankers but this guy really is a thoroughly unlikeable whingebag. Imagine having the audacity to call that handball decision scandalous.

kidbob

You won't come near winning the league imo. You've clearly improved but you don't have the goals in you to win it. Using your logic Newcastle have a very good shot. One defeat this season (in a game they were unlucky to lose), 32 scored (five more than United) and only 11 conceded (best defense in the league). Their form runs back to the second half of last season as well.
Agree with you that we won't come near winning the League, 3rd is our ceiling for me. However our current good form includes a lot of very good sides in it. I think its a bit ingenious to say a 'few wins against the worse sides' when that run has included Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool with a good performance against Chelsea too, also includes a well performing Fulham side and a draw with Newcastle. As was stated, we had to play a lot of the big teams early but our good form is much more than beating the worst sides (which funnily enough has been one of our biggest issues in the past years). Remains to be seen if we can keep this up and I fear the Glazers may hamstring ETH in this window in terms of a striker.

I think City will win it but Arsenal are in with a huge shout.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
He isnt nervous. He is animated and plays with the team.

You dont have to like him, but to suggest he doesn't know what he is doing or that he isn't turning into a top manager is utter denial

AndersB

Yeah he has turned into the most annoying manager in the league now. Which is some feat, given that Klopp is still around.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
His antics on the touchline are cringeworthy. It's like he's sat down and watched Klopp and Pep and picked out the absolute worst bits to emulate.

90 + 5min

His antics on the touchline are cringeworthy. It's like he's sat down and watched Klopp and Pep and picked out the absolute worst bits to emulate.
He is still young. He needs to learn when and what to show on the touchline. He got emotions oustide his body right now.

I got to say that I'm getting irritated that refs are letting him go utside his box so often. Some managers aren't even allowed 2 cm outside and here we have somebody who is constantly oustide screaming and pointing.

Lets hope Tottenham can take something from them. Come on Conte.

TheArse

Supports
Arsenal
He's an absolute tit on the touchline and I love it.

If I saw another manager doing it I'd be pissed off.

Christ I love football.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He's an absolute tit on the touchline and I love it.

If I saw another manager doing it I'd be pissed off.

Christ I love football.
Exactly. We all thought Fergie was a tit, we all thought Mourinho was the tits tit, most on here think Klopp is a bit of a tit, that Pep is a tit, that Conte is a moaning tit etc.

Basically everyone is a tit, until he's your tit. :D

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Exactly. We all thought Fergie was a tit, we all thought Mourinho was the tits tit, most on here think Klopp is a bit of a tit, that Pep is a tit, that Conte is a moaning tit etc.

Basically everyone is a tit, until he's your tit. :D
I actually had to scroll past the Arteta video on my twitter timeline this morning it was that cringe.

Don't find him comparable to Conte/Klopp at all TBH.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I actually had to scroll past the Arteta video on my twitter timeline this morning it was that cringe.

Don't find him comparable to Conte/Klopp at all TBH.
Fair enough. Some do, some don't. Some get sick of Conte moaning all the time about players and transfers. One thing he is over the others is very inexperienced. Perhaps it's something he'll learn to deal with better through time.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Fair enough. Some do, some don't. Some get sick of Conte moaning all the time about players and transfers. One thing he is over the others is very inexperienced. Perhaps it's something he'll learn to deal with better through time.
Clearly doing a good job this season - and his personality is a part of that, but I can't see having a breakdown on the touchline during a 0-0 draw with Newcastle in January being a good thing.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Clearly doing a good job this season - and his personality is a part of that, but I can't see having a breakdown on the touchline during a 0-0 draw with Newcastle in January being a good thing.
I wouldn't class that as a breakdown. As others have said, he's animated like that every game. I couldn't disagree with others that perhaps he needs at the very least spoken to or perhaps reprimanded in some way.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Even I find Arteta cringy at times.

But equally, and people will say we're complaining, but 3 years ago we used to get absolutely no decisions go our way at all, and a big reason was we had no backbone, and we never ever complained (I mean the manager and the players). They just sat back and let it happen.

So.. I have no real issue with what Mikel is doing, because unfortunately it seems to have been a way to help improve this.